• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The bad blood runs deep between St. Louis and San Francisco

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This rivalry between the Giants and Cardinals goes back to 1986 when one of the biggest fights happened in St. Louis. Krukow, Chris Brown, Kutcher, and the Humm Baby himself Roger Craig cleared the benches to scrap with the Cards. One of the longest fights I could remember. The cops were on the field.Those two teams in the 80's hated each other and the fans that are around remember it like it was yesterday.

One flap down in 1987 NLCS when Hackman stirred up a lot of emotion on both sides. St. Louis fans spilled beer on him and chanted his name. He even got hit by a cowbell.

In 1988 Will Clark's slide at 2nd started another huge fight. Ozzie Smith throwing cheap shots everywhere. Clark was out there taking on all comers. The Candyman over the top was a awesome sight coming with a charge for Smith who got a fat lip from the punch.

I think we all remember 2012 when Matt Holliday took out Marco Scutaro at 2nd in the NLCS. These two teams just don't like each other. There is a competitive respect but some how some way a brawl usually breaks out. Sparks could fly again this week. Looking forward to watching this possible playoff match up.

For those not around here are some moments from baseball brawl past between these two teams.

on youtube...

St. Louis Cardinal San Francisco Giant brawl '86

One flap down

SF @ STL Benches clear after Clark's slide into second

2012/10/15 Scutaro shaken up

Go Giants !!

We will always remember

:suds::clap:

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Biggest fights?" Hardly anything happened, before, during, or after.

C'mon man, this was almost 30 years ago. There is enough hate in the world without people having to invent more. The Cardinals are as good an organization as there is in the game. There is a bit of a rivalry here, but nothing special. Little of note has happened since.

Play ball. May the best team win.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Biggest fights?" Hardly anything happened, before, during, or after.

C'mon man, this was almost 30 years ago. There is enough hate in the world without people having to invent more. The Cardinals are as good an organization as there is in the game. There is a bit of a rivalry here, but nothing special. Little of note has happened since.

Play ball. May the best team win.

All those fights happened as I was discovering the game, so I have to admit that they do have a special spot in my memory as well, but I have to agree that there are other things to look at in the rivalry than those. some of those players have kids on the majors now, for God's sake.