• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teuvo Watch Begins

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the meantime, Kesler is hurt again.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure hope we see him for dallas, two breakaways, one regular goal over the past two games against non playoff teams.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heard on the game that Tavo is gonna play tonight. Dont know if its official of just so clear that it had better happen soon.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heard on the game that Tavo is gonna play tonight. Dont know if its official of just so clear that it had better happen soon.

Teuvo Teravainen confirmed that he will make his NHL debut on Tuesday.

Teravainen is making the adjustment to North American hockey, so we would recommend tempering expectations in the short term. However, the 19-year-old forward is very talented and should be one of the league's top rookies next season.
Source: [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]448491876069277697[/MEDIA]"]Mark Lazerus on Twitter [/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting where he plays. He might be on the wing with shaw or smith at center to start, maybe move to the middle later in the game depending on how it goes. Definitely gonna be interesting to watch some excitement on that team. Hopefully its Regin sitting and not Morin, who was really rushing the net last game.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regin's awful...so of course he starts tonight and Morin is a healthy scratch.

SMH. Quenneville. Sometimes I wonder.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then Q plays Rundblad on defense, and he plays like six minutes? WTF.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regin's awful...so of course he starts tonight and Morin is a healthy scratch.

SMH. Quenneville. Sometimes I wonder.

I have been wondering for a long time.

You see the difference with Teuvo though, wow, offense, defense, wins faceoffs, appeared to be the fastest guy on the ice, man that line of Saad, Smith and Teuvo was skating fast. I think Hammer broke a stick and Teuvo skates straight to the bench and instead of getting a new cue, Toews jumped on the ice. He has that defensive presence that should keep him here, I guess we see if they try to limit him to 10 games but he is no doubt an asset for the playoffs. He and Smith seemed to have good recognition, I saw one play where smith passed to Teuvo on a kinda break and instead of shooting it was an immediate pass back to smith for a shot, you dont see that often.

I liked his take on the number. He said he wore 86 before, but likes it because its a number nobody else uses. Probably something like crosby and 87.

Only problem was it was the third line and Q doesnt play the third line enough. It kinda sucks because if we were gonna lose his first year we could have had him all year, or more of the year, before the deals that got us bodies.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed the game last night, heard Teuvo looked good at the dot.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teuvo looked good. Not spectacular, but hey he's a 19 year old kid playing in his first NHL game. He did way more good than bad. He won almost all his faceoffs. Showed some defensive prowess. Has tons of speed. And man, can he pass the puck. Have to be on your toes when he has the puck.

Q had him out on the power play and he looked Kane-like at the half-boards on the right wing. Basically, the kid looked right at home all night long. He even hit a couple of guys down low...which is more than Kane will ever do. I'm not saying we should get rid of Kaner, but Teuvo looks like he is the real deal.

I would like to see him shoot a bit more. He looked like he wanted to help his teammates more than helping himself. That will come with more games under his belt. He did have a two on one opportunity, but tripped himself up and had a "blowout". Oh well.

Q looked like he wanted to limit his minutes, so the third line played sparingly and short shifts all night long. I'm sure as that line shows more confidence together, their minutes will increase.

Toews, Hossa and Versteeg were dominant all night long against Dallas. All their shifts were in Dallas ice. Handzus is a liability---looks like he's lost a step since the start of the season, and he was slow then--- and Sharp looks lost without Toews and Hossa. Not sure that Sharp-Handzus-Shaw works for me. Maybe when Bickell comes back next game, they move Shaw to the third line with Teuvo and Saad, Bickell plays on the second line and Smith goes back to the fourth. Although Ben Smith has really played well on the second or third line.

Hoping the Hawks get healthy for the next game. Then all the Hawks have to worry about is getting Kane healthy for the playoffs. Should be beast time then as Teuvo looks like a solid addition to the team.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teuvo looked good. Not spectacular, but hey he's a 19 year old kid playing in his first NHL game. He did way more good than bad. He won almost all his faceoffs. Showed some defensive prowess. Has tons of speed. And man, can he pass the puck. Have to be on your toes when he has the puck.

Q had him out on the power play and he looked Kane-like at the half-boards on the right wing. Basically, the kid looked right at home all night long. He even hit a couple of guys down low...which is more than Kane will ever do. I'm not saying we should get rid of Kaner, but Teuvo looks like he is the real deal.

I would like to see him shoot a bit more. He looked like he wanted to help his teammates more than helping himself. That will come with more games under his belt. He did have a two on one opportunity, but tripped himself up and had a "blowout". Oh well.

Q looked like he wanted to limit his minutes, so the third line played sparingly and short shifts all night long. I'm sure as that line shows more confidence together, their minutes will increase.

Toews, Hossa and Versteeg were dominant all night long against Dallas. All their shifts were in Dallas ice. Handzus is a liability---looks like he's lost a step since the start of the season, and he was slow then--- and Sharp looks lost without Toews and Hossa. Not sure that Sharp-Handzus-Shaw works for me. Maybe when Bickell comes back next game, they move Shaw to the third line with Teuvo and Saad, Bickell plays on the second line and Smith goes back to the fourth. Although Ben Smith has really played well on the second or third line.

Hoping the Hawks get healthy for the next game. Then all the Hawks have to worry about is getting Kane healthy for the playoffs. Should be beast time then as Teuvo looks like a solid addition to the team.

I dont want to see Smith and Teuvo split up, they were on the same page. Saad and Sharp did look lost. I dont like Versteeg on the top line, he maybe had two or three really good looks, just always looks behind Toews and Hossa. I think Sharp needs to get back up there against Boston if they dont score early. I say you split Handzous and Regin for games, they shouldnt both be playing the same nite.

I though Teuvo was looking to pass first, but the first time he touched the puck he shot.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking more toward Regin and Handzus as healthy scratches the remainder of the season.

With Teuvo in the lineup and Bickell expected back tomorrow night or the next game, neither of the above should even be playing.

With Teuvo, we just got even faster. Hard to imagine.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard there was some worry they would not play him against Boston, but he is in the lineup for tonight. Gotta see what kind of dirt he can deal with from those bruins.

I was wondering if he was 7-0 on the dot because he was put in against the third and fourth lines. Hawks wont have second change tonight so he should have better competition.

gonna be an exciting game.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with all the praise going around for TT, I heard that he was kicked off the Finnish national team. So, not so good there.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he is playing pretty well. Yesterday, terrible turnover at the blue line, but hustled back and broke up a 2 on 1 breakaway. Really impressive with his defensive play.