• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Tennessee Titans @ Seattle Seahawks

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know the f-word could be used so many different ways. Maybe this is just me, but there's got to be a better way of expressing anger and disgust than dropping an f-bomb every other word. Yeah, the Maragos play was really stupid and the field goal probably shouldn't have been attempted to begin with (I would have taken a knee there or at least used Tarvaris Jackson to hold on the field goal instead of someone that hasn't done it since college), but I think some people overreacted a bit much at the time. Giving up a touchdown there sucked, but being down 3 at halftime isn't the end of the world, especially when we were due to receive the second half kickoff. By the way people reacted, you would have thought that that play ended the game, not the half.

Anyway, we got lucky on a couple of occasions and did a horrible job of taking care of the ball at times, but we got the win. The fact that we're winning these games, even though they've been ugly for the most part, should be encouraging. We haven't played our best game yet and we're 5-1. There are years where we would play games like this and find ways to lose them more often than not, but that hasn't been the case this year. Now, I'm not suggesting that we can keep playing like this all season and expect to win a championship that way, but the more of these games we win now, the more dangerous we'll be when we finally get our act together and put together a complete game. Hopefully they got all the sloppiness out of the way in this game because they have two tough road games coming up.

AZhawks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be an even tougher game at AZ Thursday. Sounds like Clem hyper extended his elbow and may be out.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know the f-word could be used so many different ways. Maybe this is just me, but there's got to be a better way of expressing anger and disgust than dropping an f-bomb every other word.
Maybe, but it's my favorite anger/disgust word.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calais Campbell. One of the Cards starting DEs went down with an injury and taken to the hospital during the 9ers game and may be out for the Thursday game.

If he's out, that a huge blow to them.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know the f-word could be used so many different ways. Maybe this is just me, but there's got to be a better way of expressing anger and disgust than dropping an f-bomb every other word.
Maybe, but it's my favorite anger/disgust word.

Well I don't swear much to begin with, so that's probably part of it, but there's got to be a more creative way to voice displeasure than frequent f-bombs.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I don't swear much to begin with, so that's probably part of it, but there's got to be a more creative way to voice displeasure than frequent f-bombs.

I've never understood the problem people have with specific words. They are just words. They can't stab you or rob you, they are only letters on a screen. I don't even understand how some words came to be so offensive, but they are only so if you let them. Curse words not directed at anyone, but are just reactionary expletives really don't cause any harm.

hawkfan1073

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way people reacted, you would have thought that that play ended the game, not the half.
This was exactly my point but the chicken littles on this board can't take it when you tell them the sky isn't falling.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never understood the problem people have with specific words. They are just words. They can't stab you or rob you, they are only letters on a screen. I don't even understand how some words came to be so offensive, but they are only so if you let them. Curse words not directed at anyone, but are just reactionary expletives really don't cause any harm.

I wasn't offended. I just felt like the word was overused in this case. You use any word too much and it's going to lose its potency. Reading a good chunk of this thread was like being around a kid who just learned his first curse word and isn't shy about letting people know it. A little variety would have been nice is all I'm saying.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't offended. I just felt like the word was overused in this case. You use any word too much and it's going to lose its potency. Reading a good chunk of this thread was like being around a kid who just learned his first curse word and isn't shy about letting people know it. A little variety would have been nice is all I'm saying.

Like Motherfucker or cocksukingfuckingbitch?

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

damn. motherfuckindoublepost

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Titan's fans are classy but are you kidding me? Seattle dominated TENN all up and down the field. It was a STUPID play that required a starting kicker (LOL) being out from being 23-6 blowout.

Seattle dominated TENN and it wasn't even close. Somehow ESPN will overlook the luckiest fumbles of all time and move Seattle down 1 in the power rankings.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was exactly my point but the chicken littles on this board can't take it when you tell them the sky isn't falling.

Not only didn't I say the sky was falling, but I continually said I still expected we would win the game. I was merely outraged at the dumb mistakes and seeming bad luck and voiced it. In fact I don't think more than one or two said anything about losing or anything as dire as you portrayed.

We actually had one fan break their coffee table during one of the games and posted a picture of it up here before they went to ikea to buy a new one.

I think we are all happy as can be at being 5-1 and in first place in the division, but if some of us want to get upset over plays like the rice fumble or the botched FG attempt it doesn't have to mean the sky is falling, it just means we are pissed at that moment.

We have high hopes and large expectations for this team this year and those kinds of plays in tougher games will end up in a loss.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only didn't I say the sky was falling, but I continually said I still expected we would win the game. I was merely outraged at the dumb mistakes and seeming bad luck and voiced it. In fact I don't think more than one or two said anything about losing or anything as dire as you portrayed.

We actually had one fan break their coffee table during one of the games and posted a picture of it up here before they went to ikea to buy a new one.

I think we are all happy as can be at being 5-1 and in first place in the division, but if some of us want to get upset over plays like the rice fumble or the botched FG attempt it doesn't have to mean the sky is falling, it just means we are pissed at that moment.

We have high hopes and large expectations for this team this year and those kinds of plays in tougher games will end up in a loss.

People don't usually break furniture or go on profanity-laced tirades if they think everything will be fine. If you thought we were going to win the game anyway, what was the point of going ballistic over something that happened that only put us down by 3 with a full half of football to go, at home? You may not have been calling this a loss after it happened, but there certainly were people who were talking like it was a foregone conclusion.

This is a second half team. The only team that has scored more points in the second half this year is Denver and the only two teams to allow fewer second half points are the Colts and Chiefs. It was a stupid play and it gave away the lead at the time, but it was hardly worthy of the type of reaction it got based on when it came. Besides, if this team can survive being down 17 going into the second half and 14 going into the 4th quarter of a game on the road and win, then being down 3 at the half at home is nothing. The way it happened sucked, but as I said, it was hardly worth going apeshit over it.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an emotionally draining weekend for Husky fans. Doesn't shock me extra F bombs were flying during the game. We were looking for any way to salvage the weekend, and the Seahawks did a lot of stupid things during the game. I went nuts a few times. Happens...