• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2004 team??????

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright my neighbor is a big Auburn fan and he is always saying that 04 AuBarn would beat any of our 3 National Title teams(I know he is fucking crazy). So tonight I simply replied to him that if our 04 team could have stayed healthy we could have went undefeated and beat the Barn that year. I think 04 would have been SHulas best team if it would have been able to stay healthy and probably at least won 10 games because we had a nasty defense and a good run game. So am I right or crazy for telling him this???

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's crazy for thinking they could have beat any of our national championship teams with that team.

You're crazy for thinking it would have been Shulas best team, as we did have a 10 win season that could have been better if not for injuries(2005). We only beat 1 team with a wining record that entire year and that was 7-6 Southern Miss.

But injuries like that were just the way it was with Shula teams for whatever reason.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's crazy for thinking they could have beat any of our national championship teams with that team.

You're crazy for thinking it would have been Shulas best team, as we did have a 10 win season that could have been better if not for injuries(2005). We only beat 1 team with a wining record that entire year and that was 7-6 Southern Miss.

But injuries like that were just the way it was with Shula teams for whatever reason.

Yea but that 04 team rolled through its first 3 games with Brodie Croyle. And after he got hurt we still almost beat Tennessee,LSU(BS no call on a pass interference), and Auburn. No question we would have beat South Carolina and Arkansas with Croyle. So I think it is not to far fetched to think we could have been 11-0 had Croyle and Ray Hudson not got hurt.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those first 3 teams were crap though and didn't even finish the year with a winning record.

This reminds me of when I was a little kid and I could never understand why Alabama wouldn't be ranked after we'd win the 1st few games. Back then being ranked was a much bigger deal than these days because being ranked was about the only chance you'd have of catching a game on TV(unless you were playing a ranked team, in which we usually lost).

And then we'd play a good team and get killed and it would be like - oh, that's why were aren't ranked.

Those first few games of the season back then were near meaningless. I had to look, but we played Utah St(3-8), Ole Miss(4-7) and Western Carolina(FCS).

The only thing those scores indicated was we played easy teams.