• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2017 COWBOYS Headed for Less Than 2016 Season?

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's early, I know. So save it.
BUT

The COWBOYS on defense have lost two safties in Wilcox and Church
They lost two DTs in McClain and Crawford
They're probably going to lose Morris Claiborne
Brandon Carr (who cares?) may go elsewhere (Jets)

Doug Free retired
Ron Leary in Denver

They resigned Terrence Williams......If that's an answer. What's the question?
Brice Butler.....got him cheap
Nolan Carroll CB........iffy
Damontre Moore.....discount player
Steven Paea........a body

The COWBOYS are currently .........supposedly about 10 mil under the cap.

Jaylon Smith is a question mark health wise........and of course he may take at least a season to get up to speed, experience wise.

The COWBOYS draft 28th?

Tony will be gone.......and the back up QB is?

And the COWBOY'S 2017 schedule is a little tougher than 2016

at Arizona
at Atlanta
at Denver
at Oakland

At Home

Green Bay
KC
Chargers
Seattle
Rams

So .........The defense may improve, but I doubt it....But man, there are a lot of holes to fill.
The Oline will have less depth.

We still need a speed WR.

The Giants have supposedly improved.
And the Eagles and Skins are iffy at best.

The COWBOYS will probably make the playoffs, but that's about it.
Defense Matters......ask Green Bay

We need a miracle draft......defensively

Last edited:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13-3 is hard to do regardless who we have. The schedule does look tougher, but I would have thought @ Pitt and @ GB would be the toughest road games a team could play besides maybe Seattle and NE.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, sky falling in March?
Take a breather. Still pretty early in the league year. Warm up to the new names we pluck from the wire.
Draft sets up nicely for us, even while picking 28th. Going to be defense heavy draft, but they will look to fill the few offensive needs: RT/WR/OL depth. They have a plan at BU QB, even if we don't see it yet.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, sky falling in March?
Take a breather. Still pretty early in the league year. Warm up to the new names we pluck from the wire.
Draft sets up nicely for us, even while picking 28th. Going to be defense heavy draft, but they will look to fill the few offensive needs: RT/WR/OL depth. They have a plan at BU QB, even if we don't see it yet.

So true....only part of the post worth writing were the first two words

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'It's early, I know. So save it."

I believe that was my first line of my OP.

But make a list of the needs for the COWBOYS, just on defense.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if you asked the other 28 GM's not in the NFC East which roster they'd want going into next season if less than 28 would say Dallas

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'It's early, I know. So save it."

I believe that was my first line of my OP.

But make a list of the needs for the COWBOYS, just on defense.
How bout we make that list in July or August

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Headed for Less than last year? OK. 12 wins is less. Sign me up for 12...this time let's add a playoff win or three...

To say we need a miracle draft defensively is silly

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The COWBOY'S defense was scored on, in three consecutive series vs. Green Bay at DALLAS in the playoffs.
The goal is to win playoff games and Super Bowls, not just a division title.
And how did Green Bay do vs. Atlanta?. Green Bay has a useless defense also.
The COWBOYS drafted Zeke last year......great running back no doubt.
We drafted Jaylon Smith and that didn't do much for last year's defense.
It seems the COWBOYS have ignored the defense or drafted "projects" like Randy Gregory.
and picked up, FAs like Greg Hardy, etc.

But if we lose again, in the first round of the playoffs, next season....We can blame Dak Prescott.
Got to have a QB who can win the "Big Games"
And somewhere, Tony Romo is smiling.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if we lose again, in the first round of the playoffs, next season....We can blame Dak Prescott.
Got to have a QB who can win the "Big Games"
And somewhere, Tony Romo is smiling.
you remain clueless as the day is long.
if only Romo had performed in his playoff games the way Dak did last year

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here is our offseason. As of now we lost a couple players on Offense, but our Offense is still really good so no huge deal and our OL is still fantastic. Leary gone, but Collins back. Free gone, but didn't play that well. So neither bothers me and I kind of prefer both gone and having the savings to spend elsewhere.

I wanted one or two of our DBs back, BUT...many who are now complaining about losing these guys were saying our defense stunk. So why do they care if those guys come back or not if they stunk??? I'm not a big fan of Carroll, but if we have Scandrick, Brown Carroll and either a high draft pick or one of Mo or Carr I think it's fine. We do need a safety to pair with Jones.

I guess I don't get the surprise. We all knew we had a cap issue and weren't going to be spending a lot in FA. We all knew Leary was gone and at least one of Carr or Mo and probably Church. So are we upset over Free retiring and losing Wilcox? Because we still have a chance to bring back Mo or Carr and we did sign a guy in the same neighborhood as those two. Plus we now have a couple of bucks to get a good player with now that Free retired. Once we finalize the Romo issue I would say we have the room to get a real good player. We will do our bargain shopping that we have done the last couple of years and come the Summer we will be fine if we draft well. I'm not worried at all. The arrow is still pointing up.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's wait until after the draft shall we? Even then, still camp cuts etc. Who saw the Rolondo McClain trade 3 years ago? Long term it fell apart but year one it worked. Plenty of off season left.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope we resigned Twill. I actually thought one of JJs guys reads this board. All of the whipping boys are gone now except for Twill and Carr. Carr could be be just a matter of time though. Question is who will take those guys places next yr. Not their positions, but who to blame.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here is our offseason. As of now we lost a couple players on Offense, but our Offense is still really good so no huge deal and our OL is still fantastic. Leary gone, but Collins back. Free gone, but didn't play that well. So neither bothers me and I kind of prefer both gone and having the savings to spend elsewhere.

I wanted one or two of our DBs back, BUT...many who are now complaining about losing these guys were saying our defense stunk. So why do they care if those guys come back or not if they stunk??? I'm not a big fan of Carroll, but if we have Scandrick, Brown Carroll and either a high draft pick or one of Mo or Carr I think it's fine. We do need a safety to pair with Jones.

I guess I don't get the surprise. We all knew we had a cap issue and weren't going to be spending a lot in FA. We all knew Leary was gone and at least one of Carr or Mo and probably Church. So are we upset over Free retiring and losing Wilcox? Because we still have a chance to bring back Mo or Carr and we did sign a guy in the same neighborhood as those two. Plus we now have a couple of bucks to get a good player with now that Free retired. Once we finalize the Romo issue I would say we have the room to get a real good player. We will do our bargain shopping that we have done the last couple of years and come the Summer we will be fine if we draft well. I'm not worried at all. The arrow is still pointing up.

careful...logic has no place in threads started by Romo ball washers

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you remain clueless as the day is long.
if only Romo had performed in his playoff games the way Dak did last year

Romo in his last playoff game vs Green Bay at Lambeau, had a 143 passer rating......had zero picks
Dak did great in his playoff game. I'm proud of Dak.....103 passer rating......1 pick

and the COWBOY'S Team lost both games........