• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

That bullpen though

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot read the entire article but I saw enough to read how they were ranked:
"To this end, here is how all 30 bullpens rank in MLB, according to the ZiPS projection system. For each team, I'm listing the team's bullpen ERA to date and their ERA projection for the rest of the season, as well as their bullpen's projected likelihood to help (or hurt) their playoff odds compared to an "average" bullpen to help provide a sense of who could use some help to boost their postseason bid, and who owes how much of their shot to the relievers they have. Teams are ranked by their projected bullpen WAR over the rest of the season."
Lazy. Dude just pulled data that someone else put together, put into a spreadsheet and then sorted it. Voila. Power ranking.

No looking at the names, looking at the innings, looking at trends, looking at developments.

I am not saying the Giants are the best because I haven’t looked at other teams. But I can’t imaging they should be worse than #5 or so.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lazy. Dude just pulled data that someone else put together, put into a spreadsheet and then sorted it. Voila. Power ranking.

No looking at the names, looking at the innings, looking at trends, looking at developments.

I am not saying the Giants are the best because I haven’t looked at other teams. But I can’t imaging they should be worse than #5 or so.
The article should have been simply made to be a look at projections on the rest of the season, not a power ranking.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuiper on the radio this AM made a good point, yesterday's shitty pen work was clearly because they are gassed. Our starters never go deep, and it's even more impressive how well they've done going 3-5 innings a day. So we need the starters to get right or the pen may falter under all the work.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuiper on the radio this AM made a good point, yesterday's shitty pen work was clearly because they are gassed. Our starters never go deep, and it's even more impressive how well they've done going 3-5 innings a day. So we need the starters to get right or the pen may falter under all the work.
That is the key. They bully is great, but WAY over worked. We need Bum to become a 7 IP pitcher, Cueto to come back and be a 7 IP pitcher and Sammy to come back be a 7 IP pitcher. Then we need the other 2 guys (whomever they end up being) to be 5-6 IP pitchers while not making every game a nail biter requiring the top guys to always need to give multiple innings.

Easier said than done. But that is what we are looking at. And most likely no help coming at the deadline.