• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tebow to the Mets

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After this doesn't work out, he'll sign with the Nets

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This'll be like when they invited Garth Brooks to spring training. No one really believes he'll make it to the parent club or even qualify for a Single-A affiliate squad.

Good publicity doe

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the book on Tebow is he has unreal power but is highly unlikely to ever hot for average and he got signed by the Mets?? That makes sense

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This'll be like when they invited Garth Brooks to spring training. No one really believes he'll make it to the parent club or even qualify for a Single-A affiliate squad.

Good publicity doe
this is a no lose, good publicity move by the Mets. Tebow will probably go nowhere, he may not even be at minor league Spring Training but who gives a fuck? The Mets have zero invested in the guy and have nothing to lose and everything to gain if he shocks the world. No one says shit when their team signs some undrafted HS or college kid who can't play. Hundreds get signed every yr and no one cares. A great athlete who's a proven winner deserves a shot anytime, especially when he costs nothing. Why anyone takes their time to laugh at this is beyond me. Consider the fact MLB is FULL of AA players these days , why not try this?

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is a no lose, good publicity move by the Mets. Tebow will probably go nowhere, he may not even be at minor league Spring Training but who gives a fuck? The Mets have zero invested in the guy and have nothing to lose and everything to gain if he shocks the world. No one says shit when their team signs some undrafted HS or college kid who can't play. Hundreds get signed every yr and no one cares. A great athlete who's a proven winner deserves a shot anytime, especially when he costs nothing. Why anyone takes their time to laugh at this is beyond me. Consider the fact MLB is FULL of AA players these days , why not try this?

I'm pretty meh about it. I'm not a huge Tebow fan personally, but it would be kinda cool to see someone play in a professional league in two different sports (even if they weren't particularly great in either of them). If he succeeds, cool. If not, whatever.

The fact that he's trying to balance a baseball career and his ESPN broadcasting gig, however, suggests to me he isn't taking this all too seriously.

Doesn't hurt the Mets to roll the dice.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty meh about it. I'm not a huge Tebow fan personally, but it would be kinda cool to see someone play in a professional league in two different sports (even if they weren't particularly great in either of them). If he succeeds, cool. If not, whatever.

The fact that he's trying to balance a baseball career and his ESPN broadcasting gig, however, suggests to me he isn't taking this all too seriously.

Personally I felt kind of bad for the players who get say a 1 thousand dollar signing bonus as opposed to 100 thousand.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the book on Tebow is he has unreal power but is highly unlikely to ever hot for average and he got signed by the Mets?? That makes sense

Raw power doesn't always translate to game power.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was wondering what he was doing about broadcasting. I agree that he needs to do baseball 24/7 for obvious reasons. Either way he will land on his feet and will be making good money for as long as he wants to. Can't say I'm the biggest fan of Tebow the athlete, but I am a fan of the person. He's a good guy and there aren't enough of them

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I felt kind of bad for the players who get say a 1 thousand dollar signing bonus as opposed to 100 thousand.
I don't. I was there at one time in my life and I don't feel sorry for any of them. The $1000 bonus guy can't even begin to bring the dollars to the Mets that Tebow brings right now. The Mets will get that money back before this season is over just selling shit with Tebow's name on it. The $1000 guy is a $1000 guy becuz he can't do that.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sandy Alderson: "This was a BASEBALL move, not a PR stunt!"

Why even talk about it??? Everyone knows you're lying, you just look stupid now.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sandy Alderson: "This was a BASEBALL move, not a PR stunt!"

Why even talk about it??? Everyone knows you're lying, you just look stupid now.
people love a trainwreck. Talking about it brings attention to it. Makes sense to me.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the midst of a playoff race and playing great baseball, let's bring in a pointless distraction so our players get bombarded with questions about a guy they'll only share a field with in spring training!

Realistically, it's just a cash grab. Sell some Tebow Mets shirts, maybe a few more people show up to spring training next year and just like that it'll be done.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for him but I doubt he ever makes it to MLB.