• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 5 Worst Contracts in the NBA by Position

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Turner is the most overpaid player in the league. How he got what he got still amazes me. He's never been good, ever, not one single year in his career. I have no idea why Crabbe doesn't start in place of him. Dame, CJ and Crabbe is a heck of a trio.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Turner is the most overpaid player in the league. How he got what he got still amazes me. He's never been good, ever, not one single year in his career. I have no idea why Crabbe doesn't start in place of him. Dame, CJ and Crabbe is a heck of a trio.

Overpaid but not a bad player. He is a perfect fit for a team needing offense from the bench. He can ISO and will take the tough shot. IMO his issue is a horrible 3 and not quick enough feet on d. He is a Paul Pierce like but at 70% the speed, which says alot

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overpaid but not a bad player. He is a perfect fit for a team needing offense from the bench. He can ISO and will take the tough shot. IMO his issue is a horrible 3 and not quick enough feet on d. He is a Paul Pierce like but at 70% the speed, which says alot

Other than the fact he can't shoot. I guess I'm just salty because we wasted the #2 overall pick on him in 2010. He's not really good at anything IMO. I guess he can be a good defensive player at times, with his length, but there's a reason why he has a negative WOS for his career. Which honestly has to be hard to do.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like you got a keeper in L Ball...............

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a big contract, yes... but I will say that Horford is one good example of a player where stat's don't do him full justice...

His decision making and assist numbers are top notch for a NBA big man... in today's modern, team offense... a guy like Horford has great value.

I love his value on offense to the Celtics. That being said it's his rebounding which has always been a problem for him. For a team starved for rebounding, averaging 6.8 rebounds in 32 minutes a game at the center position will just not cut it. I could see if those numbers were down because of maybe like an elite rebounding PF next to him, but the Celtics next best rebounder was Avery Bradley at 6.1 a game as a 6'2" shooting guard.

If the Celtics want to compete for a championship, they're going to need the center they're paying 28M a year to be better than that. IMO.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love his value on offense to the Celtics. That being said it's his rebounding which has always been a problem for him. For a team starved for rebounding, averaging 6.8 rebounds in 32 minutes a game at the center position will just not cut it. I could see if those numbers were down because of maybe like an elite rebounding PF next to him, but the Celtics next best rebounder was Avery Bradley at 6.1 a game as a 6'2" shooting guard.

If the Celtics want to compete for a championship, they're going to need the center they're paying 28M a year to be better than that. IMO.
Yea... he's a sub-par rebounder, no doubt.

Horford isn't gonna change his stripes in that department at this stage in his career. If the C's hope for improvement on this front... it will have to come from their increase in length at the wing position and from new additions such as Baynes and Zizic.

Baynes, at least, is a proven rebounder coming off the bench.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it has been noted before, most of this is due to the salary cap spike and inaccurate projections.

All teams had to spend crazy because the cap jumped up so high.....the market was forced into silliness.
But, the market was supposed to go up again for the next 2 years.

The GMS have to operate within the numbers the league offers to them.
The league estimates were way off. The money actually tightened and got worse.

It doesnt totally excuse some of these contracts, but it put things a little better in context.
The league accountants and finance people need to be fired for such idiotic predictions to their member franchises.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like you got a keeper in L Ball...............

Agree. He'll have his tough moments, especially when Curry, Harden, Westbrook, Lillard and CP3 get their shots at him. But I think he'll learn from that and end up being pretty darn good.