• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC isn't quite living up to the hype

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is the worst conference stuff.
Exactly. The champ doesn't have to come from the best or worst, they just have to win those last 6.

I think the conference talk is for fans of the teams that don't make the tourney to whine about being shut out when they played in a tough conference and weren't rewarded for it, or the teams that finished in the bottom part of the conference to lament what would be if they played in a weaker conference.

Honestly, if it weren't for internet message boards and the crap spewed on ESPN, nobody would give a damn about it. Heck, I bet some of the posters here couldn't care less if the other teams in their conference lost by 80 in a game, as long as their team advances.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ACC is a football conference now anyways.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ACC is a football conference now anyways.
Actually, the ACC, just like the B1G, SEC, Pac12, Big12, Big East, and the rest of them are money grubbing organizations, and we can't forget about the biggest money grubbing scumbag organization of them all....the NCAA

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ditto for FSU... I wish there were some way that we could keep Hamilton as a recruiter and find an actual coach... I mean seriously. We pretty much packed it in before the game it sounds like, "Oh welp, shit!!! Xavier plays a mean 2-3 zone, we're f**ked!!! Better hope we make our 3's...".

I mean we essentially let the opposing team tell us how we were going to play before the game even began.
Our problem is is that nobody really wants to be step up and be a leader on the team. London was it by default this year but I worry about who's going to step up next year since nobody was stepping up during games he was struggling.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke sucked. I cannot speak for the other teams that sucked.

Yeah, they did. Kennard was god awful the other night... Sucks but what can you do

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. The champ doesn't have to come from the best or worst, they just have to win those last 6.

I think the conference talk is for fans of the teams that don't make the tourney to whine about being shut out when they played in a tough conference and weren't rewarded for it, or the teams that finished in the bottom part of the conference to lament what would be if they played in a weaker conference.

Honestly, if it weren't for internet message boards and the crap spewed on ESPN, nobody would give a damn about it. Heck, I bet some of the posters here couldn't care less if the other teams in their conference lost by 80 in a game, as long as their team advances.
It is largely an espn and other network thing for me. On the selection shows they were talking up every acc team as though they were under seeded (ie Duke) and how those teams would go deep into the tournament. Hell.. Seth Greenberg talked up Wisconsin after they beat Villanova and then immediately said in a weird defeated tone that they wouldn't beat duke. How weird is that to not only say they wouldn't be able to beat a team after they just beat the top overall seed but to say that when Wisconsin would need to win another game and duke was still two wins away from that matchup even happening?

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is largely an espn and other network thing for me. On the selection shows they were talking up every acc team as though they were under seeded (ie Duke) and how those teams would go deep into the tournament. Hell.. Seth Greenberg talked up Wisconsin after they beat Villanova and then immediately said in a weird defeated tone that they wouldn't beat duke. How weird is that to not only say they wouldn't be able to beat a team after they just beat the top overall seed but to say that when Wisconsin would need to win another game and duke was still two wins away from that matchup even happening?

And Seth Greenberg has never won but once an NCAA game because none of his teams were usually ever good enough to get into the tournament and win once. But get this, he was 2005 and 2008 ACC Coach of the Year.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't you mean Seth Davis?