• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 4 draft picks.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am at work and board as shit...so I thought I would check these guys Out.

Derek Rivers:

I'll wait to judging him. He looked good vs D2 teams. Watch the game tape vs West Virgina and he got destroyed.

Antonio Garcia:

Damn...Love, love this tape vs #2 ranked Clemson. Wow did he hold his own. No pressure form his side at all and Troy's QB was under pressure all day. Quick feet, strong. A yr under Scar and this kid could be legit.

Deatrich Wise Jr:

Not bad. Had some work to do, but you know NE loves these guys. Can play both sides. Seems to get off the line quick and when he does, he seems very strong. Took some bad angels at times, didn't stay home at times. Seems to have decent speed. This game was vs Texas A&M. Not sure, but it looked like he has a cast on his right hand.

This is vs LSU in 2015. MUCH, much different player. If this is the guy who shows up in NE, I'll be happy.

Deatrich Wise Jr Vs LSU(2015)

Conor McDermott:

Not bad. Nothing special. Big, strong guy who can seem to hold his own. Didn't give up many QB pressures. Prob challenge Fleming and Waddle for the last OL spot.

Conor McDermott vs USC 2016

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good break down. Just a quick note on Antonio Garcia. He dropped quite a bit in this draft as I guess his coaches were telling teams that they were celebrating him leaving the program. He didn't take to coaching well and was becoming a bit of a cancer in the lockerroom. Obviously Billy won't stand for that so will be interesting to see how that all plays out. Still a good player obviously especially in the pass blocking department so if he can get his head on straight and get in line with the program he could be a nice steal.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good break down. Just a quick note on Antonio Garcia. He dropped quite a bit in this draft as I guess his coaches were telling teams that they were celebrating him leaving the program. He didn't take to coaching well and was becoming a bit of a cancer in the lockerroom. Obviously Billy won't stand for that so will be interesting to see how that all plays out. Still a good player obviously especially in the pass blocking department so if he can get his head on straight and get in line with the program he could be a nice steal.

Really?? WOW. That won't last here, forget BB, he'll have to deal with Scar and that can be worse than BB. LOL. I guess NE had him in a few times, and then had him work out with Scar, so let's hope for the best. If he does have an attitude, he is in the wrong place for that.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?? WOW. That won't last here, forget BB, he'll have to deal with Scar and that can be worse than BB. LOL. I guess NE had him in a few times, and then had him work out with Scar, so let's hope for the best. If he does have an attitude, he is in the wrong place for that.

But he would be in a really good place to get turned around quickly (or turned away quickly)

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But he would be in a really good place to get turned around quickly (or turned away quickly)

I am having some issues believing this, why was this not talked about in the predarft grading by all the "EXPERTS"? Seems odd it would come now. "A tinge of doubt crosses my mind"

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garcia's biggest problem was that he started the season at 308 lbs. He finished his final game at 280 lbs. He tried everything to keep weight on but just couldn't do it and would not take any Steroid or HGH injections. That was the problem, that he wouldn't take the injections from the college trainers. The day after he was drafted by the Patriots, he was at Gillette interviewing with the team nutritionist and team training staff. With proper diet and exercise the Patriots expect to have him somewhere between 312-315 lbs by training camp. The don't expect him to lose more than 8lbs between games due to water and fat loss.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garcia's biggest problem was that he started the season at 308 lbs. He finished his final game at 280 lbs. He tried everything to keep weight on but just couldn't do it and would not take any Steroid or HGH injections. That was the problem, that he wouldn't take the injections from the college trainers. The day after he was drafted by the Patriots, he was at Gillette interviewing with the team nutritionist and team training staff. With proper diet and exercise the Patriots expect to have him somewhere between 312-315 lbs by training camp. The don't expect him to lose more than 8lbs between games due to water and fat loss.
So because he stood his ground for what was right no Steroids etc he was a locker room issue or uncoachable? I think the trainers and nutritionist at Troy were lost on what to do to ensure he maintained weight. 310 to 320 would be ideal for him. What a shame that if true it was presented as him being the problem.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If dropped because he refused shots, then awesome for NE. Imagine where he would have went if he maintained the weight, took the shots. I am confident that these trainers and nutritionist will keep him feed. Gonna go with the Patriots staff over Troys at this point.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am having some issues believing this, why was this not talked about in the predarft grading by all the "EXPERTS"? Seems odd it would come now. "A tinge of doubt crosses my mind"

Well because not every piece of information that teams know do the "experts" actually know. I would hope that teams know more than us as fans about prospects. The only way I found out about this was a source I have with the Broncos told me the information a while before the draft and said while most of the "experts" will have him 2nd round there are a lot of teams that don't have him until the 3rd day of the draft type prospect.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a little interesting information..........

I told you earlier about the Patriots War Room (Nick Caserio's Office) and the two big boards.
The Concensus Board where the top 250-300 players are "ranked".
The Rated Board on the other side of the table where Caserio and Belichick put the top 50 players in their estimation.

I was told that all four of the Patriots' draft picks were in their Rated Board top 20.

I don't know if any of you subscribe to Patriots Football Weekly. a weekly paper put out by the New England Patriots that pretty much covers everything about the Patriots whether it's in the news or not. A very interesting thing about the issue the week before the draft....................The Patriots' first pick, Derek Rivers was on the cover of PFW. He was rated in the top 3 of the Bill and Nick's Rated Board.

It's anticipated that Rivers and Garcia will play in 50%+ of plays this season and both will be starters by Week 11.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a little interesting information..........

I told you earlier about the Patriots War Room (Nick Caserio's Office) and the two big boards.
The Concensus Board where the top 250-300 players are "ranked".
The Rated Board on the other side of the table where Caserio and Belichick put the top 50 players in their estimation.

I was told that all four of the Patriots' draft picks were in their Rated Board top 20.

I don't know if any of you subscribe to Patriots Football Weekly. a weekly paper put out by the New England Patriots that pretty much covers everything about the Patriots whether it's in the news or not. A very interesting thing about the issue the week before the draft....................The Patriots' first pick, Derek Rivers was on the cover of PFW. He was rated in the top 3 of the Bill and Nick's Rated Board.

It's anticipated that Rivers and Garcia will play in 50%+ of plays this season and both will be starters by Week 11.

WOW Garcia over Solder?? That would be interesting....

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are all the Pats picks signed??

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, I think we are still waiting on our 1st and 2nd rd picks to sign......

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garcia just signed, Rivers has not signed