• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2018 NFL Draft Thread

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Composite Big Board(top 32) of the Experts and Composite Big Board from /r/nfl_draft posters. If you click on the tabs at the bottom you can look at the individual big boards

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Someones gonna get a 7th round steal

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mon, 23 Apr 2018 14:27:03 -0700

Buffalo Bills general manager Brandon Beane is not expected to trade up to the No. 2 spot in the NFL Draft with the New Yory Gints, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport. Buffalo is more likely to trade up at pick five or six if they like a quarterback that is still available.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final 1st round Mock (probably)

Browns - QB Baker Mayfield
Best QB in the draft Browns GM comes to his senses he may be short but he's amazing under pressure, very accurate from the pocket and on the run. Knocks are height, didn't play against the best defenses, and tried running from the cops when he got pulled over.
NFL Comp Drew Brees
Giants - RB Saquon Barkley
They should take a QB here, but Barkley is a generational talent
NFL Comp Barry Sanders
Jets - QB Josh Rosen
Mayfield is their guy, but they new full well when they traded into this pick he might be gone Rosen is plan B HOF. He has a HOF worthy throw, but has a list of issues(not great under pressure, Cutler like personality, and concussion issues)
NFL Comp mesh of Warren Moon and Jay Cutler
Bills *TRADE* - QB Sam Darnold
Early favorite to go number 1 slips a little, but i still think he's worth trading up for. Strong arm that can make all the throws, good leader, decision making needs work, and no off the field issues.
NFL Comp Blake Bortles
Broncos - OG Quenton Nelson
Mauler guard with HOF potential probably the best talent in a loaded draft class
NFL comp Steve Hutchinson
Colts - DE Bradley Chubb
Relentless, Great against the pass and the run, always goes for the strip pretty much the prototype 43 DE
NFL Comp Julius Peppers
Buccaneers - FS Derwin James
Athletically gifted DB that can play CB or FS with work he could be something special
NFL Comp Quenton Jammer
Bears - LB Tremaine Edmunds
Stud LB that has all the physical traits, but lacks something in the mental game
NFL Comp Aaron Curry
49ers - CB Minkah Fitzpatrick
Another DB with the talent to play FS and Nickel. He's going to be a ballhawk
NFL Comp Tyran Mathieu
Cardinals *TRADE* - QB Josh Allen
Looks the part, cannon for an arm, good leadership traits, but is terrible under pressure and forces way to many throws, also he takes off running to quickly. If he doesn't get to sit and learn i think he'll bust hard
NFL Comp Jeff George
Dolphins - LB Roquan Smith
Browns *TRADE* - OT Mike McGlinchey
Redskins - DT Vita Vea
Packers - CB Denzel Ward
Raiders *TRADE* - DT Da'Ron Payne
Ravens - WR Calvin Ridley
Chargers - OT Connor Williams
Seahawks - OG Will Hernandez
Cowboys - LB Harold Landry
Lions - RB Derrius Guice(God i hope this doesn't happen)
Bengals - OL Isaiah Wynn
Browns *TRADE*- DT Taven Bryan
Patriots - QB Lamar Jackson
Panthers - CB Josh Jackson
Titans - LB Leighton Van Esch
Falcons - DT Harrison Phillips
Saints - QB Mason Rudolph
Steelers - LB Rashaan Evans
Jaguars - OT Kolton Miller
Vikings - CB Jaire Alexander
Patriots - DE Marcus Davenport
Eagles - OG Billy Price

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Best QB in the draft Browns GM comes to his senses he may be short but he's amazing under pressure, very accurate from the pocket and on the run. Knocks are height, didn't play against the best defenses, and tried running from the cops when he got pulled over.
NFL Comp Drew Brees
NFL Comp Barry Sanders
Jets - QB Josh Rosen
Mayfield is their guy, but they new full well when they traded into this pick he might be gone Rosen is plan B HOF. He has a HOF worthy throw, but has a list of issues(not great under pressure, Cutler like personality, and concussion issues)
Early favorite to go number 1 slips a little, but i still think he's worth trading up for. Strong arm that can make all the throws, good leader, decision making needs work, and no off the field issues.
NFL Comp Blake Bortles
Mauler guard with HOF potential probably the best talent in a loaded draft class
Colts - DE Bradley Chubb
Relentless, Great against the pass and the run, always goes for the strip pretty much the prototype 43 DE
NFL Comp Julius Peppers
Athletically gifted DB that can play CB or FS with work he could be something special
NFL Comp Quenton Jammer
Stud LB that has all the physical traits, but lacks something in the mental game
NFL Comp Aaron Curry
NFL Comp Tyran Mathieu
Looks the part, cannon for an arm, good leadership traits, but is terrible under pressure and forces way to many throws, also he takes off running to quickly. If he doesn't get to sit and learn i think he'll bust hard
NFL Comp Jeff George
Redskins - DT Vita Vea
Packers - CB Denzel Ward
Bengals - OL Isaiah Wynn
Eagles - OG Billy Price
I like the Drew Brees comparison on Baker Mayfield. I don't think he'll get there (I think he is closer to Jimmy Garoppolo) but its a totally reasonable comparison.

The Tremaine Edmunds comparison to Aaron Curry is pretty funny. I wouldn't go that far because he is pretty much a kid but he is definitely raw in coverage. I think he is pretty close to unique and could go as high as pick 10.

I personally don't liike Guice in rd1. I think he is more of a high rd2 pick. Harrison Phillips in rd1 seems unlikely to me, too.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Drew Brees comparison on Baker Mayfield. I don't think he'll get there (I think he is closer to Jimmy Garoppolo) but its a totally reasonable comparison.

The Tremaine Edmunds comparison to Aaron Curry is pretty funny. I wouldn't go that far because he is pretty much a kid but he is definitely raw in coverage. I think he is pretty close to unique and could go as high as pick 10.

I personally don't liike Guice in rd1. I think he is more of a high rd2 pick. Harrison Phillips in rd1 seems unlikely to me, too.

I think Guice can be the most overrated player in this draft (as a potential high pick of course).......He's a pounder, not a good pass catcher, not an exceptional blocker

In todays' NFL, I think he lacks a lot of the skills that are used today

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Guice can be the most overrated player in this draft (as a potential high pick of course).......He's a pounder, not a good pass catcher, not an exceptional blocker

In todays' NFL, I think he lacks a lot of the skills that are used today
I agree but thats also why you have coaches.

That said, he is pretty raw and because of that should go in the 2nd round. The only raw prospects going round 1 should be elite defensive prospects, QBs, and left tackle prospects imo.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but thats also why you have coaches.

That said, he is pretty raw and because of that should go in the 2nd round. The only raw prospects going round 1 should be elite defensive prospects, QBs, and left tackle prospects imo.

Interesting conversation today in NY.....Would the Giants trade the #2 pick right now for Zeke Elliott or Todd Gurley?

The answer probably being NO

So than why would they draft Barkley?

Im a Barkley guy, but its a pretty interesting angle

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a Barkley guy, but its a pretty interesting angle
If I were to guess the Giants pick is between Darnold (heavily rumored), and Chubb.

RB at 2 when the Bills are offering you an RG3 trade seems silly even if Barkley is a little better than Zeke and Gurley.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were to guess the Giants pick is between Darnold (heavily rumored), and Chubb.

RB at 2 when the Bills are offering you an RG3 trade seems silly even if Barkley is a little better than Zeke and Gurley.

If they draft Chubb at 2, Ill murder someone (not really, maybe).......

All indications is they could trade down and grab him as low as the 6 pick

And there are some opinions that he isnt a generational type player, and with the #2 pick, you damn well better be getting one

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure the Bills are offering an RG3 trade; that's what the Giants were demanding. The Bills have reportedly backed off those discussions. 2 1sts and 2 2nds this year (slight overpay via the trade chart) is too much IMO, and the Giants wanted next year's 1st as well. Just because the Jets overpaid (doubled the chart) doesn't mean everyone is that desperate.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Comp Drew Brees
NFL Comp Barry Sanders
Jets - QB Josh Rosen
NFL Comp Blake Bortles
Colts - DE Bradley Chubb
NFL Comp Julius Peppers
NFL Comp Quenton Jammer
NFL Comp Aaron Curry
NFL Comp Tyran Mathieu
NFL Comp Jeff George
Redskins - DT Vita Vea
Packers - CB Denzel Ward
Bengals - OL Isaiah Wynn
Eagles - OG Billy Price
The Barry Sanders comps for Barkley are always funny to me.

He does have moves like Barry, but Barry was 5'8 200 lbs.

Barkley is 6'0 230 lbs!

More like a Bo Jackson-Barry Sanders hybrid.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Barry Sanders comps for Barkley are always funny to me.

He does have moves like Barry, but Barry was 5'8 200 lbs.

Barkley is 6'0 230 lbs!

More like a Bo Jackson-Barry Sanders hybrid.

If you are Barkley you hope to have a lot more success than Bo in the NFL, besides youtube highlights.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are Barkley you hope to have a lot more success than Bo in the NFL, besides youtube highlights.

Playing one sport would go a long way (as well as avoiding that one decimating injury).

JoshinMinnesota

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ronnie Harrison from Alabama i think could move into 1st round but they could take Reid for a safety as well. Likely they would trade down with dolphins or Cards if james and fitz are gone since foster is likely to be cleared.

JoshinMinnesota

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see the Bills trading up to #2; the cost is just way too high. The Bills may trade up with the Broncos (or even the Browns at 4), but #2 is too expensive. Talk of 5 picks to get from 12 to 2.
I think NYG new coaching regime would take pick 12,22, and a mid rounder this year to let Bils move up. It helps a team out in the Pats division....which Helps the Giants chances at playoffs, and by having more picks to pick "my guys". After Barkley is gone at 1 i think Giants dont see a clear cut need that has #2 value.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited: