• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 5 most underrated college football programs in the entire world

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And everyone gives all the respect in the world to those programs. Hell every single year for the past 20 years is the year that Tennessee is going to come back and take over the SEC East. How they hell are they under rated?

I never said they were under-rated; just pointed out that their winning percentage was higher. Like I said in my post, above, I think Washington is the only school from the original article that deserves to be on the list. Florida St. is usually over-rated, Georgia is about where they should be. The next two teams that might fit the under-rated category would probably be West Virginia & Virginia Tech; but you could also make a case for Wisconsin.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an interesting list, but rather flawed.

Washington probably does not get quite as much acclaim as they are due, but they still get some love. The Huskies may be the only team on this list can can really be called under-rated.

See this guy get's it!

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an interesting list, but rather flawed.

First off, Michigan St. is 27th, not 21st, in winning percentage; and up until a few years before they joined the Big 10, they were not even considered a major college.

Second, Pittsburgh's winning percentage ranks 45th, not 38th, so they should be nothing more than an afterthought for these rankings.

And, just for the record: LSU is 14th, not 13th; Washington is 21st, not 17th; and Auburn is 19th instead of 15th.

Auburn still gets a good bit of respect in the polls, so I wouldn't consider them under-rated. I'd say the same pretty much holds true for Michigan St. And, up until a couple of years ago, so did LSU; but their current lack of respect is due to recent performance.

Washington probably does not get quite as much acclaim as they are due, but they still get some love. The Huskies may be the only team on this list can can really be called under-rated.
The issue with recent history on Washington is their last legitimate bowl win over a P5 school was 2010 and Nebraska. Can you tell me the last time they had a big monumental win? They have thrived the last two seasons with paper thin OOC opponents. They get one legit opponent this year that will really test what they are made of.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue with recent history on Washington is their last legitimate bowl win over a P5 school was 2010 and Nebraska. Can you tell me the last time they had a big monumental win? They have thrived the last two seasons with paper thin OOC opponents. They get one legit opponent this year that will really test what they are made of.
I get all the hate for the Pac, but Stanford is legit, Utah is horrible to play on the road, Oregon has a top flight QB and UW plays them in their house as a rival game after spanking them the last two years, and of course if you want to throw out every other game there's the CCG against someone likely to have a pulse.

It's never THAT easy.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One legit opponent? gtfo

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One legit opponent? gtfo
I mean it's because of the perception of the Pac overall being down, but it's not like we are the other UW. Wisky has another crap schedule.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean it's because of the perception of the Pac overall being down, but it's not like we are the other UW. Wisky has another crap schedule.
It's the east coast media brainwashing these fvks.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get all the hate for the Pac, but Stanford is legit, Utah is horrible to play on the road, Oregon has a top flight QB and UW plays them in their house as a rival game after spanking them the last two years, and of course if you want to throw out every other game there's the CCG against someone likely to have a pulse.

It's never THAT easy.
Talking up Oregon and Utah is like talking up Purdue and Northwestern. You played Colorado in your CCG. A team that was never good in the PAC before that and they went 5-7 last year and 2-7 in conference.

You lost to Stanford last year which is why you got left out of the CCG last year. In 2016 Stanford was a legit win.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the east coast media brainwashing these fvks.
I think any ranking numbers out now are completely shit, but for the sake of discussion if you go by ESPN's crap FPI matrix they have just 4 teams in their top 20 power index with easier schedules: Georgia, Wisky, Miami, and Okie light.

Still UW has a much improved schedule over the last few years for sure.

ESPN Football Power Index - 2018 - ESPN

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely Wisconsin has a shit show schedule and you will never see anyone defend it.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking up Oregon and Utah is like talking up Purdue and Northwestern. You played Colorado in your CCG. A team that was never good in the PAC before that and they went 5-7 last year and 2-7 in conference.

You lost to Stanford last year which is why you got left out of the CCG last year. In 2016 Stanford was a legit win.
Utah was good enough to pump Michigan two years in a row and Oregon went toe to toe with Michigan St. not to mention Stanford is nobody's pushover.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you do rivalries son? :noidea:

Oregon owned UW for like 11 or 12 straight years and rubbed it in hard. It's really all they had when their natty platters kept getting lost in the mail. After two straight embarrassing years you can bet that game is already circled as their super bowl and it's in Autzen which is a challenging place to play if the crowd is into the game at all.

And Utah has just been a real bitch. It's not a team UW matches up with very well at all. They play them in week 3 on the road. The last two years UW needed a bad mismanagement by the Utah coaching staff to allow a late game miracle comeback win and the year before a punt return for TD by Pettis.

And lol at claiming Stanford won't be a challenge, but then point out we lost to them last year. :L ffs, which is it? Of course they will test them. UW's Bye doesn't come until after that game, 10 straight weeks of football with no chance to heal up and face an always tough defense. It's a test in anyone's book.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's never THAT easy.
Washington might end up having a much more difficult schedule than thought. Or an easier one.

I don't think the quality of a schedule can be determined until the season plays out. Some of the opponents perceived as tough end up shitty and some perceived to be cakewalks end up being good!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington might end up having a much more difficult schedule than thought. Or an easier one.

I don't think the quality of a schedule can be determined until the season plays out. Some of the opponents perceived as tough end up shitty and some perceived to be cakewalks end up being good!
But I say this every year and it's always true. Champions from the Pac almost never come out without a conference loss. These teams all know each other. That's how conferences work. Petersen won't surprise anyone outside of an odd trick play here and there and EVERY team they see will be gunning hard for them. I never pick UW to go undefeated and would be surprised if they did. It just doesn't happen.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah was good enough to pump Michigan two years in a row and Oregon went toe to toe with Michigan St. not to mention Stanford is nobody's pushover.
Seriously, that Michigan team was surviving on a trash schedule and was over rated because of Harbaugh. That Oregon team from 2014 and 2015 is nothing like this team. The wheels fell off in 16 and went 4-8, not exactly something I would chalk up to as a “quality win” and they went 7-6 last year. I guess I should be pimping up how awesome Purdue is since they also went 7-6 last year. Toot toot.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, that Michigan team was surviving on a trash schedule and was over rated because of Harbaugh. That Oregon team from 2014 and 2015 is nothing like this team. The wheels fell off in 16 and went 4-8, not exactly something I would chalk up to as a “quality win” and they went 7-6 last year. I guess I should be pimping up how awesome Purdue is since they also went 7-6 last year. Toot toot.
I wonder how MSU would match up against Stanford. I don't see a blowout by either team.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you do rivalries son? :noidea:

Oregon owned UW for like 11 or 12 straight years and rubbed it in hard. It's really all they had when their natty platters kept getting lost in the mail. After two straight embarrassing years you can bet that game is already circled as their super bowl and it's in Autzen which is a challenging place to play if the crowd is into the game at all.

And Utah has just been a real bitch. It's not a team UW matches up with very well at all. They play them in week 3 on the road. The last two years UW needed a bad mismanagement by the Utah coaching staff to allow a late game miracle comeback win and the year before a punt return for TD by Pettis.

And lol at claiming Stanford won't be a challenge, but then point out we lost to them last year. :L ffs, which is it? Of course they will test them. UW's Bye doesn't come until after that game, 10 straight weeks of football with no chance to heal up and face an always tough defense. It's a test in anyone's book.
So you are complaining that I said that Stanford was a legit win? I was giving you credit.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, the only reason to bring up Utah is their recent play against UW. Their defense is built to limit what UW does well. Their offense normally isn't much to talk about, but strange things happen every damned time we play them.

Now if Purdue is requiring you to have late game heroics every time you play them, then by all means claim it's a challenge.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are complaining that I said that Stanford was a legit win? I was giving you credit.
Sorry, I thought you were still saying Auburn is their only 'test'.

:suds:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how MSU would match up against Stanford. I don't see a blowout by either team.
Michigan Atate should be better next year but it’s hard not to improve based on how dear God awful thought offense was last year and the defense was every bit of mediocre.