• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teams that lost the most snaps from last year

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roster Turnover in 2017: Number 10-1 | Over the Cap

Pretty interesting stat I don't think I've seen before.

Some of the teams on the list are not surprising in the least. Teams with new coaches should naturally have high turnover. So the Rams, Niners and Jaguars make complete sense.

The Packers, Cardinals and Cowboys are the most interesting. That's a lot of turnover for teams looking for deep playoff runs.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some of the teams on the list are not surprising in the least. Teams with new coaches should naturally have high turnover. So the Rams, Niners and Jaguars make complete sense.

The Packers, Cardinals and Cowboys are the most interesting. That's a lot of turnover for teams looking for deep playoff runs.

I read it and it says Green Bay usually counts on their players failing when they leave the team and they are usually correct so good luck with Lacy

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only loss for the Cowboys that bothers me is Leary. Leary played at a high level. The secondary players did not play at a high level. I expect an occasional interception and stats prove Carr and clayburn did not create turnovers.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas lost quantity not much quality.
Yes, it will be tough to replace those players, but it's is definitely possible.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas lost quantity not much quality.
Yes, it will be tough to replace those players, but it's is definitely possible.

It's definitely possible.

I'm curious to see how much continuity affects the better teams.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just based on turnover alone this is the one playoff team that stands to have a major shift. Gone are Ronald Leary, Doug Free, Morris Claiborne, Brandon Carr, Barry Church, Terrell McClain, JJ Wilcox, and Jack Crawford with the incoming veterans being Byron Bell, Stephen Paea, and Nolan Carroll. Dallas simply is not in a position, especially with more extensions coming for their linemen, to keep anybody which is a tough pill to swallow for a team that was so good last year. It isn’t that these players are not replaceable, its just that having to replace so many in one year is not an easy thing to accomplish. This is an example of why I mentioned about the Ravens decisions on older guys. Imagine if Dallas doesn’t blow nearly $9 million of cap room on a Greg Hardy, which there was no justification for doing. All this stuff adds up and that money basically would have kept a Leary or two of the guys in the secondary for another year to lessen the blow.

What the fuck is the bold smoking? Martin will be extended before camp ends and that will be 4 of our 5 linemen locked up for years. Our starting QB is dirt cheap for many years, our starting RB isn't too expensive for a few years. We have a WR that is expensive and then a bunch of young and cheap guys on defense. Other than Romo's contract, I don't see why he thinks we have an issue signing our guys. Other than Carr for cheap and Claiborne for cheap there wasn't anyone that I was hoping to keep from that list. Leary I would like but he was going to be a backup and deserved starter money.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck is the bold smoking? Martin will be extended before camp ends and that will be 4 of our 5 linemen locked up for years. Our starting QB is dirt cheap for many years, our starting RB isn't too expensive for a few years. We have a WR that is expensive and then a bunch of young and cheap guys on defense. Other than Romo's contract, I don't see why he thinks we have an issue signing our guys. Other than Carr for cheap and Claiborne for cheap there wasn't anyone that I was hoping to keep from that list. Leary I would like but he was going to be a backup and deserved starter money.
Think he was talking about the players they lost, not great players per say, but a lot of quantity that we'll have to be replaced in one swoop.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sort of interesting...

I don't think the Cowboys are going to win the division, I think the Giants will field the better team and I see teams heavily analyzing weaknesses in the Cowboys run game and Prescott. I also think their defense will be HIGHLY suspect with losses of Claiborne, potential injury for Lee, and no pass rush presence due to FA/suspensions (pretty sure on that last piece).

I don't think Arizona is in serious playoff contention, IMO if they make the playoffs the fanbase should already be happy (IMO Seattle is the clear cut winner considering they still won it last year with multiple injuries and an even MORE inexperienced O-Line with no RB situation). Fitzgerald is bound to lose productivity, Palmer is WAY too old and injury prone at the moment, and the defense has lost a lot on the front 7 and relying on some key plays by rookies. They had a top 5 defense last year, but I think that may drop a bit. David Johnson is a stud but the O-Line really isn't any better.

For the Packers, I think the roster turnover is actually a bit of a good thing. They shed a ton of injury prone players and some guys that were just getting too old. Yah Lang hurts a bit, but meh. When you have Rodgers your O-Line can suffer a little bit, and they are still a projected top 10 O-Line anyway by sites like PFF... I don't think their roster turnover will hurt them much, it could actually improve them in certain areas.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think he was talking about the players they lost, not great players per say, but a lot of quantity that we'll have to be replaced in one swoop.

But we didn't lose any of them because we couldn't afford them. We lost them because we didn't really go after them. His point was that we could pay them so we lost them, that's not true.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sort of interesting...

I don't think the Cowboys are going to win the division, I think the Giants will field the better team and I see teams heavily analyzing weaknesses in the Cowboys run game and Prescott. I also think their defense will be HIGHLY suspect with losses of Claiborne, potential injury for Lee, and no pass rush presence due to FA/suspensions (pretty sure on that last piece).

I don't think Arizona is in serious playoff contention, IMO if they make the playoffs the fanbase should already be happy (IMO Seattle is the clear cut winner considering they still won it last year with multiple injuries and an even MORE inexperienced O-Line with no RB situation). Fitzgerald is bound to lose productivity, Palmer is WAY too old and injury prone at the moment, and the defense has lost a lot on the front 7 and relying on some key plays by rookies. They had a top 5 defense last year, but I think that may drop a bit. David Johnson is a stud but the O-Line really isn't any better.

For the Packers, I think the roster turnover is actually a bit of a good thing. They shed a ton of injury prone players and some guys that were just getting too old. Yah Lang hurts a bit, but meh. When you have Rodgers your O-Line can suffer a little bit, and they are still a projected top 10 O-Line anyway by sites like PFF... I don't think their roster turnover will hurt them much, it could actually improve them in certain areas.

So Claiborne has one decent season and we will feel his loss, our best defender is a negative for us because he might get injured, and we have no fewer pass rush options than we had at this time last year when we won the division. And that all adds up to Brandon Marshall putting the Giants over the top?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we didn't lose any of them because we couldn't afford them. We lost them because we didn't really go after them. His point was that we could pay them so we lost them, that's not true.

I don't think that is true. Or at least misses the point. The Cowboys didn't go after some of those guys because they knew they couldn't pay them what they were going to get.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only 1 game against a shitty team, but Dallas looks to be ok after our devastating losses.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Packers replaced Lang with pro bowl g Jahari Evans. They replaced their backup center in Tretter with Linsey. They upgraded at cb with House over Hyde.Brooks is an upgrade over Peppers. Bennett is an upgrade o er cook at the. Lacy is washed up goods. Packers either replaced Ed or upgraded at every position they lost players.