• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Cleveland Browns are on the clock.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not disagreeing. $24-25mm per year is about what he's getting paid now, so i guess a $100M salary over 4-5 years wouldn't be out of the question. Keenum could be had for probably $10M a year less. I think that's the direction I'd try to go.

Yep...love your pick...from Bama...the kid can play in the box, he can play some CB, and he can be your last line of the DEF as a FS.

Since you aced that one...what would you do with the 1st overall? If trading down, what position would you target?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well contract #2 is the big contract in this league so his demands should be high.

He's definitely going to get paid, and should, but if he pulls a Cousinsand asks for $100 mil with 8 starts under his belt...I would have some pause.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely going to get paid, and should, but if he pulls a Cousinsand asks for $100 mil with 8 starts under his belt...I would have some pause.
I agree and I don't think there is any way the 9ers let him walk

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officer: "Baker, the Browns draft first overall."

Baker Mayfield: "I know, sir. Why do you think I am out here getting arrested?"

hqdefault.jpg

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get why a player wouldn't want to go to Cleveland, but if you think about it rationally, if you go to cleveland and just fight for a playoff spot, you'd be adored by fans.

It's not nearly as much pressure as going to a team that's competed for years and trying to win a title or get back to high prestige like philly or Denver or Chicago, etc.
They actually do have a nice looking core on offense outside of well, the QB and HC.

Reactions: Yam

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...love your pick...from Bama...the kid can play in the box, he can play some CB, and he can be your last line of the DEF as a FS.

Since you aced that one...what would you do with the 1st overall? If trading down, what position would you target?

Not only that, but it frees up Jabril Peppers to play closer to the line where he's better.

As for QB, it's difficult to gauge what they think of Kizer. I'm going to work under the impression that they will look for another QB either in the draft of FA...I'll start with draft since it's easier.

Draft: If they're sour on Kizer, they will draft Rosen #1 overall I think.

Free Agency: if they land a quality vet in FA, and they think Kizer is a suitable QB that just needs time to improve, they trade down. They need playmakers on offense, so I think they target a WR or Barkley depending on where their trade lands them in the draft. Barkley may be on top of their list.

I don't see any scenario where they enter the draft with the notion that Kizer is going to be the starter next year.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question seems to be whether Cleveland drafts Josh Rosen #1 overall or trade down. I believe they value Rosen above Darnold.

Neither one of the will amount to shit, take Allen out of Wyoming and the world will start to look very very cheerful in the Dog pound once again!

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get why a player wouldn't want to go to Cleveland, but if you think about it rationally, if you go to cleveland and just fight for a playoff spot, you'd be adored by fans.

It's not nearly as much pressure as going to a team that's competed for years and trying to win a title or get back to high prestige like philly or Denver or Chicago, etc.

"I dont want to play for a team that might lose"

fuck off and take your money

Reactions: Yam

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns and Bengals should swap coaches. Just for fun to see what happens.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone needs to tell Hoyer he is actually part of the problem...and not exactly the answer.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so sad to be the browns picking hig yearly...........

that said, sign cousins, draft barklley, draft another wr

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd be surprised if there are any football players being drafted this year who don't want to win games.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MMQB's Peter King was told by a "friend of Cleveland GM John Dorsey" the Browns will select Wyoming QB Josh Allen with the No. 1 overall pick.

The Browns have been strongly linked with USC's Sam Darnold at No. 1, but it appears as if that is not a done deal. The "friend" also expects Cleveland to stay at No. 4 overall and select Penn State RB Saquon Barkley, assuming he is not taken by the Giants at No. 2. Of course, making any declarations about draft intentions at the beginning of April is something of a fool's errand. With at least a couple quarterback-needy teams who could move up, the top of the draft could look dramatically different in a couple weeks.
Related: Browns

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MMQB's Peter King was told by a "friend of Cleveland GM John Dorsey" the Browns will select Wyoming QB Josh Allen with the No. 1 overall pick.

The Browns have been strongly linked with USC's Sam Darnold at No. 1, but it appears as if that is not a done deal. The "friend" also expects Cleveland to stay at No. 4 overall and select Penn State RB Saquon Barkley, assuming he is not taken by the Giants at No. 2. Of course, making any declarations about draft intentions at the beginning of April is something of a fool's errand. With at least a couple quarterback-needy teams who could move up, the top of the draft could look dramatically different in a couple weeks.

Uggh I am not a fan of Josh Allen but as long as they get a QB they think will develop quickly and has potential in the next couple years. I am not sold on any of the QB’s though.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sold on any of the QB’s though.

I hear ya. Tough year to be a fan of a team in need of a QB. Not one really stands out from the pack.

I hope the Browns can get Barkley at 4, but fear they somehow miss out on him, either by trading back with someone or watching NY take him 2nd.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:rolleyes2:

It's going to be Allen or Darnold #1, and most seem to think it's Darnold.

#4 hinges on what the Giants do, but the Browns are pretty comfortable with either Chubb or Barkley if they're available.