• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been the most frustrating year as a Duke fan I can ever remember. One injury or distraction after another. The good news is that Jefferson will be back within a couple weeks and hopefully with a full compliment of healthy teammates.

As a Gophers fan, I would welcome this most frustrating year for you onto myself for literally every Gophers season now through the end of time. lol

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SU @ VT tonight. VT -3.5

SU ripped off wins against Miami and Pitt cause Coach JB went to a 6 man rotation and put Gillon in control of the point. With games @ UNC and @ND coming right up....winning tonight's game would sure go a long ways.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SU @ VT tonight. VT -3.5

SU ripped off wins against Miami and Pitt cause Coach JB went to a 6 man rotation and put Gillon in control of the point. With games @ UNC and @ND coming right up....winning tonight's game would sure go a long ways.

Well it worked for 2 games. Coleman is so useless he gets no time at all. What a waste of a scholarship. Peace.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ACC: You win at home; good effing luck on the road

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I'm rooting for Duke or anything because I'd certainly never do that, it is a shame we haven't seen them at full strength this year. Jefferson is a big piece missing for that game now.

They're not far from full strength. It's all about playing as a team. I'm not sure about Duke's team defense.

In trouble against FSU.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So going to be one of those years where Duke plays like ass in true road games? Cool

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to think, FSU is a missed layup from being undefeated this point in the season. And we had an 18-point lead in the 2nd half of that game.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louisville will kill Duke Saturday.

I don't know about killing your boys but I like UofL's team this year.

Just to think, FSU is a missed layup from being undefeated this point in the season. And we had an 18-point lead in the 2nd half of that game.

FSU is for real making everyone notice.

Well it worked for 2 games. Coleman is so useless he gets no time at all. What a waste of a scholarship. Peace.

SU hung in there against VT last night. Which was better than some of the losses I've had to watch. But I just can't see a path to the ncaa tournament this year now that the VT game went into the L column.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're not far from full strength. It's all about playing as a team. I'm not sure about Duke's team defense.

In trouble against FSU.

Yeah, I guess now they are creeping closer to who they probably will be as a team, but now K is out for the next 3 weeks or so. Plus I don't think Giles will ever project out to what he was going to be because of the injuries and that's a shame. Plus Jefferson missed last nights game as well. He's an important piece for them, no doubt. I think I saw a stat that said out of the 17 games they've played they've only had their full roster for 2 of those games.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I guess now they are creeping closer to who they probably will be as a team, but now K is out for the next 3 weeks or so. Plus I don't think Giles will ever project out to what he was going to be because of the injuries and that's a shame. Plus Jefferson missed last nights game as well. He's an important piece for them, no doubt. I think I saw a stat that said out of the 17 games they've played they've only had their full roster for 2 of those games.

I agree. Duke's preseason hype was based on the assumption that Harry Giles was going to be a Karl Towns or at least Joel Embiid type player and that looks unlikely.

So, basically, you've replaced Ingram with Tatum, Thornton with Jackson, and you get Jefferson back and everybody else is a year better. Which is still a team that can contend for the title no doubt, but not the prohibitive favorite. I'll be honest, that's the way I want it. With Duke at 'normal' strength, the title is up for grabs this year and March will be awesome.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Duke's preseason hype was based on the assumption that Harry Giles was going to be a Karl Towns or at least Joel Embiid type player and that looks unlikely.

So, basically, you've replaced Ingram with Tatum, Thornton with Jackson, and you get Jefferson back and everybody else is a year better. Which is still a team that can contend for the title no doubt, but not the prohibitive favorite. I'll be honest, that's the way I want it. With Duke at 'normal' strength, the title is up for grabs this year and March will be awesome.

Yeah, I certainly wouldn't call them the favorite like I did prior to the season. Giles and Bolden for that matter aren't the difference makers everybody projected them to be, at least not yet, which some of that can be contributed to injuries. Grayson appears to have leveled off, I expected a much better year out of him. But Kennard has taken a big step forward with his game. Duke is now one of what I would say 10-12 teams that could conceivably win the whole thing.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So going to be one of those years where Duke plays like ass in true road games? Cool
I think it's one of those years (the only year ever), where FSU has a top 10 pick and an actual legit National title contender, they played great last night, Duke may not have been their best, but taking away from FSU's big win by saying what you said is kind of bullshit.

CtzoZ8iWIAQhyGl.jpg

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's one of those years (the only year ever), where FSU has a top 10 pick and an actual legit National title contender, they played great last night, Duke may not have been their best, but taking away from FSU's big win by saying what you said is kind of bullshit.

CtzoZ8iWIAQhyGl.jpg

Yeah ACC is ridiculous this year. So many possible final 4 teams in the conference. I wasn't taking away anything. Stop being so sensitive.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I really wanted to take away from their win, I would have mentioned injuries that Duke been dealing with.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah ACC is ridiculous this year. So many possible final 4 teams in the conference. I wasn't taking away anything. Stop being so sensitive.
I'm not sensitive, which is why I posted that "supposed to be serious", but looks like he's crying picture of Isaac.

The day I get sensitive, or rustled over the internet, is the day I change my name to Teresa and suck cock for money.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Jefferson, Duke is very mediocre in the post. Its going to be a battle for them against teams with decent post presence until he comes back.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I really wanted to take away from their win, I would have mentioned injuries that Duke been dealing with.

We can't use injuries as an excuse. Duke has the talent, just not living up to it.. Here's what I started a thread about on the Duke Board:

"I've noticed that since Giles came onto the floor (and I mean actually playing live game action) the actual play or Duke has gone downhill. Team chemistry was all sorts of messed up when he and the other Freshman stepped onto the court. It's like the hype of these players has gotten to every Duke Player and they flat out aren't playing.

I don't remember seeing a team so sloppy, inconsistent and give up so many lay-ups then this years team. Now I might be too harsh but this isn't like this is there first time playing, it just happens to be their first time playing together and it appears to be messing with them.

The season is far from over that's for sure but man if Duke keeps on playing like this they aint winning anything!"