• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Temple Week/Game thread

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU opens as 7 point favorite, its already up to 8. I'll make prediction later in week

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU 24-9

Temple got beat by Army with a pure running attack, so I think if we just ride the back of Barkley we should be able to win this one by a respectable margin. My only concern is the lack of depth on our offensive line which could lead to our line quickly being depleted because I fully expect Temple to load the box on us with only a minimal fear of a deep threat.

I expect more of the same from Trace, struggles on hitting receivers in stride down the field with his rather large archs that give defenders time to get into position to make plays. Until he figures out how to reliably throw bullets down the field and hit the receiver in stride I expect that all of our opponents will continue loading the box and being aggressive making things rough on us.

On the bright side Temple doesn't seem to have much of an offense.

MVP: Gillikin who will keep Temple pinned deep #puntingiswinning

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU 24-9

Temple got beat by Army with a pure running attack, so I think if we just ride the back of Barkley we should be able to win this one by a respectable margin. My only concern is the lack of depth on our offensive line which could lead to our line quickly being depleted because I fully expect Temple to load the box on us with only a minimal fear of a deep threat.

I expect more of the same from Trace, struggles on hitting receivers in stride down the field with his rather large archs that give defenders time to get into position to make plays. Until he figures out how to reliably throw bullets down the field and hit the receiver in stride I expect that all of our opponents will continue loading the box and being aggressive making things rough on us.

On the bright side Temple doesn't seem to have much of an offense.

MVP: Gillikin who will keep Temple pinned deep #puntingiswinning

you don't need to throw bullets downfield if you lead WR's...McSorely biggest problem is his LT getting smoked by speed rushers. The only throw that appeared horrible by him last game was the INT at end, which was caused by Charles running wrong route and dragging DB into spot where trace was to hit Gesecki, who smoked his guy with double move and was wide open but readjusted towards middle when he saw Charles...Trace saw Gesecki break free and threw to the spot....was a TD if Charles runs the dig he's supposed to.

i actually like our OL depth and would honestly like to see them throw menet at LT because Mahon sucks in pass protection and will get trace killed by year's end. menet is super athletic and can handle those guys...he's also up to 295 so his size is where it needs to be as well.

I do agree Barkley will run wild and we'll see Miles get his first carries this week.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flying in for this game, I'm pretty excited. I hope there's a decent turnout, especially with the stripe out.

First half of Pitt I was in full meltdown mode. I felt better by the end of the game. I really like this team but there's obviously some major concerns.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flying in for this game, I'm pretty excited. I hope there's a decent turnout, especially with the stripe out.

First half of Pitt I was in full meltdown mode. I felt better by the end of the game. I really like this team but there's obviously some major concerns.

where you sitting?? I am buying mine outside stadium for this one, so I have to take a blue and white shirt with me :-)

Biggest concern is youth, this team will grow as year goes on.....this offense could be filthy by season's end and defense just needs experience to gain some more discipline

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After hearing that we are mostly healthy and Temple RB still dinged up, I will go with 45-23 and Saquon goes off this week...we see the first carries for Miles as well.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where you sitting?? I am buying mine outside stadium for this one, so I have to take a blue and white shirt with me :-)

Biggest concern is youth, this team will grow as year goes on.....this offense could be filthy by season's end and defense just needs experience to gain some more discipline

Lol nice! Most likely I'll be in SEU

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU 27 - Temple 20

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win over Temple to go 2-1 on the year. That one-handed grab by the TE was spectacular. Barkley was injured early on but came back to score a TD. Getting better by following a loss to Pitt with this win.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win over Temple to go 2-1 on the year. That one-handed grab by the TE was spectacular. Barkley was injured early on but came back to score a TD. Getting better by following a loss to Pitt with this win.

Team is pretty close....clean up a couple mistakes and its a 21-28 point win. Temple scored 14 points by driving a total of 11 yards...the punt hitting our guy was just a freak event that gave them a 1 yard field....SAnders, who showed why he was so coveted on his first few carries, puts it on carpet at 5 and Trace/Desean miscommunication on route gave them 10 yard field.

Like the 2005 team that struggled early with turnovers, this team can move the ball at will and while the D is much younger and less disciplined, its starting to come together on that side as well...again, offense and ST gave Temple 14 of their 27.....This team is going to get better every week....already so much more fun to watch then last season