• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA Tournament will be returning to the state of NC, but it looks like they still aren't giving NC any regionals, which is weird.

2018- Charlotte
2020- Greensboro
2021- Raleigh

2019- Columbia, SC
2022- Greenville, SC

Interesting that SC is getting to host opening round games in 2 of the five years. Looks like HB2 is still managing to hurt NC, even though it doesn't even exist anymore. I hope the NCAA brain trust realizes that its pretty unlikely UNC, Duke and South Carolina will end up being in the same pod again.

Atlanta, Louisville, Houston, Memphis and San Antonio are in line to host regionals in the south region. There is no reason why Charlotte and/or Raleigh can't be on that list.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That does suck. Last year 162 NCAA and international players declared their intent to enter the NBA Draft early. But 91 of those guys withdrew prior to the commitment date. According to his father Al Jackson, "The door is definitely open for Frank to return....Frank still may very well go back".

Duke's Frank Jackson, a Lone Peak grad, declares for NBA draft but will not hire agent

Frank Jackson would be taking advantage of the NCAA rules by "testing the waters" so to speak, but has until 11:59pm on May 24th to withdraw his name from draft considerations to maintain his college eligibility. If I was him I'd do the same thing. I also hope he will see an advantage in staying at Duke another season. He is currently ranked 45th on Draft Express Top 100 Prospects. To see a kid like Jackson's perspective on why he would possibly leave for the NBA early, POY Frank Mason is ranked 70th among Top 100 prospects on draftexpress.com .

DraftExpress - Top 100 Prospects

If he waits it would be worth major $$$$$$$$. Jackson is projected #21 in a mock 2018 Draft.

DraftExpress - 2018 Mock Draft

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That does suck. Last year 162 NCAA and international players declared their intent to enter the NBA Draft early. But 91 of those guys withdrew prior to the commitment date. According to his father Al Jackson, "The door is definitely open for Frank to return....Frank still may very well go back".

Duke's Frank Jackson, a Lone Peak grad, declares for NBA draft but will not hire agent

Frank Jackson would be taking advantage of the NCAA rules by "testing the waters" so to speak, but has until 11:59pm on May 24th to withdraw his name from draft considerations to maintain his college eligibility. If I was him I'd do the same thing. I also hope he will see an advantage in staying at Duke another season. He is currently ranked 45th on Draft Express Top 100 Prospects. To see a kid like Jackson's perspective on why he would possibly leave for the NBA early, POY Frank Mason is ranked 70th among Top 100 prospects on draftexpress.com .

DraftExpress - Top 100 Prospects

If he waits it would be worth major $$$$$$$$. Jackson is projected #21 in a mock 2018 Draft.

DraftExpress - 2018 Mock Draft

I really think he should come back. Being selected mid to late 2nd round is a dumb decision especially when you can make your way into the round 1 next season

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think he should come back. Being selected mid to late 2nd round is a dumb decision especially when you can make your way into the round 1 next season

Well there's only 60 draftees. Right now the NBA announced there is 182 players declaring for the draft, 137 of which are college players. Joel Berry pulls out already. I guess those 36 hours he tested the waters convinced him.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a really good fit for him IMO. For some reason he seemed to never get out of Brey's doghouse this past year. He's a heck of a shooter. Interesting time for him to transfer as he probably would have started next season with Vasturia and Beachem graduating.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, this certainly does. Everyone except for Allen appear to be jumping ship. However as @douggie mentioned he would go higher next season in the draft so i am thinking he will be back this year.

Yea this would be a terrible decision for him. You don't enter the draft when you're a projected mid to late 2nd round pick unless you feel like you have absolutely no room to improve

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hasn't anyone at NCSU sat down and talked with these guys?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea this would be a terrible decision for him. You don't enter the draft when you're a projected mid to late 2nd round pick unless you feel like you have absolutely no room to improve

Either that or you really want out of the program you are currently enrolled with :tsk:

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hasn't anyone at NCSU sat down and talked with these guys?

They'll probably come back. Kapita looks like he has potential, but he does seem to suffer from low basketball IQ. He's only 6'8, but he is bouncy. Will be interesting to see what type of player he develops into.

Yurtseven is pretty soft.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll probably come back. Kapita looks like he has potential, but he does seem to suffer from low basketball IQ. He's only 6'8, but he is bouncy. Will be interesting to see what type of player he develops into.

Yurtseven is pretty soft.

So many of these guys have a mindset that any check beats no check. Remember JP Tokoto when he left Carolina? He was 58th overall in the 2015 NBA Draft taken by the Sixers. He signed like a one-year $500,000 deal. Since then I think he is making like $30,000 a year in the D-League.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many of these guys have a mindset that any check beats no check. Remember JP Tokoto when he left Carolina? He was 58th overall in the 2015 NBA Draft taken by the Sixers. He signed like a one-year $500,000 deal. Since then I think he is making like $30,000 a year in the D-League.

Tokoto left because he thought that he couldn't develop a jump shot in college. Was the wrong choice, imo, but its his life. If he's only making $30,000 in the D-League right now, then he needs to go to Europe.

I have high hopes for the D-League (or G-League) system working out one day, but today isn't that day.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tokoto left because he thought that he couldn't develop a jump shot in college. Was the wrong choice, imo, but its his life. If he's only making $30,000 in the D-League right now, then he needs to go to Europe.

I have high hopes for the D-League (or G-League) system working out one day, but today isn't that day.

Well, I probably shouldn't say $30K. I think $30K is the D-League minimum. He most likely makes closer to 100K. But my point is most all of these guys want that money NOW instead of earning more money later.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Hitman Hart Do you guys feel like Tucker is close to a lock for GT? Folks up this way are chompin at the bit.

Tucker, a 6-foot-7 senior, has narrowed his choices down to Syracuse and Georgia Tech. He had previously considered Indiana, Oregon and Villanova. He is rated the No. 40 prospect in the 2017 class.

Why is Tucker so important to Syracuse? Several reasons.

Timing
Tucker's decision is coming at the end of the recruiting year for the Class of 2017. He's one of just a few Top 40 recruits that have yet to make a college decision.

As a result, Tucker occupies a place of importance in terms of capping off the recruiting class.

Need
One of Tucker's strengths is his ability to shoot from the outside. One of Syracuse's biggest areas of need is outside shooting.

Syracuse lost the three top 3-point shooters off last year's team in Andrew White (40.3 percent), John Gillon (41.9) and Tyler Lydon (39.5.). Syracuse's best returning shooter is Tyus Battle, who went 60-for-164 (36.6 percent) from the 3-point line.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Hitman Hart Do you guys feel like Tucker is close to a lock for GT? Folks up this way are chompin at the bit.

Tucker, a 6-foot-7 senior, has narrowed his choices down to Syracuse and Georgia Tech. He had previously considered Indiana, Oregon and Villanova. He is rated the No. 40 prospect in the 2017 class.

Why is Tucker so important to Syracuse? Several reasons.

Timing
Tucker's decision is coming at the end of the recruiting year for the Class of 2017. He's one of just a few Top 40 recruits that have yet to make a college decision.

As a result, Tucker occupies a place of importance in terms of capping off the recruiting class.

Need
One of Tucker's strengths is his ability to shoot from the outside. One of Syracuse's biggest areas of need is outside shooting.

Syracuse lost the three top 3-point shooters off last year's team in Andrew White (40.3 percent), John Gillon (41.9) and Tyler Lydon (39.5.). Syracuse's best returning shooter is Tyus Battle, who went 60-for-164 (36.6 percent) from the 3-point line.

Not sure, haven't followed this recruitment. 247 obviously doesn't know either, considering that most of them thought that he was going to Indiana.