• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Basketball Tournament

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you probably already know about this, but this is the third year TBT is being held, in which a host of put together teams compete for a 2 million dollar prize.

A draw is that several major college programs assemble teams from recent alumni. For example, a game was played between Marquette and Sparty alumni and the game featured Darius Johnson-Odom, Jerel McNeal, Maurice Acker, Delvon Roe, Charlie Bell, and Korie Lucious. The results are often not what you would expect.

There are also several former NBA players who play.

It's no March Madness. For example, Villanova's team came with 5 players, Scottie Reynolds went out with an injury, they had to play with 4 and got beat by a team of shmucks. :dhd:

But it might be intriguing for College Hoops fanatics.

TBT | The Basketball Tournament

Last edited:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I followed it last year and I think the team from Arizona were runner ups.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beoheim's Army plays in the tbt. I don't follow it much though.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet 16 baby!!!!!

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no idea this was a thing. I looked at some of the teams and it's great to see some old faces from AZ and around CBB. Glad they are able to still ball in a fashion that can pay their bills and have some good competition.

It's kinda cool to see them collect by team alumni, wish AZ did it.

@The Derski You said there was an AZ team last year, or just had some of them on it? I see only 4 past Cats, were there more last year? I see Bibby, Hasan, Fogg, and Parrom. Great to see Parrom playing!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no idea this was a thing. I looked at some of the teams and it's great to see some old faces from AZ and around CBB. Glad they are able to still ball in a fashion that can pay their bills and have some good competition.

It's kinda cool to see them collect by team alumni, wish AZ did it.

@The Derski You said there was an AZ team last year, or just had some of them on it? I see only 4 past Cats, were there more last year? I see Bibby, Hasan, Fogg, and Parrom. Great to see Parrom playing!
I wish UofA would get a team too. I think Salim would be perfect for this type of tournament. I was just talking about the team from Arizona. They're called Team 23 and they were runner ups last year and this year they are the top seed in the West and have advanced to the Super 16.