• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 70's & 80's NFL Draft Play-In 4 : Shane vs Devil

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SHANE

OFFENSE 70's
QB - Joe Montana
RB - Ottis Anderson
FB - William Andrews
WR - Drew Pearson
WR - Stanley Morgan
WR - Drew Hill
TE - Ozzie Newsome
LT - Leon Gray
LG - Bob Kuechenberg
C - Jim Langer
RG - Ed Newman
RT - Jackie Slater

DEFENSE 80's
LDE - Charles Mann
LDT - Steve McMichael
RDT - Keith Millard
RDE - Richard Dent
LLB - Carl Banks
MLB - Hardy Nickerson
RLB - Seth Joyner
LCB - Mark Haynes
RCB - Darrell Green
NCB - Eric Wright
SS - Kenny Easley
FS - Thomas Everett

VS

DEVIL

OFFENSE 70's
QB - Ken Stabler
RB - Lydell Mitchell
FB - Franco Harris
WR - Cliff Branch
WR - John Stallworth
WR - Lynn Swann
TE - Dwight Clark
LT - Stan Walters
LG - Kent Hill
C - Dave Dalby
RG - Randy Cross
RT - Henry Lawrence

DEFENSE 80's
LDE - Howie Long
NT - Michael Carter
RDE - Bruce Smith
LOLB - Kevin Greene
LILB - Chris Spielman
RILB - Karl Mecklenburg
ROLB - Lawrence Taylor
LCB - Kevin Ross
RCB - James Hasty
NCB - Ray Crockett
SS - David Fulcher
FS - Eugene Robnson

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SHANE - 4
DEVIL - 6

VOTED - Shane, Devil, TJL, Femur, Meebs, UK, Nos, 500, WLK, Ritz

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Devil's front 7 but I just dont think it is a good matchup against my offensive scheme. I have Newsome who is a threat for his LB's but he can also block, if I need to I can use 7 blockers to protect the best QB of all-time. Both of my threats coming out of the backfield are great receiving options as well, Anderson and Andrews. I think my weapons on offense can handle his secondary, which is the weak part of his defense. I also think my defensive line has an advantage on his offensive line, which is not the strongest part of his offense. My defense is set up pretty perfect against his 2 back system IMO. My LB's are good covering LB's. I think I win this one. Great team Devil.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The heart of my team is the 3-4 defense. Michael Carter was a key member of the niners defense.He excelled at taking up two blockers off the line.While racking up 3 prow bowls,3 1st team all pros and three Super Bowl titles.WIth Smith and Long Rushing off the edges.And LT and Green attacking the QB and passing lanes from OLB..Combined with physical bump and run lock down corners. It would be very difficult for any QB with the pocket collapsing fast.With Mecklenburg and Speilman slotted at ILB.Running will be very difficult both between the tackles or on the outside.And both are very skilled in pass coverage. With Robinson and Fulcher at safety its even harder to establish a running or passing game.With all that pressure up front

The offense is sparked by Franco Harris.One of the most versatile FB/RB’s to play the game.His combination of running the ball,receiving and blocking.To compliment an Oline with a lot of pro bowls,all pros and Super Bowl champions. Thats very skilled at both run and pass blocking.at a high level. Paired with his old Penn State team mate Lydell Mitchell. Who adds diversity with another back that can run the ball with speed.And adds to the passing game as another top tier receiving RB.Providing a combo that delivers a lot of all purpose yards out of the backfield.Keeps teams honest by having to watch the run.While allowing Stabler time and a release valve to check down to.Stallworth and Swann are both dynamic reviewers that will stretch the field. While t TE Clark will challenging the middle of the field and Safeties. While Cliff Branch works the slot causing several mismatches with his speed and skill. With the balance and mismatches making an already elite QB in Stabler.That much more dangerous..With a very potent offense

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Devil's front 7 but I just dont think it is a good matchup against my offensive scheme. I have Newsome who is a threat for his LB's but he can also block, if I need to I can use 7 blockers to protect the best QB of all-time. Both of my threats coming out of the backfield are great receiving options as well, Anderson and Andrews. I think my weapons on offense can handle his secondary, which is the weak part of his defense. I also think my defensive line has an advantage on his offensive line, which is not the strongest part of his offense. My defense is set up pretty perfect against his 2 back system IMO. My LB's are good covering LB's. I think I win this one. Great team Devil.
Or the cliff notes :dhd:

The key to my team winning starts with its coach. With my head coach Robinson Cano leading the charge my team will be on their game .And Micheal Jordan in a rocking chair as my OC and DC. My defense will be hostile and my offense productive.. Or be subject to post game drills with TJL. I also think I have an edge.Because I have inside information @Nosferatu :whistle: That shane has been feeding his team mashed potato bites with mayonnaise which is never a good idea

cano_commercial_4_med_bg4gej03.gif

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still looking over the matchup between these 2 great teams. Now heading to Fire House Sub and fried mayo balls.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vote doesn't count but Shane.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiting for subs and after looking more I have a very slight lean towards Devil. Very close matchup.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver and Phoenix are talking trade.......

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mudiay and #13 for Bledsoe.....do it, Denver.