• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Cleveland Browns Thread

How Far Will the Cleveland Browns Go in 2014?

• Lose in the Super Bowl.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose in the AFCC.

• Lose in the Divisional Round.

• Lose in the Wild Card Round.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As explained in the Team-by-Team Thread, I am planning on making a thread every three days for a different team. The first few posts will be questions, requests for predictions, etc. There will be a poll unless I don't feel like making one. Some teams are less interesting than others.Please participate in posting articles, predictions, etc.

So far:

The Seattle Seahawks Thread - SB Winner.

The Denver Broncos Thread - Lost to SB Winner.

The San Francisco 49ers Thread - Lost to SB Winner.

The New England Patriots Thread - Lost to SB Runnerup.

The New Orleans Saints Thread - Lost to SB Winner.

The San Diego Chargers Thread - Lost to SB Runnerup.

The Carolina Panthers Thread - Lost to NFCC Runnerup.

The Indianapolis Colts Thread - Lost to the AFCC Runnerup.

The Green Bay Packers Thread - Lost to the NFCC Runnerup.

The Philadelphia Eagles Thread - SB Winner beat the Saints who beat the Eagles.

The Kansas City Chiefs Thread - SB Runnerup beat the Colts who beat the Chiefs.

The Cincinnati Bengals Thread - AFC Runnerup Beat the Chargers who beat the Bengals.

The Arizona Cardinals Thread - Best Record for a Non-Playoff Team in a Hard Division.

The Pittsburgh Steelers Thread - Next Best Record, Controversially Missed the Playoffs.

The Chicago Bears Thread - Same Record as Above, Randomly Selected.

The Baltimore Ravens Thread - Same Record as Above, Randomly Selected.

The Dallas Cowboys Thread - Same Record as Above, Randomly Selected.

The Miami Dolphins Thread - Same Record as Above, Randomly Selected.

The New York Jets Thread - Same Record, Randomly Selected.

The New York Giants Thread - The First of Four 7-9 Teams

The Detroit Lions Thread - The Second of Four 7-9 Teams.

The Tennessee Titans Thread - Third of Four 7-9 Teams.

The St. Louis Rams Thread - Last of the 7-9 Teams.

The Buffalo Bills Thread - Sole 6-10 Team.

The Minnesota Vikings Thread - Sole 5-10-1 Team.

The Atlanta Falcons Thread - The First of Five 4-12 Teams.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers Thread - The Second of Five 4-12 Teams.

The Oakland Raiders Thread - The Third of Five 4-12 Teams.

The Cleveland Browns Thread - The Fourth of Five 4-12 Teams.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible offense… Great defense… The legacy continues

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess… Another missed postseason, and another head coach fired.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess… Another missed postseason, and another head coach fired.

That would be my guess. Oh yeah & don't forget about them making the wrong Draft Day decisions as well!:nod:

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 wins this year and Pettine kept on.

They have the Bills' #1 next year, so I'm hoping for a bad season from them.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-8 or 9-7 with an outside chance at 10 wins. I just think Baltimore will be better

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have not seen any of the preseason games for the Browns at all and have only heard the hype on Hoyer or Johnny Football but did see a link online about it being time for Grossman.

Has Grossman even played late in any of the games and is he a better choice with his experience?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

6-8...maybe 7-9 is what I'm guessing as well...I don't see the OFC scoring much on the road.

IMO, Hoyer is a serviceable QB if the weapons were all intact...8/9/maybe even 10 wins would not be unrealistic with that DEF, good ST, mistake free OFC...bringing in Manziel I think has made him press...probably trying to be perfect.

You can really question some of the draft picks of late, but so can the Steelers, just not as high on the board...I agree...gotta stick with this HC and get some stability there and eventually the QB spot before the Browns will see some consistent good results.

I foresee the Browns using one of their two 1st rounders on the QB from ORE, and the other on a WR or OT to replace Schartz.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-8 or 9-7 with an outside chance at 10 wins. I just think Baltimore will be better
:L

I thought this thread was about the Steelers. Browns are going to be terrible. Like 4-12 terrible.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

I thought this thread was about the Steelers. Browns are going to be terrible. Like 4-12 terrible.

I said 6-10...put looking at the schedule...if PIT takes care of biz in week 1, it might be week 8 vs OAK before they scratch a win.

IDK about BAL being better, but we'll have to see...they have a better DL, but I'm not sure about many other spots...that's going to be another dog fight imo. Both have similar schedules conducive to win 10+

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said 6-10...put looking at the schedule...if PIT takes care of biz in week 1, it might be week 8 vs OAK before they scratch a win.
Oak is probably thinking the same thing, too. Both teams have brutal schedules for what they are bringing. With Oak, at least you see some veterans on both sides of the ball. Cleveland will likely be the worst passing team in the league and their oline is better at pass blocking than run blocking (eyeball test...no stats to back that one up).

Cleveland might also have one of the worst locker rooms next year with Manziel coming in and you know he'll be forced into things before he is ready and before he has earned it and he is going to get killed.

Their defense is unheralded and underrated outside of Haden who is probably a bit overrated but they also lost Ward and Dqwell Jackson. Honestly...I could see them being a middle of the pack defense which isnt nearly good enough to carry their offense and they'll get gassed like so many Rams defenses Ive seen throughout our offensive struggles.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Orleans, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, @Carolina, @Cincinnati: Win 1.
Pittsburgh, @ Baltimore, @Pittsburgh, Baltimore: Win 1 (2).
@Tennessee, Houston, @Buffalo, @Atlanta: Win 2 (1).
Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, Oakland: Win 1 (2).

4-12 to 7-9.

Going to go with 6-10 because of QB inconsistency.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have not seen any of the preseason games for the Browns at all and have only heard the hype on Hoyer or Johnny Football but did see a link online about it being time for Grossman.

Has Grossman even played late in any of the games and is he a better choice with his experience?

He played in the last preseason game. I guess he has experience with the offense, which was apparently the major factor in bringing him on. He is mostly being used as a mentor for Hoyer and Manziel.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IDK about BAL being better, but we'll have to see...they have a better DL, but I'm not sure about many other spots...that's going to be another dog fight imo. Both have similar schedules conducive to win 10+

Not even against the Titans in week 5?? I don't know much about the Titans this offseason...

I'm very interested to see how Kubiak's offense looks in BAL. I'll definitely be checking in on that game periodically this weekend since PIT vs. BAL in on a short week to week 2... It will be a good game regardless

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You would think with all the top 10 picks they have had in the last decade or so that they would have fielded a pretty nice team at SOME point... :noidea:

They just need to hit a homerun on 2-3 offensive picks and they will be in business. 1 less if Gordon ever gets his shit together. The defense is set for years to come!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think with all the top 10 picks they have had in the last decade or so that they would have fielded a pretty nice team at SOME point... :noidea:

They just need to hit a homerun on 2-3 offensive picks and they will be in business. 1 less if Gordon ever gets his shit together. The defense is set for years to come!

It's a DIV games so I can't see PIT not being up for this one at home, but CLE can be a dangerous team.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a DIV games so I can't see PIT not being up for this one at home, but CLE can be a dangerous team.

All joking aside... They do have a lot of talent, which can and likely will be dangerous!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Gordon on this team and I think they have a very real shot of making the playoffs. No Josh Gordon makes that offense pedestrian at best. Fucking Josh Gordon, c'mon man.