• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Coaching Staff, The GM, And Excuses

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Landry Hat

"In their five losses this year, the Dallas Cowboys have led at halftime three times. Once they trailed by just three points. In those four games, the Cowboys have been outscored 89-16. Over the last two weeks, they have not put up a single point, getting shut out 47-0."

Garrett, in the 6 complete seasons, has had 2 winning seasons.........
1 playoff victory in so far his partial eighth season.
63 wins 51 losses

in 2017
The COWBOYS have had 3 ........20+ point losses
In 4 games the COWBOYS have allowed 35+ points......and the COWBOYS were leading at halftime in the last one.

Zeke hasn't been gone the whole season. He was in THREE games, that the COWBOYS lost.
Sean Lee hasn't missed the whole season......nor Tyron Smith

And Dak Prescott is finding out how tough it was for Tony Romo......to carry a team that is.
Dak's passer rating has dropped from last year's 104.9 to this year's 89.8
Dak has thrown 7 picks this season.....only threw 4 last season

Jones and Garrett have always promoted the excuses. But at a certain point, the excuses ain't flying.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some valid points of course, but where were these articles last year?

6th+Annual+NFL+Honors+Show+dfehH7ZZd00x.jpg

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some valid points of course, but where were these articles last year?

6th+Annual+NFL+Honors+Show+dfehH7ZZd00x.jpg
That's a little bit of an indictment in itself though. We lost our first playoff game, when we had the better team, and clock management at the end had a lot to do with it. Just saying...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a little bit of an indictment in itself though. We lost our first playoff game, when we had the better team, and clock management at the end had a lot to do with it. Just saying...
I don't disagree and I actually didn't think he was that great last year, just like I don't think he is poor this year. But we need to be consistent. GB had the best player in the game and we came back from way down in the second half. So our coaches should get credit for that, no? I just think that everyone is looking for someone to blame and I don't think another coach was going to keep us from getting steamrolled Sunday night in the second half. Dak was poor and under constant pressure and the receivers again couldn't get open. I didn't see a lot to blame Garrett for this week. i blame coaches more when we lose a close one due to questionable decisions, not for blowouts.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Landry Hat

"In their five losses this year, the Dallas Cowboys have led at halftime three times. Once they trailed by just three points. In those four games, the Cowboys have been outscored 89-16. Over the last two weeks, they have not put up a single point, getting shut out 47-0."

Garrett, in the 6 complete seasons, has had 2 winning seasons.........
1 playoff victory in so far his partial eighth season.
63 wins 51 losses

in 2017
The COWBOYS have had 3 ........20+ point losses
In 4 games the COWBOYS have allowed 35+ points......and the COWBOYS were leading at halftime in the last one.

Zeke hasn't been gone the whole season. He was in THREE games, that the COWBOYS lost.
Sean Lee hasn't missed the whole season......nor Tyron Smith

And Dak Prescott is finding out how tough it was for Tony Romo......to carry a team that is.
Dak's passer rating has dropped from last year's 104.9 to this year's 89.8
Dak has thrown 7 picks this season.....only threw 4 last season

Jones and Garrett have always promoted the excuses. But at a certain point, the excuses ain't flying.
I think the Cowboys could have won the last two games with smith and zeke. Now the beef I had was picking taco when foster and watt were still on the board. Cowboys dI'd not need to use a 1st on a project. The Cowboys should tank now and get a high pick like chubb,Fitzpatrick or sutton. In closing Goodell can go fuck himself

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree and I actually didn't think he was that great last year, just like I don't think he is poor this year. But we need to be consistent. GB had the best player in the game and we came back from way down in the second half. So our coaches should get credit for that, no? I just think that everyone is looking for someone to blame and I don't think another coach was going to keep us from getting steamrolled Sunday night in the second half. Dak was poor and under constant pressure and the receivers again couldn't get open. I didn't see a lot to blame Garrett for this week. i blame coaches more when we lose a close one due to questionable decisions, not for blowouts.
It's not all on the coaches, they are adequate. If all the HCs in the league were ranked by GMs I'm guessing JG would come in around 12-16

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for replacing JG if you can find a great coach who's willing to put up with Jerry shit. Until you find that, JG is the best option.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing people say now Dak knows what it feels like to be Romo. That's pretty hilarious to me. Romo's entire career, Flozell never missed a game at LT, Free never missed a game at LT, Tyron Smith never missed a game at LT. Romo had a prime TO to begin his career. A prime Witten. So Romo always had competent protection on his blindside and an assortment of weapons in the passing game. Not to mention he had a decent running game and a decent defense at the beginning of his starting career that wasn't reliant on one player. Romo never faced any adversity in his career until 2010, which was his 7th year in the league. And that was because the atrocity that was the 2009 draft and the Roy Williams trade in 08 that set the Cowboys back five years.

This is Dak's second year in the league, and he is facing adversity much sooner than Romo did. Witten is old, they have no true #1 WR because Dez is overrated and can't separate like Team Obliterator could. Zeke is suspended for six games. Beasley is the best receiver on the team and teams are doubling him on 3rd down. The defense without Sean Lee is giving up over 35 a game. It was never that horrible with Romo at QB after his first 26 starting. Which makes the narrative funny that Dak now knows how Romo felt. Romo had been in the league seven years before he ever had to really start to "carry a team." This is Dak's second year and he's only started 26 games. Give him fucking time for Christ's sake.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing people say now Dak knows what it feels like to be Romo. That's pretty hilarious to me. Romo's entire career, Flozell never missed a game at LT, Free never missed a game at LT, Tyron Smith never missed a game at LT. Romo had a prime TO to begin his career. A prime Witten. So Romo always had competent protection on his blindside and an assortment of weapons in the passing game. Not to mention he had a decent running game and a decent defense at the beginning of his starting career that wasn't reliant on one player. Romo never faced any adversity in his career until 2010, which was his 7th year in the league. And that was because the atrocity that was the 2009 draft and the Roy Williams trade in 08 that set the Cowboys back five years.

This is Dak's second year in the league, and he is facing adversity much sooner than Romo did. Witten is old, they have no true #1 WR because Dez is overrated and can't separate like Team Obliterator could. Zeke is suspended for six games. Beasley is the best receiver on the team and teams are doubling him on 3rd down. The defense without Sean Lee is giving up over 35 a game. It was never that horrible with Romo at QB after his first 26 starting. Which makes the narrative funny that Dak now knows how Romo felt. Romo had been in the league seven years before he ever had to really start to "carry a team." This is Dak's second year and he's only started 26 games. Give him fucking time for Christ's sake.
You bring up good points. Romo never had to deal with horrible play at LT. romo did however have to deal with horrible center play and ended up getting hurt and we missed the playoffs. Too blame this all on dak is retarded

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for replacing JG if you can find a great coach who's willing to put up with Jerry shit. Until you find that, JG is the best option.
I totally agree. I am not a huge JG fan, but no great HC is going to come here. I would not be against changing the defensive scheme though. Marinelli "cover nobody" scheme is getting old

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta Game...... halftime ...behind 10 to 7 .......lost 27 to 7
Eagles Game....... halftime...... ahead 9 to 7..........lost 37 to 9
Chargers Game....... halftime...... behind 3 to 0........lost 28 to 6

1 TD in in 11 quarters

have been outscored 72 to 6 in the second half..........last three games

Dak.......8 turnovers in the last three games

4 ........20+ point losses

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am sorry, but if you have a QB that is accurate, Dez would be much better. Beese is not the best WR on the team. Dez still is with a remotely accurate QB. Romo had no problem getting the best out of Dez. I guarantee you other teams would as well.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I honestly don't know but are teams really doubling Beasley? His best game all year he had 33 yards and has 195 total after 11 games. He's averaging 15 yards a game. Does he really need to be double teamed?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Receivers were open but Dak couldn't deliver. He isn't much of a threat without Zeke in the lineup.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Jerry is tied to his head coach.
Because if Jerry fires Garrett, it will reflect on Jerry.
It will be ANOTHER mistake by the narcissist Jones.
And Jerry, is so sensitive, about his LACK of ability, in football decisions.
And then there is Garrett. MAYBE, at some point, Garrett will show some emotion and anger.
Jerry made one good football decision......one phone call.
Jimmy lost three in a row......the second season he coached the BOYS
And after that, he proceeded to go 63 and 16........2 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONSHIPS

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sorry, but if you have a QB that is accurate, Dez would be much better. Beese is not the best WR on the team. Dez still is with a remotely accurate QB. Romo had no problem getting the best out of Dez. I guarantee you other teams would as well.

There is no way that all of what is going on with Dez is on Dak.

Dez is not far off from catching only half the balls thrown to him this year.
This year ..you know he is going to drop any contested ball his way ...just like the TD pass that was in his hands yesterday and dropped it.

Dez was an animal. It was an instant TD if you gave him one on one inside the 20.

I don't know what happened but he is not the same guy he used to be and it's not by a small margin.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way that all of what is going on with Dez is on Dak.

Dez is not far off from catching only half the balls thrown to him this year.
This year ..you know he is going to drop any contested ball his way ...just like the TD pass that was in his hands yesterday and dropped it.

Dez was an animal. It was an instant TD if you gave him one on one inside the 20.

I don't know what happened but he is not the same guy he used to be and it's not by a small margin.
Dez has been horrible this year and really hasn't been consistently good for a few years now. He plays like he is 40 years old. I don't get what happened to this guy. He shows ZERO speed or athletic ability, is almost never open by more than a step even though he doesn't get doubled, seldom seems to make any tough catches at all and often misses some relatively easy catches and spends half the game talking shit with defenders that are flat out owning him every down. Much better ways to spend $17M per year. I think WR is becoming a bigger and bigger need by the week for this team.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez has been horrible this year and really hasn't been consistently good for a few years now. He plays like he is 40 years old. I don't get what happened to this guy. He shows ZERO speed or athletic ability, is almost never open by more than a step even though he doesn't get doubled, seldom seems to make any tough catches at all and often misses some relatively easy catches and spends half the game talking shit with defenders that are flat out owning him every down. Much better ways to spend $17M per year. I think WR is becoming a bigger and bigger need by the week for this team.
I totally agree. With Zeke and a healthy OL, our WR problems were masked because opposing D's HAD to commit 8 guys to the run. That made Witten more effective in play action, allowed Beasley to occasionally see man coverage, and Dez or TWill to draw a favorable matchup. Now, teams are getting to Dak with 4 pass rushers, they are able to stop the run in nickle, and teams are locking up man under with two safeties and there is nowhere to go with the ball, because the guy the Cowboys are paying $16M a year to doesn't know how to run a full route tree. A bigtime WR makes this offense unstoppable when healthy.
On a side note, I wish they'd give Rod Smith 20 carries just once. I like Morris, but I've never seen a 220 pound guy run so soft

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree. With Zeke and a healthy OL, our WR problems were masked because opposing D's HAD to commit 8 guys to the run. That made Witten more effective in play action, allowed Beasley to occasionally see man coverage, and Dez or TWill to draw a favorable matchup. Now, teams are getting to Dak with 4 pass rushers, they are able to stop the run in nickle, and teams are locking up man under with two safeties and there is nowhere to go with the ball, because the guy the Cowboys are paying $16M a year to doesn't know how to run a full route tree. A bigtime WR makes this offense unstoppable when healthy.
On a side note, I wish they'd give Rod Smith 20 carries just once. I like Morris, but I've never seen a 220 pound guy run so soft
You must have forgotten Troy Hamrick.