• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TEXPECTATIONS 2017

Regular season wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, at least I picked 7.

I coulda gone for 4

I honestly have no idea what to expect. The team is going to be pretty experienced the next 2 years. But it's a new coach and new system. We will see.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give you these 5 wins
  1. Maryland
  2. San Jose State
  3. Iowa State
  4. Kansas in a revenge game
  5. Texas Tech
Where are the other 4 wins coming out of this group?
  1. USC
  2. Kansas State
  3. Oklahoma State
  4. OU
  5. TCU
  6. Baylor
Baylor, TCU, & KSU are possible. Even if Texas sweeps those 3, I don't see Texas beating either USC, OU, or Oklahoma State.

I said 7 wins, but wouldn't be too shocked to see 6 or 8 wins.

But, hey, that's why they play the game.
Good points Droopdog. And it could certainly turn out like that.

But last year, Texas only lost like 45-40 to OU, and beat them the year before that.

This year, Buchelle will be a sophomore, after playing every game as a true freshman. I believe the future star at quarterback is Ehlinger. He's already in the program and will play in the Spring. I'm hoping he can red shirt. The offensive scheme will be better. Have possibly the best OT in the game, more experience in the OL. Mucho talent there that did not play at all last year, such as Hudson and several other top level recruits. Offense will be much better, even after scoring avg of about 38-40 pts a game last year for most of the year, until the last few games.

The defense will be better, as we are getting the No 1 Juco middle backer coming in, will allow Malik to play on the edge. A ton of talent on the defensive side, that will be RSFR, Sophs and Jrs this year. Lot of talent to play with, not sure people understand the recruiting classes Strong brought in were really good.

The only game I think is a real longshot is USC. I see OU, Oky St as possibilities. Every other game Texas will have much more talent-question is, can Herman get them to play up to their talent level?

The cycle has to turn at some point, it always has before. We sucked in the late 80s-90s. Nebraska was that periods Alabama-no one beat them. Until Texas beat them in the conf championship game, then later w/Ricky in Lincoln. Then again in Austin. It would be like, Tennessee beating Bama in the title game, then at home, then again in Knoxville in the next few years. Times change. So I guess I'll stick with my 9 wins for next year, what the hell.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am the eternal optimist. We are what we are.

BUT IF WE LOSE TO KANSAS AGAIN, BEND OVER AND KISS YOUR ASS GOODBYE. IT WILL ALL BE OVER, WHAT'S THE USE? LOOK AT OUR COUNTRY. LOOK AT OUR LEADERSH...SCRATCH THAT ONE. YOU GET MY POINT. IT'S ALL OVER ANYWAY, ANOTHER KANSAS LOSS WILL BE THE LAST NAIL.

:exploding:

so yeah, it's nine wins baby!

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MD L
SJU W
at USC L
at ISU W
KSU L
vs OU W
Okie State L
at Baylor W
at TCU L
KU W
at WVU L
TTU W

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MD L
SJU W
at USC L
at ISU W
KSU L
vs OU W
Okie State L
at Baylor W
at TCU L
KU W
at WVU L
TTU W

Explain please.

I could be wrong, but I think the green W's are wins, and the red L's are loses.
Although he has W's next to both OU and KU. I think Texas only wins one of those two.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong, but I think the green W's are wins, and the red L's are loses.
Although he has W's next to both OU and KU. I think Texas only wins one of those two.
I think he was Talking Maryland.....

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was Talking Maryland.....

Oh.

I thought the colors and letters were pretty self explanatory too, but covered it just in case. Although he did BOLD that one. And also WVU.

Maybe I should have used the sarcasm font?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am the eternal optimist. We are what we are.

BUT IF WE LOSE TO KANSAS AGAIN, BEND OVER AND KISS YOUR ASS GOODBYE. IT WILL ALL BE OVER, WHAT'S THE USE? LOOK AT OUR COUNTRY. LOOK AT OUR LEADERSH...SCRATCH THAT ONE. YOU GET MY POINT. IT'S ALL OVER ANYWAY, ANOTHER KANSAS LOSS WILL BE THE LAST NAIL.

:exploding:

so yeah, it's nine wins baby!
May not be saying much, but I think Kansas will be a lot better this year and predict they win 3 or 4 games.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L I highlighted the ones I have questions about. However, I'm assuming this was meant to be funny.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd actually prefer he sits this game out. It's a shoulder bruise, no need to take a shot there to try and beat San Jose St. If we can't beat them without him, this season is pointless anyway.