• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thanksgiving Stuffing

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, i've been making stuffing for years and it's good but it's not fucking good. Y'all have a recipe that makes people talk about your stuffing a week later? I just wanna make a better stuffing.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll get 2 loaves of those white french bread things they have at the bakery a loaf of either sourdough or ciabatta and make a skillet of sweet cornbread this Saturday. Let the bought bread sit out until Wednesday or Thursday depending how busy your Thanksgiving day is. Eat half of the cornbread. Cube up the bread into medium to large pieces and crumble up the cornbread.

Dice an onion or 2. Dice up some celery. Get some live rosemary, if it's not live don't use it and some thyme. Dried or live is fine.

Throw all that into a pan big enough to hold 5 or so cups of chicken stock.

Sweat down the onion and celery then add the chicken broth. Let that simmer for 30 minutes or so.

Laddle that mixture over the bread. Use common sense and don't put too much. You can always add more if you check it in the oven but can't take it away.

I just put mine in a casserole pan and bake it at 375 for 20-30 minutes. I'll throw some butter on top and broil it for a minute before pulling it out.

It usually gets good reviews.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, it ain't got sage in it, it can go straight in the trash as far as I'm concerned.

Italian sausage and granny smith apples ftw. :thumb:

I don't care for stuffing, but my wife loves it and puts lots of sage in it. That's actually the only ingredient I know.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife family breaks out that sausage and sage stuff. I think that's a anywhere outside of the southeast thing. Not my style, but that's the great thing about murica.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll get 2 loaves of those white french bread things they have at the bakery a loaf of either sourdough or ciabatta and make a skillet of sweet cornbread this Saturday. Let the bought bread sit out until Wednesday or Thursday depending how busy your Thanksgiving day is. Eat half of the cornbread. Cube up the bread into medium to large pieces and crumble up the cornbread.

Dice an onion or 2. Dice up some celery. Get some live rosemary, if it's not live don't use it and some thyme. Dried or live is fine.

Throw all that into a pan big enough to hold 5 or so cups of chicken stock.

Sweat down the onion and celery then add the chicken broth. Let that simmer for 30 minutes or so.

Laddle that mixture over the bread. Use common sense and don't put too much. You can always add more if you check it in the oven but can't take it away.

I just put mine in a casserole pan and bake it at 375 for 20-30 minutes. I'll throw some butter on top and broil it for a minute before pulling it out.

It usually gets good reviews.

This is very similar to what I do now, I actually make it in a crock pot and I do add sage and a few other spices. i'd like to do as @beardown07 suggested and add italian sausage but i'm not sure how everyone will react to that. I'm not sure about the apples but I know in the past when I had one of those tv dinners that was turkey there was stuffing and then those apples that heated to about 7,000 degrees.

Thank you...

Reactions: 006

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is very similar to what I do now, I actually make it in a crock pot and I do add sage and a few other spices. i'd like to do as @beardown07 suggested and add italian sausage but i'm not sure how everyone will react to that. I'm not sure about the apples but I know in the past when I had one of those tv dinners that was turkey there was stuffing and then those apples that heated to about 7,000 degrees.

Thank you...
The wife's family is from connecticut and they make it with sage and sausage and they have inlaws that I think come just for the stuffing, so It's probably just a me thing. I think theirs would be better with apples in it personally. I also think part of my thing is I love bread. Freaking love it. I don't want anything overpowering my bread dammit. @beardown07 is a great cook and knows his shit from what I've read so I'm sure his recipe is top notch.

lx024lu.jpg

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I just bought a new deep fryer to cook my turkey this year, never done it before should I use peanut oil er???

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I just bought a new deep fryer to cook my turkey this year, never done it before should I use peanut oil er???

Not blowing yourself up is a good start for frying a turkey I hear.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife family breaks out that sausage and sage stuff. I think that's a anywhere outside of the southeast thing. Not my style, but that's the great thing about murica.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

My wife was born and raised in Alabama and puts it in hers.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only because you make a good enough living for her to sit home and watch food network..............

I think she's on her way to kick your ass. You might want to hide or something.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this regarding Turkey Day or all the recent sexual scandals coming out of the closets in the entertainment industry and politics?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me and this ol boy have the same sentiment on sage :dhd:

lmao i forgot about that, still hilarious after all this time. i can only imagine how fat that entire family must be.