• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
someone needs to tell nc st they don't need a 3 with a over a minute left and down 3. 3 straight possessions

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
State is going to wreck some shit come tourney time.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
State is going to wreck some shit come tourney time.

I don't know. when u depend on the 3 that much u will either look really good or really bad game to game

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see UVA finishing with 6 losses. They would practically have to go 0-6 in their remaining 6 toughest games: Duke, @UNC, UL, @NC State, @Syracuse, @UL if that were to happen. Wake Forest and Pitt aren't any good this year. There is a reason they are favored in the remainder of their games, they are very good.

Its amazing at the lack of the respect that the #2 team in the country, who also happen to be the defending ACC Champions get from some people.

They dominated #14 Maryland and #19 VCU, and went on the road and beat #12 Notre Dame. I don't seem them losing six ACC games.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its amazing at the lack of the respect that the #2 team in the country, who also happen to be the defending ACC Champions get from some people.

They dominated #14 Maryland and #19 VCU, and went on the road and beat #12 Notre Dame. I don't seem them losing six ACC games.

Meh, the only people that aren't giving UVa the respect they deserve are people that don't follow the conference closely, they just assume that UNC, Duke and Louisville are so much better than everybody else without actually watching the games. BendtheRim is a VCU fan, and they seem to have a severe case of penis envy when it comes to the fact that UVa is the best team in the state and not the Rams.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bend_The_Rim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, the only people that aren't giving UVa the respect they deserve are people that don't follow the conference closely, they just assume that UNC, Duke and Louisville are so much better than everybody else without actually watching the games. BendtheRim is a VCU fan, and they seem to have a severe case of penis envy when it comes to the fact that UVa is the best team in the state and not the Rams.

No need to be an orange and blue twat. I was just giving my opinion as I do think UVA is playing a bit above their status. Just make sure you don't become a typical UVA fan and completely disappear when they string together a few losses.

They have a tough schedule ahead. saying a team may get 5 or 6 losses in ACC conference play should not be considered an insult to those with fragile egos. :suds:

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to be an orange and blue twat. I was just giving my opinion as I do think UVA is playing a bit above their status. Just make sure you don't become a typical UVA fan and completely disappear when they string together a few losses.

They have a tough schedule ahead. saying a team may get 5 or 6 losses in ACC conference play should not be considered an insult to those with fragile egos. :suds:

And I was giving my opinion about you. UVa must not be playing too much above what the experts think they are capable of, considering the fact that they are favored in every game from here on out. I find it hilarious that you have been here for about a month and already calling someone out for possibly disappearing.

Son, I've got 10,000 posts in about 4.5 years. That's about 6 posts everyday. Does it really look like I'm going anywhere?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bend_The_Rim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I was giving my opinion about you. UVa must not be playing too much above what the experts think they are capable of, considering the fact that they are favored in every game from here on out. I find it hilarious that you have been here for about a month and already calling someone out for possibly disappearing.

Son, I've got 10,000 posts in about 4.5 years. That's about 6 posts everyday. Does it really look like I'm going anywhere?

Don't be a drama queen. I wasn't speaking to you specifically; it was a generalization. The same type of absurd statement you made about all VCU fans. Yes, you have 10k posts in 4.5 years. Congratulations! If you're going to get your panties all in a twist on a message board, try not to sling insults at people. Otherwise, keep posting. I'm sure everything you say is delightful and just as relevant as your above rebuttal. I'm on pins and needles here, jeffro. We are going to be...good friends. :lol:

I can tell. :suds:

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JFC, I can tell this guy won't be around long.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be a drama queen. I wasn't speaking to you specifically; it was a generalization. The same type of absurd statement you made about all VCU fans. Yes, you have 10k posts in 4.5 years. Congratulations! If you're going to get your panties all in a twist on a message board, try not to sling insults at people. Otherwise, keep posting. I'm sure everything you say is delightful and just as relevant as your above rebuttal. I'm on pins and needles here, jeffro. We are going to be...good friends. :lol:

I can tell. :suds:

Let's face it guy, you hate that UVa is having success. Take a look at what you posted 12/21/14.
http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/6073233-post5.html
You may be correct. While I don't follow Virginia that closely, I do follow the ACC. It's just difficult to tell how good some of these teams are with their early tune-up type schedules. UVA going into the Siegel center and beating a young, but underrated VCU squad was certainly impressive. However, even VCU at the time was looking a bit inconsistent. UVA also beat a Maryland squad without one of their best players, so...like I said, it can be tough to gauge the quality of some teams early in the season.

UVa's OOC schedule ranks 16th in the country. No one with even the least bit of CBB knowledge would call that a "tune-up" schedule.

We'll know more about UVA over the next 4 games. Davidson is strong and a bit of a rivalry game. @Miami, NC state and @ND will be very tough. I wouldn't be shocked if they dropped 1 or 2 of those contests. I certainly see them losing @ND.

UVa went 4-0 over these 4 games, yet you still can't give them the respect they deserve.

While I now think they are likely a top 10 team nationally, I still don't quite see them as a top 5 squad. I see some of the better offensive squads in the country overcoming their stifling defense. I don't see UVA having the offensive firepower to keep up with teams that have the ability to overcome their defense.
Notre Dame is currently the 6th best scoring offense. UVa held them to 56 points, their lowest output of the season, on Notre Dame's home court.
VCU is currently the 31st best scoring offense. UVa held them to 57 points, their 2nd lowest output of the season, on VCU's home court.

Bend_The_Rim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's face it guy, you hate that UVa is having success. Take a look at what you posted 12/21/14.
http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/6073233-post5.html

UVa's OOC schedule ranks 16th in the country. No one with even the least bit of CBB knowledge would call that a "tune-up" schedule.

UVa went 4-0 over these 4 games, yet you still can't give them the respect they deserve.

Notre Dame is currently the 6th best scoring offense. UVa held them to 56 points, their lowest output of the season, on Notre Dame's home court.
VCU is currently the 31st best scoring offense. UVa held them to 57 points, their 2nd lowest output of the season, on VCU's home court.

So you're under the impression that I do not like UVA? Simply because someone enjoys talking basketball and doesn't crap out rose peddles when referring to your favorite squad, doesn't mean they do not enjoy watching them succeed. Go ahead, quote a few more things I have said in an attempt to validate your hostility for anyone that doesn't constantly speak of your beloved team in glowing terms.

It's hilarious as you are way of base. I have zero disdain for UVA. I just don't see them being quite as good as their record suggests.

Hey, continue to piss and moan if it makes you feel better. It's hilarious.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're under the impression that I do not like UVA? Simply because someone enjoys talking basketball and doesn't crap out rose peddles when referring to your favorite squad, doesn't mean they do not enjoy watching them succeed. Go ahead, quote a few more things I have said in an attempt to validate your hostility for anyone that doesn't constantly speak of your beloved team in glowing terms.

It's hilarious as you are way of base. I have zero disdain for UVA. I just don't see them being quite as good as their record suggests.

Hey, continue to piss and moan if it makes you feel better. It's hilarious.

I think the issue Jeffro is having is that you are showing absolutely zero objectivity and basically banking on eventually being right, to say "I told you so" even if it means being wrong 10 times prior.

Virginia did not lose any of those 4 games that you saw them losing 1-2 of(forsure at ND), Virginia has not lost a game all year. You keep saying you see them dropping a bunch of games but its a completely subjective notion. They have shown nothing other than being a top 3 team in the country this year.

They play unreal defense and this year, they have the offensive efficiency to back it up as well.

You cannot even begin to at this point formulate why they are not a top 5 team(heck probably even top 3).

That is why you are being called a hater.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is looking good. They will be one to be reckoned with come march.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good point.

FWIW, the lack of disrespect comment was mainly referencing internet fans of other programs.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't pretty, but the Hoos come through in the end.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all the fuss ESPN has made about Coach K's upcoming 1,000th victory (and rightfully so, it is a very impressive feat), it is very likely that Coach K picks up that milestone victory in a game televised by FOX.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke evidently brought their A game today. A road win is special. In the yum center, it's something special.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke evidently brought their A game today. A road win is special. In the yum center, it's something special.

Duke played great today and Louisville missed everything from outside....much like what Syracuse is doing now.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...SU got exposed in a big way.

btw...how'd the UF/GA game go?