• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a pretty interesting situation there. They have a lot of returning minutes. Maybe they were really a one man show.

Crawford averaged 16 PPG/5.5 APG last year and Collins' usage rate was nowhere near as high as it should have been. Wake last year was absolutely not a one man show.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU has no proven players with mid-range game. 5* frosh MJ Walker will have to supply that. That's what'll be missed the most from Bacon, XRM and Isaac.

But FSU has many players that can slash to the basket like nobody's business.

brandonk989

Hoopla Cash
$ 965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU has no proven players with mid-range game. 5* frosh MJ Walker will have to supply that. That's what'll be missed the most from Bacon, XRM and Isaac.

But FSU has many players that can slash to the basket like nobody's business.

22 for MJ Walker off the bench last night against Colorado State. Terrance Mann dropped 20 of his own. Really think these 2 guys are going to have to be your consistent scorers while getting big games here and there from guys like CJ Walker, Rodas, and Savoy.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didnt really follow his return to his alma mater that much but what was the consensus on that move here.....

Essentially the Pitt fan base wanted him gone, according to reports, because they weren't satisfied making the tournament 10 out of 12 times or whatever it was under him. Little did they realize, it was Pitt, and based on historical achievement the fan base should have been thrilled with that kind of success. TCU has largely been irrelevant this century, having made one NIT appearance prior to last season with Dixon taking them to it, and winning it. Honestly was a home run hire for TCU. They should make the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 1998.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Essentially the Pitt fan base wanted him gone, according to reports, because they weren't satisfied making the tournament 10 out of 12 times or whatever it was under him. Little did they realize, it was Pitt, and based on historical achievement the fan base should have been thrilled with that kind of success. TCU has largely been irrelevant this century, having made one NIT appearance prior to last season with Dixon taking them to it, and winning it. Honestly was a home run hire for TCU. They should make the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 1998.
I didn't. I remember back in the day when they rarely made any tourney until the Paul Evans era began and they started to win regularly. Yes, I would've liked to see Dixon's teams go further in the tourney but I know what a good job he did attracting the kind of talent that plays his game and coaching them up. The part of the fan base that wanted him gone is now seeing how stupid they were. They should've remembered the pre Paul Evans and Big East days when Pitt basketball was rarely relevant. I know they had some success under Chapman but Evans took them to the next level IMO.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference between Pitt and Wake right now is that Wake has the talent to get better, Pitt doesn't. Stallings has ran off some pretty decent players, and his recruiting has been subpar. I feel for Pitt fans.

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I think we can officially say they've dug themselves into a pretty deep pitt.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never expected UVa to play this well this early. They look like they haven't missed a step with Perrantes gone. I'm sure there will be some pains along the way, but I am thrilled with how well they have played thus far.

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never expected UVa to play this well this early. They look like they haven't missed a step with Perrantes gone. I'm sure there will be some pains along the way, but I am thrilled with how well they have played thus far.

you guys definitely have been impressive.

The ACC looks very very good this year. It's going to be a fight week in and week out

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I think we can officially say they've dug themselves into a pretty deep pitt.

and come on, i was leaving the other obvious groan-worthy pun for somebody else to make...

i guess i'll just have to make it myself

"and their engine is stallings"

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Manning just signed a contract extension through 2025

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin Bagley III was ACC _______ of the week. Just fill in the blank since he did it all anyway.