• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ted Williams without WAR

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got Josh Hamilton as a hall of famer if you add in the time he missed for his "war with addiction"
Jose Fernandez
Gustavo Cabrera (former Giants top prospect)

“What ifs” are the most stupid discussions ever. You can’t look back and judge a player based fictional scenarios. They did what they did and the didn’t do what they didn’t do. You can acknowledge that Williams missed prime years and STILL put up OMG, inner-circle HOF numbers. But trying to extrapolate what he coulda/shoulda/didn’t do is a fools errand.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jose Fernandez
Gustavo Cabrera (former Giants top prospect)

“What ifs” are the most stupid discussions ever. You can’t look back and judge a player based fictional scenarios. They did what they did and the didn’t do what they didn’t do. You can acknowledge that Williams missed prime years and STILL put up OMG, inner-circle HOF numbers. But trying to extrapolate what he coulda/shoulda/didn’t do is a fools errand.
Alrighty then. I guess all the time I've spent trying to calculate Ricky Williams' potential numbers has been a wasted exercise.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alrighty then. I guess all the time I've spent trying to calculate Ricky Williams' potential numbers has been a wasted exercise.
I am glad you see the error of your ways now.

Glad I could help

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 4 Reaction GIF

wood

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ted Williams was one of the true greats at the bat. He gave 5 years to the marines and, from all reports, was an exemplary pilot. There is a real possibility that he could have challenged Ruth's home run record.

What is it that people say? Something like that Ted Williams is the real life version of John Wayne.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not Wins Above Replacement.... Actual war.

The Kid famously flew wingman to John Glenn in the Korean War in 1952 and 1953. He also missed the entire 43, 44, 45 seasons flying in WWII... But what if...

I stupidly took the Splendid Splinter's three years before and after each war and added the average to each of his five missing seasons (or partial seasons for Korea).

Surprisingly (but maybe not), The Thumper's Average and OPS stayed about the same at .344 & 1.115...

Here's a quick look at some of Teddy Ballgame's all time totals adjusted for wars. Wouldn't it be cool if we could looks at everyone's stats adjusted for time missed?

View attachment 288789
Probably the best hitter of all time.