• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2nd third of the season

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really thought the Reds might win last night with Feldman pitching. But instead The Reds almost get shut out.

I don't have much faith in winning today with Garrett going, He hasn't been able to get anybody out since he came back from the minors.

I should be used to this by now , but it's still frustrating to get beat up like this on the west coast Then they come home for 3 against Dodgers and right back on the road for 6 or 7 games against the Rays and Nationals, and a makeup game against the Cards. They could be lost deep in last place, by the time this is over

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0-8 going on 0-9 for a coast trip is inexcusable. For my guarded optimism of Price earlier on, I'd say he is proven to be very mediocre. I think the excuses for having bad pitchers has worn off. These guys are getting hammered.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Reds have 2 starters that might keep them in the game through 5 innings. 1 that will pitch 5 or 6 and give up 5-10 runs, one that can't go 3 innings, and one that it's to early to tell what he will do. The bullpen is starting to show cracks. The offense has went south on this road trip, along with the defense.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Garrett is showing he has a pulse today. Not holding my breath on this lead though...

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see if some home cooking tastes better than west coast stew. That menu was enough to make a fan sick.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0-8 going on 0-9 for a coast trip is inexcusable. For my guarded optimism of Price earlier on, I'd say he is proven to be very mediocre. I think the excuses for having bad pitchers has worn off. These guys are getting hammered.

I'm not a big fan of Bryan Price. It's not as much the moves he makes, but often the move he doesn't make.

The loyalty to non-performing players that he likes on a personal level is the biggest issue I have with him as a manager.

If nurturing the developing young pitching staff was the reason he was hired, then he's overstayed his welcome. There's very little evidence that he's has a positive impact on the rebuilding of this pitching staff.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a big fan of Bryan Price. It's not as much the moves he makes, but often the move he doesn't make.

The loyalty to non-performing players that he likes on a personal level is the biggest issue I have with him as a manager.

If nurturing the developing young pitching staff was the reason he was hired, then he's overstayed his welcome. There's very little evidence that he's has a positive impact on the rebuilding of this pitching staff.
I suppose the yarn that got spun about why Bronson was signed was legit at the moment but it was hardly anything I ever believed was practical strategy. The Reds could have signed a dozen other veterans who could have given them the "innings eater" bullshit line. The part about BA being a loyal Reds guy was a far larger pill of crap than any I've heard since he was quick to walk when he could.
Meanwhile the rotation has been set back to 2015 levels and the bullpen isn't far behind.
The hitting is good but hitting takes a day off here and there in places like San Diego and LA and SF.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be interesting to see who leaves the starting rotation when Finnegan and Bailey come back. Garrett having a good game the other day threw a wrench into my thinking. Wojo hasn't pitched enough to see what he can do, but regardless he'll probably go. Will anyone else go before Arroyo? I don't see how you can take Adleman or Feldman out. At least in this starting rotation. But then again, seeing that Aldeman is not in the "Reds plans for the future" He might go to the pen as a long reliever.

Not to be a downer, but keeping with the momentum. I see the Reds losing at least 2 out of 3 this weekend

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you stay with Adleman and Feldman for now, maybe send Garrett back to AAA for awhile. Finnegan, Homer, Addy, Feldy will be in there. Wojo really is a better long man than a starter, so who knows? I think Bronny gets a strange shoulder injury just about Tuesday afternoon.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reds sent Homer to Dayton just as the Dragons were in the middle of a playoff hunt. Nice work if you can swing it. Says the Dragons: Tankyavurrymush.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 loses in a row so far. The Dodgers seem to own the Reds. The top of the order is killing the Reds right now. If Cozart is hurt he needs to rest or go on the DL. Hamilton had a hit last night but he still looks clueless.

And never bring Storen in a close game.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the wheels fall off, there are lots of reasons.
Cozart's hitting was one of the bright spots that helped Hamilton's hitting AND Votto's numbers. If you get a guy in a slump, you stop scoring runs.
3 runs should not ever beat this team.
It does illustrate how an offense works. When the top guys are hitting, they tend to win a lot of the time.
LA is doing that. But they apparently are just good hitters.
Against this pitching, anybody will be good hitters.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be prepared for Bronny to go on the DL as I predicted. Monday evening will be the end of this embarrassing waste of energy.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Arroyo's considering retiring. but he could end up on the DL 1st.

With this road trip starting today. This could be a long losing streak. But I have noticed that The Reds hitters are hitting the ball hard. It just seems where ever they hit the ball someone is standing right there, or someone makes a great defensive play. The Reds aren't playing well, but they're not getting any breaks either.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signing Arroyo was a horrible strategy and basically giving him a spot on the roster for the reasons they gave -- even dumber. He "eats innings" and is a "great clubhouse presence." WTF. So was Jason fucking Marquis.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ah... Pretty speechless lol. Can't remember the last time we won a game.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arroyo and Cozart both go on the DL today. Sadly at least for Cozart, We may never see either in a Reds uniform again

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coz was automatic for the ASG so there might be something to that.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ah... Pretty speechless lol. Can't remember the last time we won a game.
I think they bludgeoned the Cardinals so if we never see another win this year, there was that to smile about.