• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The A's are the best team in baseball

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The A's biggest threat still remains the dog gone Tigers.

We need to get over Detroit. Then we can talk.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry,

Donaldson looks average at best and is making errors at an alarming rate.

Moss is having a MRI on a gimpy ankle.

And even with Samardzija the rotation gets only slightly better. The A's had a good rotation but have holes at 2b and SS. Decent fielding but neither Lowrie or Sogard are hitting better than .225.

Every team right about now has some holes but to say the A's are the team to beat is hopeful at best. I would just try to get the Tigers to stop owning the A's.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry,

And even with Samardzija the rotation gets only slightly better. The A's had a good rotation but have holes at 2b and SS. Decent fielding but neither Lowrie or Sogard are hitting better than .225.

Every team right about now has some holes but to say the A's are the team to beat is hopeful at best. I would just try to get the Tigers to stop owning the A's.

Tigers need a few bull pen arms. Sure Tigers have owned the A's over last few years. A's are making their moves to prove they a serious about a ring. Let's see what DD does to show they are serious.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry,

You're really using errors to evaluate defense? Jesus fucking christ. Most metrics rate Donaldson as the best defensive 3B in baseball this year to go along with a 120 OPS+.

A's have the best record in baseball and the best run differential by a wide margin (+135, 2nd best is LAA at +71). I don't see how it's unreasonable to suggest the A's might be the "team to beat."

And what happened in 2012 and 2013 has zero relevance in 2014. Especially considering the Tigers are probably worse than last year, especially if Verlander continues to struggle. That's like saying the Angels had no chance against the Red Sox in '09 simply because of what happened in '04, '07 or '08. Even though the Angels were clearly a better team that year.

Last edited by a moderator:

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's one thing I've learned as a baseball fan over the years it's to NEVER count the Cardinals out. They'll make it. Waino, Wacha, Miller, Lynn, Garcia (once they all get healthy) and that stacked pen with an offense that has to wake up eventually.

I think they will add a bat at the deadline and if their starters come back within the next few weeks and they stay healthy then they're still my pick to come out of the NL.

This is the first year that they don't have a true power hitter in their line up like Beltran or Puljos. It sounds like they keep waiting for Matt Adams for become their power hitter.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry,

That's a ridiculous statement and you know it, man. They just picked up a legit ace whose ready to be a horse in October. And they picked up a solid #3 in Hammel. The depth is going to pay off bigtime.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's one thing I've learned as a baseball fan over the years it's to NEVER count the Cardinals out. They'll make it. Waino, Wacha, Miller, Lynn, Garcia (once they all get healthy) and that stacked pen with an offense that has to wake up eventually.

I think they will add a bat at the deadline and if their starters come back within the next few weeks and they stay healthy then they're still my pick to come out of the NL.

It's one of my biggest fears every single season and is this year too. If Allen Craig hadn't stunk this season and Roidier Molina had been, well... Roidier, they'd be up by 5 games in the NL Central.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The A's biggest threat still remains the dog gone Tigers.

We need to get over Detroit. Then we can talk.

Imagine the duels we'll be witness to if it comes down to these teams in the ALCS! :hope:

Damn I love this game!

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine the duels we'll be witness to if it comes down to these teams in the ALCS! :hope:

Damn I love this game!

It will be awesome. The key is getting the staff there intact. I don't see that as a problem now with two big boys chewing up innings through the dog days of summer.

That 06 Detroit Oakland ALCS drove me crazy. Kenny Rodgers!!!! :gaah:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle and LAA are playing out of their minds now to.

West is very strong at the top.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see the Brewers make a play for David Price.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see the Brewers make a play for David Price.

I think Phil Hughes name may come up.

Twins picked up Morales and looked to be all in. But now struggling mightily, last place in Central, and 10.5 back.

Maybe shopping a righty that is a workhorse inning eater is what the Twins should strongly consider.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Phil Hughes name may come up.

Twins picked up Morales and looked to be all in. But now struggling mightily, last place in Central, and 10.5 back.

Maybe shopping a righty that is a workhorse inning eater is what the Twins should strongly consider.

Hughes does have good numbers but I like that Price is a lefty and I believe he is signed for one more year. Oakland made their move and I wished Milwaukee would follow. Oakland and Milwaukee rarely feel froggy and leap but I think Oakland knew this was their year to take a chance, I think the Brewers need to do the same and go out and get their ace. Many may laugh but over the years small market Milwaukee got CC Sabathia and Zach Grienke, don't count them out. We have a real good owner, I don't put it by him.