• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Big XII Thread

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big 12 title game grew on me, it'll be the only conference that actually sends its 2 best teams to the game.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still haven't figured out nobody pays attention to your posts around here, huh?
You do as evidence of how you can't stop responding.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't like it. When the top 2 teams split the regular season and ccg it's going to cost us.

Happens all the time in sports, no big deal. The Dallas Cowboys beat Green bay in the regular season, lost to them in the playoffs. In your scenario the team that lost the regular season game but won the Big 12 title game avenged one of their losses, looks good for the CFP.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, but pockets will be lined.
Exactly and there will be years where one of our teams need that other game for SOS purposes and it gets them into the playoff, which leads to even more pockets getting filled.

Now, if/when ect. That playoff expands to 6-8 teams or whatever... might have to revisit the ccg but like Romeo says, money makes the monkey dance and a ccg brings money.

If nothing else I think ours will at least be entertaining. Not sure I can say that about the other ones the last few years.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still would like to see the conference expand by two teams in the near future, and not because it's trying to replace teams that are leaving the conference. With that being said, I think Colorado State and Memphis would be a good fit. Colorado State gives the conference a share of the Denver market and Memphis brings the city of Memphis, money from FedEx, and finally gives a travel partner for ol' West Virginia.

I've been saying we should add them for years.

Caped Crusader

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying we should add them for years.

I totally agree with you about Colorado State. When the Buffaloes left, the Denver market went with them. The powers that be for the conference need to revisit this. When the possible expansion hype, took off, I really believed the Rams was a shoe in to receive an invite. They would be a nice fit. All in all, the conference need to expand by two or heck even four teams. If money is a concern, they can have a stipulation, that the incoming teams will have to wait for "X" amount of years to start receiving their portion of the TV revenue. I truly believe, the conference would make more money, during the next round of TV deals, if they expand. Also every two or four years, they could rotate the CCG, in Dallas, Kansas City and Denver. If Memphis is added, the they could be an option as well. FedEx would shell out the big bucks to showcase the CCG at the Liberty Bowl.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably going to be playing little brother in back to back weeks this year.

Caped Crusader

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably going to be playing little brother in back to back weeks this year.

You are probably right, unless some disaster happens, and the wheels fall off, for ether school. Okie list and you guys are the front runners for a title run. My Horns, are a year or two away. My sleepers are TCU, Baylor, and West Virginia.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at Memphis being a travel partner for us. Come on, really?
dana-holgorsen-jake-spavital-twitter.jpg

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need for a title game when you play everyone in your conference or so I've been told.

It makes little sense, but unbalanced schedules make little sense also. Logic be damned, this is College football. We want the money

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The championship game is both a waste and a necessity, much like the conference. The BigXII needs Texass, to step up and play better football and we do not need to ad, CSU, Cinn or Memphis. We need a real deal university, that has a 70k+ stadium that sells out. We need a Football program that actually has a fanbase.

Until Texass, starts playing good football, the conference is weak. OU can't caring it, by itself. Hell, Bama, tOSU, USC couldn't carry a conference all by itself.

The ACC and Big were consider weak, when all they had was FSU and tOSU. The PAC has never got the respect when USC was rolling. A strong conference has at least two National powerhouses. Hell, the SEC was considered weak for the first time in a decade, last year.

Did anyone really think Ole Piss was the "best 4 loss team". I remember SEC, jock sniffers and E$PN all claiming, Ole Piss

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need for a title game when you play everyone in your conference or so I've been told.

I was totally on board with this thinking, but I think the Big ten last season showed why this is actually logical. Ohio State vs Penn State should've played again the in big ten title game, instead the big ten title became a joke when the playoff committee chose Ohio state.