• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 13 Most Expensive College Football Stadium Renovations

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a three year old article...blame the OP for making a thread using outdated info.
I saw that it was three years old. ND's stadium plans were laid out & avail in Jan '14 ... well before this article was written.

I was just sayin ...

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that it was three years old. ND's stadium plans were laid out & avail in Jan '14 ... well before this article was written.

I was just sayin ...
Maybe they're treating it as an expansion of academic buildings, which is what most of the use of the expansion is going to. They're adding luxury boxes, but the seating capacity of the stadium is otherwise going to stay the same.

Just a guess (that, or shoddy journalism).

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they're treating it as an expansion of academic buildings, which is what most of the use of the expansion is going to. They're adding luxury boxes, but the seating capacity of the stadium is otherwise going to stay the same.

Just a guess (that, or shoddy journalism).
It was (is) a massive makeover to the stadium that cost $400 mil.

Looks way different. Just glad we finally got a friggen jumbotron. And it doesn't effect TD Jesus view. :happy:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Story for Husky Stadium said something about there being nothing in the east end zone except a scoreboard and nothing else prior to this. Weird they would mention that specifically.

It would be accurate to say in terms of a permanent structure, but there were seats there for decades before this latest reno. They were removable bleachers because they covered part of the track and were only used for football.
husky-stadium.jpg

Not only did they add permanent seating there, but they have ground level suites that give a unique game experience.
Husky-Stadium-ground-level.jpg

shaq-thompson-pick-six.jpg

Major change for sure, but to say there was nothing but a scoreboard there just seemed odd.

The stadium not only didn't add more seats, but lost a little overall. Like nearly 2,500 seats lost. Each seat, along with the luxury additions improve the overall experience a shitload though. With the track gone and every seat being closer there really aren't any bad seats.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was (is) a massive makeover to the stadium that cost $400 mil.

Looks way different. Just glad we finally got a friggen jumbotron. And it doesn't effect TD Jesus view. :happy:
It will be a lot louder. They just need something to cheer about.

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Story for Husky Stadium said something about there being nothing in the east end zone except a scoreboard and nothing else prior to this. Weird they would mention that specifically.

It would be accurate to say in terms of a permanent structure, but there were seats there for decades before this latest reno. They were removable bleachers because they covered part of the track and were only used for football.
husky-stadium.jpg

Not only did they add permanent seating there, but they have ground level suites that give a unique game experience.

Major change for sure, but to say there was nothing but a scoreboard there just seemed odd.

The stadium not only didn't add more seats, but lost a little overall. Like nearly 2,500 seats lost. Each seat, along with the luxury additions improve the overall experience a shitload though. With the track gone and every seat being closer there really aren't any bad seats.
I used to hate looking down at that track. So glad they got rid of it.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we are still asking ourselves, how is ASU not good?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

husky-stadium.jpg

I always kinda liked those rafters. An the water being so close the aerial view is pretty nice.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Field was a pretty darn expensive makeover. Haven't had time to go to a game since they finished. Might have time this fall.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it with football stadiums in Seattle having to have the sound-reflecting half-roof?

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rain. If you ever lived in the Seattle area you'd know it rains a lot there.
Ah ok. Thanks for the lesson. I never realized it rained a lot there. So does it only rain on part of the stadium or....

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah ok. Thanks for the lesson. I never realized it rained a lot there. So does it only rain on part of the stadium or....
Seattle had a dome once ... Kingdome and after that fubar I don't see domes there in the near future.

2021682763.jpg

HuskyStadium_interior_0.jpg

20110820_seahawks_minn_1060.jpg

centurylink-field.jpg

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle had a dome once ... Kingdome and after that fubar I don't see domes there in the near future.

2021682763.jpg

HuskyStadium_interior_0.jpg

20110820_seahawks_minn_1060.jpg

centurylink-field.jpg

I remember the Kingdome, I was just being a smartass.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always kinda liked those rafters. An the water being so close the aerial view is pretty nice.
Unfortunately in the mid 2k's when the team sucked that view was about all we had on game day.

What is it with football stadiums in Seattle having to have the sound-reflecting half-roof?
Husky Stadium added the cantilevered roof as a rain cover. It was only over one side originally. They didn't add the second deck/roof until the mid 80's.

The Seahawks more or less copied aspects and put it in their design. There is no doubt the understood the sound reflection value as well as rain shielding for the upper deck fans.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see that Michigan's stadium looked any different. What a rip off.

Oh, and that Missouri rendering is probably put on hold until we know if they are closing.
What...what?

You don't think this:

aerial.jpg

looks different than this:
07162015-ent-aa-aerialphoto-scc-jh-010-3e08820098a490c0.jpg

???