• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bennett Situation

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey all i am saying is he is not a super star. He is a stud and is paid correctly. He just needs to shut up and play and stop saying "this guy needs to be paid that guy needs to be paid oh and I need to be paid"

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett says "Guys who are getting three sacks are getting $100 million these last couple years"

this is the shit that just makes me roll my eyes. See it's not about production for him it's "he is making this he is making that WAAAH WAAAH WAHH!

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett reminds me of G. Payton his last few years in Seattle... His mouth was getting old and tiresome to fans in Seattle... Bennett is irritating, for sure... His mouth falls on deaf ears w/ me... I get tired of his chatter...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don't understand, is why people are bothered his talk about contracts, when he's still going to play under his team friendly deal. I understand being annoyed if he holds out. But til that happens, his complaining doesn't matter to me.

Should he not be allowed to voice displeasure with his deal, while he's still honoring it?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don't understand, is why people are bothered his talk about contracts, when he's still going to play under his team friendly deal. I understand being annoyed if he holds out. But til that happens, his complaining doesn't matter to me.

Should he not be allowed to voice displeasure with his deal, while he's still honoring it?

people aren't happy unless they're unhappy about something.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey all i am saying is he is not a super star. He is a stud and is paid correctly. He just needs to shut up and play and stop saying "this guy needs to be paid that guy needs to be paid oh and I need to be paid"
Expecting Bennett to shut up about $ is in exact proportion to you stifling yourself regarding putting him down, over and over.
Neither will happen even though it gets old and tired.
IMO, MB is our 3rd mvp on our D, ahead of Cliff.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks DE Michael Bennett is still underrated

By official NFL statistics, Bennett has tallied 34.5 sacks over the last four seasons. That’s 16th-most in the league over that span. In terms of pressures, though, Bennett has 292 in the same time frame. Only J.J. Watt was better. (That’s pretty good company.) Bennett is also far from a one-trick pony. He’s had a top-10 run-stop percentage among 4-3 defense ends each of the past three years, as well.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not putting Bennett's play down just his attitude, The Guy thinks he is greatness but he is not and wouldn't be even thought of that way if not for the players around him. Like i said he is a stud in this defense but he is not a top 5-10 defensive ( like he thinks )player in the league and i would say not a top 5 player on the Hawks Roster. I KNOW everyone on this board can name 5 players on this team that mean more to "wins and losses" than Bennett does.

If the Hawks have to choose between Bennett and say Doug Baldwin i know who we SHOULD keep and it's not even close. Baldwin has always been clutch and now him and Wilson are pictured beside the word CLUTCH in the dictionary :P. Baldwin, Wilson, Kam, Earl, Wagner, Sherman and Wright, These guys need to stay together as long as possible and if that means a unhappy Bennett departs after 2017 as a FA so be it, thank you for your on field play to bad it didn't match your off field personality lol.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think the Seahawks would like to keep Baldwin, but looks like the cost for WRs just shoot sky high this off season. Hurns a good WR2 just got 40 mil over 4 years, 16 guarantee, so it is going to be expensive to sign Baldwin. He says he wants to be paid like a top receiver, so I wonder what kind of money he's going to be asking for.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If P Rich and Lockett play well this year, my guess is ADB is allowed to walk.
Bennett should get a nice raise next year in a short term high dollar extension. He earned that.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baldwin just got $11 million a year, so we'll see what they have available next year and what they decide to offer Bennett. I hope they're able to get something done, but the prospect of losing Bennett scares me less than the prospect of losing Baldwin did. Lockett's rookie year was great and I think he'll do great things as the #2 guy, but we needed to get Baldwin back for the long haul. The trio of Baldwin, Lockett and Graham gives defenses a lot to think about. You take away Baldwin and it gets a little easier for defenses to handle Lockett and Graham. If you take Bennett off of the defense, you still have Pro Bowl players at multiple positions and a guy in Frank Clark who might be ready to step into that role in this third year in the league.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, good for ADB. I would admit it was over what I expected Seattle to pay, but the core remains intact.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is pretty obvious that JS does a great job orchestrating the roster.
JS has established a protocol for salaries, and Bennett was part of that process just two years ago.
But he is NEVER satisfied. IF, PA could spend unlimited money on salaries, Bennett would still probably complain.

There is a CAP, and Bennett knows this, but he still wants a bigger piece EVEN THOUGH he totally knows that MB getting more will cost a few of his teammates a job.

I don't agree with you MB, you got your piece, and you will get another. Now quit bitching about your salary.

( I NEVER said he didn't play hard or won't show up, but his Bitching does NOT strengthen the Team).

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the media eggs him on. Season can't start soon enough.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is pretty obvious that JS does a great job orchestrating the roster.
JS has established a protocol for salaries, and Bennett was part of that process just two years ago.
But he is NEVER satisfied. IF, PA could spend unlimited money on salaries, Bennett would still probably complain.

There is a CAP, and Bennett knows this, but he still wants a bigger piece EVEN THOUGH he totally knows that MB getting more will cost a few of his teammates a job.

I don't agree with you MB, you got your piece, and you will get another. Now quit bitching about your salary.

( I NEVER said he didn't play hard or won't show up, but his Bitching does NOT strengthen the Team).

Him staying quiet about it would strengthen the team just as much. This doesn't matter nearly as much as the media pretends it does. In fact it doesn't matter at all unless he holds out.