• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas game day thread

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope strong stays too. He looked inept had poor clock management. Poor play calling. You would think he would have fixed FG goal blocks by now. We won this game because of poor coaching decisions. We really had no answer for Foreman.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keys to the game...

The made 44 yard field goal by Molina.

The Blocked 38 yard field goal...

As I told BBW it may be just me but I love when Dana goes off on the sidelines..then slams like 4 red bulls...the man is standing up for his team in a conference that may not have officials creating an environment of a level playing field especially on the road.....that sideline spout with the Ref was a classic...rumor is they were in a disagreement of who was bringing the stuffing and who was bringing the cranberry sauce to thanksgiving dinner!:suds:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keys to the game...

The made 44 yard field goal by Molina.

The Blocked 38 yard field goal...

As I told BBW it may be just me but I love when Dana goes off on the sidelines..then slams like 4 red bulls...the man is standing up for his team in a conference that may not have officials creating an environment of a level playing field especially on the road.....that sideline spout with the Ref was a classic...rumor is they were in a disagreement of who was bringing the stuffing and who was bringing the cranberry sauce to thanksgiving dinner!:suds:
I like when he gets his point across, but hope he doesn't get into a yelling match with an official who left the house arguing with his wife and draws the flag.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to get the win, proud of our defense, the offense put them in some bad spots, and they delivered for the most part. Best ST effort in a LONG time. I hope Shell is ready to go next week, we will need better production on the ground next week, it will be a big test, with a LOT on the line. I am so glad that Holgorsen has grown into his job this year, has learned it isnt just about chucking it down the field as many times and as fast as you can.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like when he gets his point across, but hope he doesn't get into a yelling match with an official who left the house arguing with his wife and draws the flag.
Well, Dana was obviously right about whatever it was. I've never seen a ref take that kind of a berating, unless they know they're wrong.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man... that game had my stomach churning from start to finish. I was completely drained afterwards.

A few things which stood out to me. I agree with the FG impact mentioned by Slaton. I have to give kudo's to the WVU DL. I think they were down to 4-5 players yesterday. They faced 100 snaps yesterday. The DL not only was responsible for sacks and TFL's... but, they engaged the OL in ways to allow the back 8 make plays!

Another shout out goes to the WVU punter. A Morgantown boy who went to the wrong high school in town... but, that kid was outstanding yesterday!

My last shout out goes to McKoy. A true freshman with a banged up shoulder steps into one of the largest stadiums in the country and provides not only 2 rushing TD's... but, has to help pick up the Texas blitz packages and protect his QB.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, I'm disappointed to see this year's offense struggle to score against defensive teams as weak as Texas or Okie St.

Like I said to Slaton yesterday, poor Skyler gets spooked by defensive pressure in ways similar to Geno Smith.

Heading into yesterday's game, the biggest concern I had was the Texas DL and their proficiency in sacking the QB.

They won ugly. Better than losing like they did in their last road game.

This week's game is HUGE!!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rarely bitch about the refs, but IMO this was one of the worst officiated games we have been involved in...

The only reason Texas was in this game is because the refs let them stay in the game.

Skyler had a horrible second half....just was off all around, maybe wanting to beat them so bad helped with that....BUT he was at the 60% we needed him at and it would have been higher without the drops....WRs were very inconsistent.

Big thumbs up to defense, they got stronger agains the run as the game went on Foreman had a big game, but most of those yards came in the first half.

DL for playing with their best player out and still putting up a great fight for 4 quarters..

Good teams win when they are not at their best....tough place to go into and win.

8-1 is very nice.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man... that game had my stomach churning from start to finish. I was completely drained afterwards.

A few things which stood out to me. I agree with the FG impact mentioned by Slaton. I have to give kudo's to the WVU DL. I think they were down to 4-5 players yesterday. They faced 100 snaps yesterday. The DL not only was responsible for sacks and TFL's... but, they engaged the OL in ways to allow the back 8 make plays!

Another shout out goes to the WVU punter. A Morgantown boy who went to the wrong high school in town... but, that kid was outstanding yesterday!

My last shout out goes to McKoy. A true freshman with a banged up shoulder steps into one of the largest stadiums in the country and provides not only 2 rushing TD's... but, has to help pick up the Texas blitz packages and protect his QB.
it had me drunk after the game! The margaritas went down in a hurry and they were awesome! Not as good as the sugar bowl
Margaritas. But close!