• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tell me about the best driver you've ever had

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, my favorite driver was the big Bertha 11 degree. I play mostly on small courses in Queens.
Lots of dog legs. It's a great advantage when you can just cut the corners a bit with a high ball.

And considering that I suck at wedge shots from 100 yards ..any monster drives would be wasted anyway.

hmm. Would think it would screw up the drive. Guess not. But I guess it all depends upon your swing speed, etc

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The older Burners were perfection but I also really enjoyed the old Callaway Big Bertha Warbirds too.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever one gets you in the fairway the most.

I've had Titleists, Callaway, Taylor Made.. Current driver is the Titleist

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My woods (or whatever the hell you call them now) and driver are all Callaway. I play with the TaylorMad TP's (great shafts) and don't have the problem with them. But my driver swing is completely busted (can't get past 200 yards forward without about 50 to the right, problem is my swing obviously and not the club) so I haven't swung anything but my 3 since them. I don't blame the clubs though. I honestly don't feel much of a difference between any of them.

I don't particularly care much for the driver anymore. They give you a toaster attached to a stick with a small sweet spot. I'm thinking of picking up this:

Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 Review

If anything, it will help me fix my swing and get me straight again given that it's so unforgiving.