• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas turns down Thursday game

Fumble_Rooskie

Big Red Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2010, you put an extra "http" in your link. I've got your link here now if anyone needs it.

As long as the game is televised I personally wouldn't care either way. I don't buy the "missed class time" crap at all.

Anyone got any input on how a Thursday win or loss has effected a team's rankings vice a typical Saturday game? The only teams I know of that ever benefitted from Thursday night televised games were West Virginia and Cincinnati - maybe Hokies too before the conference change.

IDK, I'm still just wondering what Mack Brown's real reason is against this, and I can only come up with two reasons that jump out at me(emphasised with bias against UT of course):

1. That he's paranoid that a possible/likely loss to Nebraska might make them fall even lower in the polls because a lot more people saw them get beat.

2. He doesn't want to lower UT to Mac/Big East conference-like status by playing on a Thursday. Not a lot of the traditional powerhouses schedule Thursday night games. (I could be missing someone here but can't think of who).

It doesn't matter in either case - I believe UT will get their asses handed to them this time around. Mack can narrow his excuses back down to how his offensive line couldn't keep his QB from getting molested all game.

landon410

In the deed the glory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i think its #2

and this could be the game of the week

think he is holding out for that

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats wrong with playing on Thursday nights? I think the game last year for Nebraska was great! Nationally televised, only game on that night, great for recruiting, plus it was the game that put Suh on the map nationally!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If we have it on saturday, though, there's a damn good chance that we could get college gameday that week. I think that would provide just as much exposure as a thursday night game. Also, they're just really fun to go to if you ever get the chance. Discuss amongst yourselves.

landon410

In the deed the glory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
haha its ok, i didnt actually say gameday
just game of the week, but its the same thought and i'm just messing with you

but i kind of agree with texas on this, yes thursday would make it a national tv game, but chances are this could be a gameday saturday night game

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oct. 16th games (as of now):
Texas @ Nebraska
Ohio State @ Wisconsin
Cal @ USC
Ole Miss @ Bama
Iowa @ Michigan

Frankly I think our game is the best matchup that day.