• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 25 Richest College Football Programs

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there are any surprises near the top.

1. Texas
2. Tennessee
3. Alabama
4. Notre Dame
5. Michigan
6. Oklahoma
7. Auburn
8. Georgia
9. Ohio State
10. Louisiana State

I am surprised Clemson is not in the top 25, and I am surprised Texas Christian is.
This ^^ ... how in the world did a small Christian school make it but not a program like Clemson. That makes me wonder if this list is legit.

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16th in the country and 8th in the SEC, yay

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ^^ ... how in the world did a small Christian school make it but not a program like Clemson. That makes me wonder if this list is legit.

Them Horny Toads have a shit load of money, I tell ya.....

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They must put huge value on Peyton Mannings forehead.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently we are punching above our weight class in football....

i just don't know how we'll be able to hang with usc, washinton, n.d, oregon, and iowa... given the massive revenue differential
Jeez I don't know how. I'm just going to go on how Stanford fvked us out of two recruits last year ... one being a 5* and the other being a 4* when Stanford waved that degree in their face.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there are any surprises near the top.

1. Texas
2. Tennessee
3. Alabama
4. Notre Dame
5. Michigan
6. Oklahoma
7. Auburn
8. Georgia
9. Ohio State
10. Louisiana State

I am surprised Clemson is not in the top 25, and I am surprised Texas Christian is.

Pretty surprised that Tennessee is richer than Bama, and a bit surprised to not see either FSU or Florida in the top 10.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clemson fans are some of the most passionate in the country, they fill that stadium for every game, but they don't have a high number of overall fans. Really, outside of the upstate region of South Carolina, and a few scattered around in northeast Georgia(UGA and Clemson are only like 80 miles apart), there's not much of a national brand.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson is nouveau nouveau riche. Their star is rising, but they haven't had the perennial following of a lot of the other blue bloods, plus they share fandom with that other USC team.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently we are punching above our weight class in football....

i just don't know how we'll be able to hang with usc, washinton, n.d, oregon, and iowa... given the massive revenue differential
Stanford is running their football program the way ND should be running theirs. The advantage ND has, and for the foreseeable future, until the powers that be piss it all away, is the national following.

The mood among a lot of ND fans is sour going into this season. Expectations are low, and a lot of people that were calling for the AD's head and Kelly's head are dis-interested, since both are still around.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford is running their football program the way ND should be running theirs. The advantage ND has, and for the foreseeable future, until the powers that be piss it all away, is the national following.

The mood among a lot of ND fans is sour going into this season. Expectations are low, and a lot of people that were calling for the AD's head and Kelly's head are dis-interested, since both are still around.
Stanford's coaches are a bunch of motherfvkers when it comes to recruiting. Those pricks take the cream of the crop at the last minute .. in regards to the kids who want a Stanford degree that is.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford's coaches are a bunch of motherfvkers when it comes to recruiting. Those pricks take the cream of the crop at the last minute .. in regards to the kids who want a Stanford degree that is.
Negative recruiting abounds everywhere. Truth be told, the admissions standards to get into Stanford are actually higher than ND's. In a lot of cases, they may not know if the players clear admissions until late in the process. Of course, I've been told, once admitted, the course load is easier to handle than at ND. There are "safe" programs for players, whereas at ND, you're treated like a real student, no "underwater ballroom dancing for jocks" classes are offered to keep you eligible.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson is nouveau nouveau riche. Their star is rising, but they haven't had the perennial following of a lot of the other blue bloods, plus they share fandom with that other USC team.
I disagree. The Clemson fans that i have known are very loyal. Also, this last year was not their first national championship. So they may not have the number of great seasons that other ACC programs (such as FSU or Miami) have put together, but they have been players for a good long time.

When you talk about "nouveau riche" I think more like Oregon or TCU.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. The Clemson fans that i have known are very loyal. Also, this last year was not their first national championship. So they may not have the number of great seasons that other ACC programs (such as FSU or Miami) have put together, but they have been players for a good long time.

Oregon has Uncle Phill (Nike) and that's it. Take uncle Phil out of the picture and Oregon wouldn't have shit.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am aware they've won championships in the past. But they were dormant for a long time over the years. I think they are still a regional team though. No doubt their fans are fiercely devoted, but as far as getting a broader following, that's something that's relatively new.