• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2017 COWBOYS Headed for Less Than 2016 Season?

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a LBer being BPA at #28. A lot of SAM backers and undersized edge players, and that is were the depth is. No need to rush to get the first or second one. Based off projections, there are a group of DBs at our disposal for our first two picks.

The question I come back to is when do you force a pick on the DE? How important of a role will this player have next year? Keep in mind Tapper will be available as will DLaw unlike most of last year. I can't justify taking an undersized guy in the second or third rounds knowing that we have holes at S, RT and CB. We may still add a vet RT and fill that hole. Still think we need three DBs from this draft.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, great defenses start with a great front four, defensive line.
If you can bring pressure on an opposing QB with just rushing four, that's huge.
It makes the back seven on a defense look better., especially DBs.
The COWBOYS already have a great O line. It's time to build a COWBOYS 90's type D line.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a LBer being BPA at #28. A lot of SAM backers and undersized edge players, and that is were the depth is. No need to rush to get the first or second one. Based off projections, there are a group of DBs at our disposal for our first two picks.

The question I come back to is when do you force a pick on the DE? How important of a role will this player have next year? Keep in mind Tapper will be available as will DLaw unlike most of last year. I can't justify taking an undersized guy in the second or third rounds knowing that we have holes at S, RT and CB. We may still add a vet RT and fill that hole. Still think we need three DBs from this draft.
Me neither...but that wasn't the question:suds:

As for DE I want one bad (or a 3 Tech), but you don't force it. You pick your board. What I think they may do is exactly what they did with Lawrence. When they see the number of guys they like at DE dwindling I think they will trade up and I'll be fine with that as long as it is a cool, calculated move...not a panic, go for broke, give up too much type of move. When we are patient and pounce when we see value we do great on draft day:2cents:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, great defenses start with a great front four, defensive line.
If you can bring pressure on an opposing QB with just rushing four, that's huge.
It makes the back seven on a defense look better., especially DBs.
The COWBOYS already have a great O line. It's time to build a COWBOYS 90's type D line.
Ideally, I totally agree, but at the same time if you draft a shut down corner that takes the best WR and allows you to double the other side or at least put your #2 on him it makes defense much easier too. Plus it allows you to blitz a safety if you don't need to double their #1...So there are two ways to skin the cat.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As DBs........The COWBOYS have at CB Nolan Carroll, Anthony Brown (nickel), Orlando Scandrick (nickel)
at Safety......Byron Jones.........Jeff Heath

At LB......Sean Lee, maybe Jaylon Smith
at MLB........Anthony Hitchens???????

D Lawrence has back issues

so they need...number one, pass rusher....a must
If you give a QB 4 or more seconds to throw the ball, it doesn't matter who you have at DB.

CB

Safety

MLB

way down the list.....a speed WR

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you got heath as your starting safety, you are in trouble. Secondary and a pass rusher are the biggest needs at this point. It does matter who you have at DB. Pass rush helps, but nothing in the world would help you with heath as your starting saftey. Like the guy said in FF7, "Too Slow".

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Smith doesn't see the field the LBs will be fine with Lee, Hitchens and Wilson. Could they be better? Yes, but they will be fine with an All Pro and two young kids that have been OK and should be better. DL could be poor or Lawrence could take the step forward we all expected last year now that he will be healthy, Collins could and should keep getting better, Irving showed flashes of dominance, still have Crawford and Thornton and Mayowa and Moore and Paea and even Ash could play an early down role. Then we have Tapper who the team liked last year coming back after a red shirt year. Not a lot perhaps, but who knows. Lawrence could be key. Plus we likely sign someone else or use an early pick here..

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And......Is the Packer game a must win?

The COWBOYS beat a poor Giant team.
The Cardinals were weak

The COWBOYS after the 49er game........

at Wash
KC
at Falcons
Eagles
Chargers
Wash
at Giants
at Raiders
Seattle
at Eagles

I guess we'll find out ............and it maybe without Elliot.

The sky ain't falling.... YET

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The COWBOYS may end up 9 and 7............or 8 and 8

Dak Prescott has an 86.7 passer rating.........mediocre to poor.....
Dak has missed easy throws (usually high) the whole season.
He threw 4 picks all of last season.......13 this season......and 4 pick 6es
Yards per pass attempt 6.8 yards..............pathetic
63.3 pca..........passing yardage is down

Bryant has been double covered most of the season......he's not a factor in games....unless he fumbles
Tyron Smith and Sean Lee can't stay healthy.
The offense missed Zeke.......But the COWBOYS have lost four games with him.

Linehan is clueless....They need to change the system.......especially audibles and game strategy.
Throwing deep is a rarity with this team.
The head coach should be in charge of GAME STRATEGY......not the QB at the line of scrimmage.
Jaylon Smith was just learning and healing.........as we expected

The new DBs looked good at times.....and the defense carried it's own weight.
and Demarcus Lawrence will cost the COWBOYS a bundle in a new contract.

But Garrett and Jerry are full of excuses..... when it comes to their own incompetence.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected 11 wins. I think the offense struggles were the culprit. Was not expecting to see zeke suspended that many games and the Ol had issues on the left side with smith being hurt and leary leaving. I think the falcon game was the turning point. I also thought the refs bias was also a huge factor in those losses. Our DL was mugged all season and teams had big plays that should have been called back. We certainly had those plays called back for a lot less.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The COWBOYS may end up 9 and 7............or 8 and 8

Dak Prescott has an 86.7 passer rating.........mediocre to poor.....
Dak has missed easy throws (usually high) the whole season.
He threw 4 picks all of last season.......13 this season......and 4 pick 6es
Yards per pass attempt 6.8 yards..............pathetic
63.3 pca..........passing yardage is down

Bryant has been double covered most of the season......he's not a factor in games....unless he fumbles
Tyron Smith and Sean Lee can't stay healthy.
The offense missed Zeke.......But the COWBOYS have lost four games with him.

Linehan is clueless....They need to change the system.......especially audibles and game strategy.
Throwing deep is a rarity with this team.
The head coach should be in charge of GAME STRATEGY......not the QB at the line of scrimmage.
Jaylon Smith was just learning and healing.........as we expected

The new DBs looked good at times.....and the defense carried it's own weight.
and Demarcus Lawrence will cost the COWBOYS a bundle in a new contract.

But Garrett and Jerry are full of excuses..... when it comes to their own incompetence.
There was no excuse not to feed zeke on the goal line. If that was linhan he should be gone

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not buying the injury thing. I think we will see that from now on. Every Monday has turned into a disaster in the NFL when they announce the injuries. I thought for the most part we were very lucky this year. I mean some teams would laugh at us for complaining about injuries. Same with the flags. Sure there were missed holds but those officials the other day were ringing up the Hawks every chance they got. Those 2 PIs basically gave us points and both should have been no calls. The roughness penalty on the punt.? What the hell was he suppose to do.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not buying the injury thing. I think we will see that from now on. Every Monday has turned into a disaster in the NFL when they announce the injuries. I thought for the most part we were very lucky this year. I mean some teams would laugh at us for complaining about injuries. Same with the flags. Sure there were missed holds but those officials the other day were ringing up the Hawks every chance they got. Those 2 PIs basically gave us points and both should have been no calls. The roughness penalty on the punt.? What the hell was he suppose to do.
We didn't lose a lot of guys for the year but our Tackles were not the players they otherwise would have been due to back injuries. I don't think Collins practiced at all the last month plus and apparently T Smiths back was an issue most of the year. Our best defensive player missed like 5 games. Hitchens missed a few. Our young DBs were hurt at the beginning of the year, Scandrick missed a bunch of games. Zeke missed via suspension and Irving only played half the year due to injury and suspension. I'm sure there were other issues, but the point is I'm not sure "very lucky" fits. Plus Chaz Green missed a couple...wait, I think that was a good thing:thumb:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We didn't lose a lot of guys for the year but our Tackles were not the players they otherwise would have been due to back injuries. I don't think Collins practiced at all the last month plus and apparently T Smiths back was an issue most of the year. Our best defensive player missed like 5 games. Hitchens missed a few. Our young DBs were hurt at the beginning of the year, Scandrick missed a bunch of games. Zeke missed via suspension and Irving only played half the year due to injury and suspension. I'm sure there were other issues, but the point is I'm not sure "very lucky" fits. Plus Chaz Green missed a couple...wait, I think that was a good thing:thumb:

Not sure how Tyron would have been, but if somehow we would have snuck into the playoffs- I think we would have been the healthiest team. I think that would have given us a chance. If everyone gets resigned- that Dline next yr should be really good. Not sure if Gregory is coming back or what, but Taco made some strides I thought.