• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE BIG 10 THREAD

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me just throw this hypothetical out there. Disclaimer, this is completely hypothetical and in is no means a prediction.

Let's say Harbaugh does have the Midas Touch, and Michigan gets extremely lucky next year and not only wins the Big Ten, makes the playoffs, but wins the whole enchilada. How good it would be for the conference as a whole, to have arguably it's two biggest programs win the first two playoff titles?

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maryland and Rutgers definitely will be playing better ball in the coming years. The problem for them will be having to face tOSU, MSU, UM, and PSU every year. TTUN got their coaching situation figured out it seems and Penn State should be playing with a full roster. Last but not least, if Indiana can get anything figured out at QB they could have a decent season with that UAB transfer. Now the West looks muddled. All 3 of the top teams lose their featured back. Wisky will probably be ok, they always seem to plug in new rbs. Northwestern could be a good team if they develop some consistency and avoid the injury bug. Time to start fresh at HC for Iowa yet? I don't foresee Purdue or Illinois getting much better.

On some level, I think Maryland and Rutgers hold no illusions that they aren't likely to win the Big Ten very often, if at all. But it wasn't exactly like they were top dogs in the ACC and AAC (respectively). So if they take a step up, get into better bowls and have better results that is still a win for the teams (we know the athletic department is going more money, which was really the driving force behind the move).

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me just throw this hypothetical out there. Disclaimer, this is completely hypothetical and in is no means a prediction.

Let's say Harbaugh does have the Midas Touch, and Michigan gets extremely lucky next year and not only wins the Big Ten, makes the playoffs, but wins the whole enchilada. How good it would be for the conference as a whole, to have arguably it's two biggest programs win the first two playoff titles?

Sounds like a nightmare I once had

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Screw the B1G, and the whores they rode in on.

tOSU does not need the Vagerines to be good in order to win it all. The Buckeyes have been carrying your sorry azzes for over a decade. Just keep cashing the checks and be grateful.

Oh, and given the hypothetical, please pass the bong.

:lol:

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On some level, I think Maryland and Rutgers hold no illusions that they aren't likely to win the Big Ten very often, if at all. But it wasn't exactly like they were top dogs in the ACC and AAC (respectively). So if they take a step up, get into better bowls and have better results that is still a win for the teams (we know the athletic department is going more money, which was really the driving force behind the move).
I don't know if this is true or not, but the higher ups at MD are doing what they can to support the football program. The upgrades to the football facilities are a big start.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the same effect no matter what B1G teams win the whole thing, except for tOSU again. If tOSU win, the B1G is a one trick pony, if Mich, Mich St, PSU, NU, Wisky or any other win then it looks good for the conference as a whole.

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know what to expect from tsun this year, they have recruited well in the past, so I don't believe the cupboard is bare. They've just been struggling at the QB spot for years now, and the o line ain't helping. Even with the coaching change, I find it hard to believe they are last in recruiting right now.

Signing day in a week. Hope we pick up a few more between now and then. Wonder what Torrance Gibson is going to do? I think he'll switch last minute.

uofmarmyguy

Meat Popsicle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw the B1G, and the whores they rode in on.

tOSU does not need the Vagerines to be good in order to win it all. The Buckeyes have been carrying your sorry azzes for over a decade. Just keep cashing the checks and be grateful.

Oh, and given the hypothetical, please pass the bong.

:lol:

Seriously, 2nd page in and the norm that is the standard OSU fan has to rear his ignorant head? How about a grown-up discussion without the toolery? Seriously, I hate OSU but rooted my rear off in the game, I believe OSU to be the devil incarnate along with any Apple products but you are still B1G and thus I will root for conference over non-conference.

So, please lets keep it amicable in here. Really getting tired of the message board mantra of let's be douche-bags all the time, no matter what.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, 2nd page in and the norm that is the standard OSU fan has to rear his ignorant head? How about a grown-up discussion without the toolery? Seriously, I hate OSU but rooted my rear off in the game, I believe OSU to be the devil incarnate along with any Apple products but you are still B1G and thus I will root for conference over non-conference.

So, please lets keep it amicable in here. Really getting tired of the message board mantra of let's be douche-bags all the time, no matter what.

Not trying to be a douche bag but I will not root for TTUN. My passion for the rivalry outweighs any conference pride I have. I would tolerate another 7 years of SEC! chants over one year of UM on top. Blame Cooper

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate me some Cooper too.

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That bastard should have had us about 2-3 more Nattys, but has to shit the bed against tsun.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That bastard should have had us about 2-3 more Nattys, but has to shit the bed against tsun.

Yep although no doubt he could recruit. But 2-10-1 vs. meeeechegan & a 3-8 bowl record just doesn't cut it.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me and a couple of fellow Ducks (Mamba, etc) will be making the trip to East Lansing this fall. I cannot wait. I love road games and this one should be fun.

Any Spartans on here have suggestions for places to go, things to do while in the area? Or possibly any other B1G fans have comments about East Lansing? Fun or nah?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me and a couple of fellow Ducks (Mamba, etc) will be making the trip to East Lansing this fall. I cannot wait. I love road games and this one should be fun.

Any Spartans on here have suggestions for places to go, things to do while in the area? Or possibly any other B1G fans have comments about East Lansing? Fun or nah?

What do you enjoy doing? What kind of food do you like? Any idea where you are staying?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have followed the Buckeyes to road games @ Spartan Stadium twice. Granted both times were back in the 90's but I had a great time in E. Lansing.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Should have had at least 1 in the 90s with the talent a couple of those teams had, and should've had 1 more with sweatervest. but, thats all water under the bridge. The ship has been righted, and its full steam ahead. The future looks bright. :nod:

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:pound: keep fucking dreaming skunk weasel...... :L

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have had at least 1 in the 90s with the talent a couple of those teams had, and should've had 1 more with sweatervest. but, thats all water under the bridge. The ship has been righted, and its full steam ahead. The future looks bright. :nod:

1998:yahoo::dhd::saban: