• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thanks Today:

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To all of those who have served, and to all of those who are serving.

While we all get the luxury of going to the job that we have chosen; coming home to the family that we have chosen to create; living in the place that we have decided to live in; and sit here on a sports message board with full freedom of speech to banter back and forth, cheering for the team of our choice - we should remember we get this because there are people who have died for these rights, or have decided to face possible death in order to preserve these rights.

When WWI ended and treaties were signed, eventually putting this date into effect, President Wilson said:"To us in America, the reflections of Armistice Day will be filled with solemn pride in the heroism of those who died in the country’s service and with gratitude for the victory, both because of the thing from which it has freed us and because of the opportunity it has given America to show her sympathy with peace and justice in the councils of the nations…"

Cheers and Special Thanks!

Btw - Mods feel free to remove this post to the off topic boards if you feel the need. But this is where I do most of my posting and where I decided to post. Imo, this is a topic suitable for any board.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will second this to all other veterans and current service members. There is no greater sacrifice a man can make than to give his life and liberty willingly so that others may continue to be free. I applaud each and every one of you for your sacrifice, no matter how great or small if may have been, we all did our duty for whatever personal reasons to ensure this great land of ours continues to be the land of opportunity and freedom that was envisioned for it so many years ago.

I am proud of my Naval background and proud of my son who is currently serving his country in the Air force attached to a special forces command. While i would mourn the loss of my son if it were to happen, i would be proud of him because he would have died in the service of his country. I feel for those who have lost a loved one to a war, but I am also proud of each and everyone who has given the ultimate sacrifice for his country and honor them to day by saying so. America, land of the free because of the brave.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will second this to all other veterans and current service members. There is no greater sacrifice a man can make than to give his life and liberty willingly so that others may continue to be free. I applaud each and every one of you for your sacrifice, no matter how great or small if may have been, we all did our duty for whatever personal reasons to ensure this great land of ours continues to be the land of opportunity and freedom that was envisioned for it so many years ago.

I am proud of my Naval background and proud of my son who is currently serving his country in the Air force attached to a special forces command. While i would mourn the loss of my son if it were to happen, i would be proud of him because he would have died in the service of his country. I feel for those who have lost a loved one to a war, but I am also proud of each and everyone who has given the ultimate sacrifice for his country and honor them to day by saying so. America, land of the free because of the brave.

Thank you, and best wishes for your son.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks Fantastic to me right here.

God Bless all that have served.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today I sit back and wonder where my friends in arms are today, forty years goes by a lot quicker than you think it should. The guys I served with were the best.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're welcome.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today I sit back and wonder where my friends in arms are today, forty years goes by a lot quicker than you think it should. The guys I served with were the best.

Yeah, seems like only yesterday that I was a young Private going through Basic Training. Hard to believe it was so long ago.

Chicago-Bama

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1987-1994 USAF for me Hard to believe it's been 20 years now.