• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Tennessee Titans @ Seattle Seahawks

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives

Ryan Fitzpatrick -
Fitzpatrick was Matt Schaub before Matt Schaub was Matt Schaub. He can be a solid QB, especially when given time to throw, when when pressured he turns into a turnover machine. The Bills found this out only after giving him a huge contract. Put pressure on him and good things happen for the defense.

Legion of Boom - With a QB who throws like Tebow when pressured, our DBs are gonna be invaluable. Not letting their WRs get off the line with any rhythm and capitalizing on the plays they are given will be invaluable.

Running Game - Even if Lynch is hurting, this defense can be run against. Even though they're ranked 14th against the run, they're 24th in yards per carry. The one thing that the Seahawks have done well while their O-Line has been beat up is run, and so as long as the play calling is fresh enough to keep the D honest, not reason the Hawks shouldn't run it on this team.

Negatives

Chris Johnson -
A couple of years ago, the Seahawks were the class of the NFL when it came to stopping the run. Their over-sized defensive line clogged up every hole and left runners nowhere to go. Though there are flashes of that now, the defense does tend to give up massive holes on a regular basis. Johnson will turn one of those holes into an 80 yard TD at the drop of a hat.

Injuries - It looks like Unger will be back this week, and that will be huge, but there was a chance that Lynch would miss the game so there's no telling how hobbled he is going to be. Wagner may miss the game, which is unfortunate since I feel that LB is the weakest unit on the D, so losing our leader there could be difficult to overcome.

Offensive Line - Getting Unger back will be a huge help, but this unit has been horrible the last couple weeks. They need to do a better job protecting Wilson. It was nice to see him run for 100 yards, but I'd rather not see that again.

Matchups

Kenny Britt vs. Richard Sherman -
There was a time when people thought he was a top tier WR, and though he isn't quite performing at that level, he's still able to show flashes and is the Titans top WR. Sherman can go for the glory play at times which can lead to big plays.

Ten DBs vs. Sea WR - There's been a lot of hype about the Seahawks WRs, yet they have yet to prove they can get consistent separation. This DB unit is very good, and they can truly ball. The WRs have to win their individual battles, especially Sydney Rice.

Jurrell Casey vs. James Carpenter & J.R. Sweezy - There has been way too much pressure coming from the middle of the OLine the last few weeks, which has kept Wilson on the run. Casey has 3 sacks already this year, so he can get through the line. The interior line needs to keep the pocket clean. McQuistan will also have a handfull with Ropati Pitoitua.

Overview

The Seahawks cannot take this team lightly, even if it's a home game. This team can play, and they're pretty good. Fitzpatrick can play as well, and so the Seahawks need to force the Titans into mistakes, and the 12th man will have a huge hand into that when the Titans are on offense. Coming off the tough loss in Indy, look for the Hawks to come out looking to create a big lead early. If Seattle does everything they need to, and that we know they can, then this game won't even be close.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Sherman & Browner to play with an extremely big chip on their shoulder today. They both played bad last week which is very uncharacteristic of them. Watch them harass the Titans receivers all 60 minutes of the game.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives

Ryan Fitzpatrick -
Fitzpatrick was Matt Schaub before Matt Schaub was Matt Schaub. He can be a solid QB, especially when given time to throw, when when pressured he turns into a turnover machine. The Bills found this out only after giving him a huge contract. Put pressure on him and good things happen for the defense.

Legion of Boom - With a QB who throws like Tebow when pressured, our DBs are gonna be invaluable. Not letting their WRs get off the line with any rhythm and capitalizing on the plays they are given will be invaluable.

Running Game - Even if Lynch is hurting, this defense can be run against. Even though they're ranked 14th against the run, they're 24th in yards per carry. The one thing that the Seahawks have done well while their O-Line has been beat up is run, and so as long as the play calling is fresh enough to keep the D honest, not reason the Hawks shouldn't run it on this team.

Negatives

Chris Johnson -
A couple of years ago, the Seahawks were the class of the NFL when it came to stopping the run. Their over-sized defensive line clogged up every hole and left runners nowhere to go. Though there are flashes of that now, the defense does tend to give up massive holes on a regular basis. Johnson will turn one of those holes into an 80 yard TD at the drop of a hat.

Injuries - It looks like Unger will be back this week, and that will be huge, but there was a chance that Lynch would miss the game so there's no telling how hobbled he is going to be. Wagner may miss the game, which is unfortunate since I feel that LB is the weakest unit on the D, so losing our leader there could be difficult to overcome.

Offensive Line - Getting Unger back will be a huge help, but this unit has been horrible the last couple weeks. They need to do a better job protecting Wilson. It was nice to see him run for 100 yards, but I'd rather not see that again.

Matchups

Kenny Britt vs. Richard Sherman -
There was a time when people thought he was a top tier WR, and though he isn't quite performing at that level, he's still able to show flashes and is the Titans top WR. Sherman can go for the glory play at times which can lead to big plays.

Ten DBs vs. Sea WR - There's been a lot of hype about the Seahawks WRs, yet they have yet to prove they can get consistent separation. This DB unit is very good, and they can truly ball. The WRs have to win their individual battles, especially Sydney Rice.

Jurrell Casey vs. James Carpenter & J.R. Sweezy - There has been way too much pressure coming from the middle of the OLine the last few weeks, which has kept Wilson on the run. Casey has 3 sacks already this year, so he can get through the line. The interior line needs to keep the pocket clean. McQuistan will also have a handfull with Ropati Pitoitua.

Overview

The Seahawks cannot take this team lightly, even if it's a home game. This team can play, and they're pretty good. Fitzpatrick can play as well, and so the Seahawks need to force the Titans into mistakes, and the 12th man will have a huge hand into that when the Titans are on offense. Coming off the tough loss in Indy, look for the Hawks to come out looking to create a big lead early. If Seattle does everything they need to, and that we know they can, then this game won't even be close.

Another great post. The one area you missed on is the Titans receivers. Britt is non factor, Nate Washington and Kendall Wright are their top WRs and don't forget their tight end Delanie Walker who is a receiving threat also.

I'll be at the Clink watching. Go Seahawks!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another great post. The one area you missed on is the Titans receivers. Britt is non factor, Nate Washington and Kendall Wright are their top WRs and don't forget their tight end Delanie Walker who is a receiving threat also.

I'll be at the Clink watching. Go Seahawks!

It wasn't Washington I forgot, as I really thought of him, but I did forget about Wright. Britt hasn't been very good this year, and I don't really expect that to change against Sherman or Browner, but I also think he's better than he's been showing lately.

I also try to limit my threads to 2 or three so as to not make them a book long. Walter Thurmond will have his hands full with Wright, that's for sure. If the Hawks can stop the slot receiver consistently, then they matchup very well with the Titans.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't want to piss off the Legion of Boom...

If anyone remembers last year after that loss on the road and Stafford had a big day throwing for 352 yds and combining for 4 tds (3 throwing 1 rushing)...you wanna guess what opposing qb's numbers were following those couple of games?

Christian Ponder - 63 yds 0 tds 1 int 37 qb rating

Mark Sanchez - 124 yds 0 tds 1 int 40 qb rating

I expect that secondary to come out with a purpose today. I expect them to play every play as if they do not want to allow a single catch all game. Fitzpatrick is a slightly better qb than those above mentioned guys, but he's never played in the Clink against this defense.

I feel like Fitzpatrick is a bit less conservative as a qb so we could possibly see 2-3 picks today if our guys can just catch the balls when the opportunities present itself

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this isn't Seahawks, but I did just want to take a moment and express sadness for the Adrian Peterson situation. My wife suffered her 9th miscarriage this week, so I understand that pain, but to lose a child (especially like this) I just cannot imagine.

I agree that the turnover opportunities will be there for the Seahawks, they just need to take advantage of them.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The ideal scenario is that we blow out Tennessee early so that we can get some extra rest for our starters before Thursday's game against the Cardinals.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to a good game! Good luck...but not too mutch :madgrin:

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives

Ryan Fitzpatrick - Fitzpatrick was Matt Schaub before Matt Schaub was Matt Schaub. He can be a solid QB, especially when given time to throw, when when pressured he turns into a turnover machine. The Bills found this out only after giving him a huge contract. Put pressure on him and good things happen for the defense.

Negatives

Chris Johnson - A couple of years ago, the Seahawks were the class of the NFL when it came to stopping the run. Their over-sized defensive line clogged up every hole and left runners nowhere to go. Though there are flashes of that now, the defense does tend to give up massive holes on a regular basis. Johnson will turn one of those holes into an 80 yard TD at the drop of a hat.

Matchups

Kenny Britt vs. Richard Sherman - There was a time when people thought he was a top tier WR, and though he isn't quite performing at that level, he's still able to show flashes and is the Titans top WR. Sherman can go for the glory play at times which can lead to big plays.

Overview

Kenny Britt is way below average. If he does anything significant then we're in trouble. The guy we need to focus on is RG3's buddy from Baylor, Kendall Wright.

The area that concerns me is the Titans secondary with Pollard & Griffen with the most underrated CB in the NFL in A Verner. They are a solid unit.

Fitzpatrick makes mistakes as we saw in last years woodshed whipping game against Buffalo.

The Titans are a good team that could be 5-0. Pressue Fitz and we win by 10+ but it will be a tough physical contest.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blstoker, I love that avatar. JJ Watt is, shall we say, a very "confident" player. :rolleyes2:

I believe it's possible the Titans can win this game, with some help. We'll need a devastating turnover or pick 6 to have a chance, unless we can establish a dominating run game.

Every time you see CJ run up to the line of scrimmage and drop like a rock, you'll know that I'm somewhere screaming my head off. :gaah:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to the Texans? Losing 31-6 to St Louis. Ouch.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pK3kHFi.gif

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I wish we could play you guys with Jake starting. That said, I do have confidence in Ryan Fitzpatrick. I think we're damn lucky to have him to be honest.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs concentrating on break Seahawks volume record too much and are tied with Raiders in 3rd quarter. Record would be meaningless if the Raiders win the game.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I wish we could play you guys with Jake starting. That said, I do have confidence in Ryan Fitzpatrick. I think we're damn lucky to have him to be honest.

As far as back ups go, he's a great one to have. I thought he was ok as a starter, just got rattled at times and tried to do more than he could. If we were in Nashville, I would be a lot more concerned about the game. I'm actually hoping that Fitz has a similar game as he had against Seattle last year (2 picks including a 6).

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the keys to the game by Seahawks beat writer Clare Farnsworth:

Seahawks nickel back Walter Thurmond vs. Titans WR Kendall Wright: All-Pro cornerback Richard Sherman and Pro Bowl-caliber corner Brandon Browner get most of the attention for the Seahawks, for obvious reasons. But in this game, Thurmond could get most of the action. That’s because Wright is the Titans’ slot receiver and leads the team with 26 catches, and the NFL with 13 third-down receptions. The other side of this matchup also will be worth watching, as Titans nickel back Coty Sensabaugh works against Seahawks slot receiver Doug Baldwin, who has nine third-down receptions including his 17 catches.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to the Texans? Losing 31-6 to St Louis. Ouch.

Well, Schaub goes down and Yates throws a pick 6. Then another pick next possession. Texans are imploding.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking for a BIG Beastmode day.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Schaub goes down and Yates throws a pick 6. Then another pick next possession. Texans are imploding.

And what a joy it is to witness. :D