• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't expect Jackson to turn pro. Duke now loses Jackson, Kennard, Tatum, Giles, Jeter, Jones, Jefferson, and Obi from last years team.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@douggie does Duke have any transfer coming in that are eligible? Either grad transfers or somebody that sat out last season as a transfer? I can't think of anybody off the top of my head, but I'm not as plugged in as you probably are.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@douggie does Duke have any transfer coming in that are eligible? Either grad transfers or somebody that sat out last season as a transfer? I can't think of anybody off the top of my head, but I'm not as plugged in as you probably are.

Nope. They are in the discussion phase with 6'11' Juwan Durham who is talking of transferring out of Georgetown. But Duke needs PG's rather than a PF. Besides, he would have to sit out a season first. I believe that Jackson leaving makes Tre Duvall a top priority for Duke now.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. They are in the discussion phase with 6'11' Juwan Durham who is talking of transferring out of Georgetown. But Duke needs PG's rather than a PF. Besides, he would have to sit out a season first. I believe that Jackson leaving makes Tre Duvall a top priority for Duke now.

Yeah, I've been under the assumption they were going to get Duvall regardless of what Jackson did. He's certainly a huge piece potentially for Duke. If not my guess is Allen starts at PG and Trent Jr. starts at SG. But at this point Duke needs bodies.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. That one was predictable once Duke offered of the scholly. Congrats @douggie

@Hitman Hart ... Them f'n dukies. :L

Hey now, you got Tyus Battle last season. And, who I thought was a Duke recruit. But you didn't hear me whine about it. He killed Duke this last season when they played. If he had went to Duke he probably would be declaring for the League. He will be an absolute beast next season as a Sophomore.

raginboeheim.gif

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey now, you got Tyus Battle last season. And, who I thought was a Duke recruit. But you didn't hear me whine about it. He killed Duke this last season when they played. If he had went to Duke he probably would be declaring for the League. He will be an absolute beast next season as a Sophomore.

raginboeheim.gif

Duke had 4 consensus Top 15 players in Battle's class. If you would have bitched about Duke missing on Tyus Battle, then me and @jonvi would have bitchslapped you all the way to the Outer Banks.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. That one was predictable once Duke offered of the scholly. Congrats @douggie

@Hitman Hart ... Them f'n dukies. :L

Yeah, when I saw this I was puzzled because I thought it was down to GT and Syracuse. Weird how Duke can come in at the last second and steal him. Hurts for Syracuse for sure, but just imagine at how GT and their fans must feel. This is a hometown kid and someone was able to come in at the last second and just scoop him up.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, when I saw this I was puzzled because I thought it was down to GT and Syracuse. Weird how Duke can come in at the last second and steal him. Hurts for Syracuse for sure, but just imagine at how GT and their fans must feel. This is a hometown kid and someone was able to come in at the last second and just scoop him up.

Duke was his dream school. I believe Capel walked around everyday with an index card that had his name on it tucked in his back pocket.
Duke had 4 consensus Top 15 players in Battle's class. If you would have bitched about Duke missing on Tyus Battle, then me and @jonvi would have bitchslapped you all the way to the Outer Banks.

Hey now, Battle was an earlier recruit in the process. He was way out in front of all the OAD's Duke had last season that had an official visit at Duke.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke was his dream school. I believe Capel walked around everyday with an index card that had his name on it tucked in his back pocket.

Hey now, Battle was an earlier recruit in the process. He was way out in front of all the OAD's Duke had last season that had an official visit at Duke.

Has to be for him to commit to Duke in the fashion that he did.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

raginboeheim.gif

Battle tested dude. We need to get him help though.