• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Tech cheerleader "trophy hunt" uproar

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to defend Hammer somewhat becuz his comment was a reasonable one. Full disclosure here - I'm as dedicated a hunter as any of you and have been for 38 yrs. I promise there is no one who loves hunting more than I and who has defended and given to our sport for a long time. We love to hear the stories about how these African hunts feed the village , the money goes to conservation and all that good shit. The stories about these being "nuisance" animals is just plain bullshit. African hunts are more popular than ever with the uber rich and conservation has nothing to do with it. There are tons of Americans going over there 24/7 to kill up to 15 or so animals per trip. These are enormous money makers for the people over there and everyone knows it. Nothing wrong with that but let's not sit here and compare conservation efforts here to what they call conservation in Africa. These are strictly "kill" trips that have nothing to do with anything other than getting a shitload of heads to bring home, have mounted and hang on the wall and brag about how brave this multi millionaire hunter is. Conservation has nothing to do with any of this. It's strictly about money , ego and attention. Personally I wouldn't buy a raffle ticket to go shoot these animals off the back of a jeep. I know plenty who've done it and there isn't a single ingredient I find appealing. As far as this cheerleader , let's be honest about a couple things. Daddy paid for his little bundle of joy to go over there as many times as necessary for her to kill every kind of animal running around over there. She posted this strictly for attention and she got it. Am I saying she should be ashamed of what she did? Not at all , what I'm saying is she posted these pics to stroke her own ego and to gain as much attn. as she could becuz she obviously isn't getting enough in her life. If she and Daddy truly gave a fuck about hunting and conservation they wouldn't be doing this. It's a simple question that we should ask ourselves in many situations : what's the best that can come from this ? Nothing good , so why do it? Overall it hurts hunting when a person goes out of their way to shove dead animals down the worlds throat. There are a lot of people like Hammer who may not be against hunting but really don't care to see this. In the end , all hunters lose becuz another idiot HAS to make a statement in life instead of just shutting the fuck up and enjoy the memories etc. It was a stupid and selfish move by this chick and I have no sympathy for her whatsoever.

Mostly disagree with all of this but am especially skeptical of your 15 animals per trip stat. You got any kind of link to that?

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly disagree with all of this but am especially skeptical of your 15 animals per trip stat. You got any kind of link to that?

I don't have a link but I have plenty of 1st hand knowledge of it. One of my closest friends is a taxidermist who lives just a few minutes away. We're lifelong friends and I've watched his business grow over the last 30 years and seen how it's changed. He used to mount the salmon you guys caught over on the river - mounted hundreds of them over the years. He stopped doing it probably 10 years ago , in fact he doesn't do any fish these days. He's built a repeat clientele who are keeping him as busy as he could ever hope to be and many go to Africa on a fairly regular basis. The trips these people go on are for 17 different species and most come back with at least 15. It's nothing more than target practice on live animals. There is no hunting to speak of , not the kind we do. It's a disgusting joke which the rich seem to love. I've been in my friends shop I can't tell you how many times when guys have their heads shipped there or they drop them off. I know quite a few people who have gone over there and all the stories are the same. What's most disappointing is these guys actually think they accomplishes something. You can choose to believe me or not but I can tell you what I'm saying is fact. It seems hard to believe becuz this kinda shit would never happen over here. There aren't many rules over there except to bring U.S. $$ and start shooting.