• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teams that give up saves

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be a hard one to predict, but what generally improves the odds of saves....teams that have bad pitching or teams that have bad hitting? Or bad hitting but good pitching? Obviously bad pitching but good hitting has the worst odds.

Are streaming against the teams who have allowed the most saves a effective strategy?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. There is no way to predict three run games. If you are streaming RP, I would look at how hot or not their matchups are, compared with the amount of work (and quality) said pitcher is coming off recently.

i.e. Barraclough pitching well, I would still sit him next week with a lot of work this week, and a weekend series in Colorado.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. There is no way to predict three run games. If you are streaming RP, I would look at how hot or not their matchups are, compared with the amount of work (and quality) said pitcher is coming off recently.

i.e. Barraclough pitching well, I would still sit him next week with a lot of work this week, and a weekend series in Colorado.

why would you bench him?? thing about closers, in a weekly league is that you are content with 1 save... even the worst of the worst teams should win 1 out of 6 games... and there should be a save opportunity in more than 75% of a teams wins...

so mathematically, I would expect at least a 75% chance that any closer will get a save any week...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would you bench him?? thing about closers, in a weekly league is that you are content with 1 save... even the worst of the worst teams should win 1 out of 6 games... and there should be a save opportunity in more than 75% of a teams wins...

so mathematically, I would expect at least a 75% chance that any closer will get a save any week...

Yeah. Sometimes though, if your closer pitches a lot over the weekend, he could miss the first set of the week. With a four game set in Colorado later in the week, it could bite you in the ass.

Not saying automatic benching, but if we're talking about streaming saves, I assume there are more options from which to stream.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Sometimes though, if your closer pitches a lot over the weekend, he could miss the first set of the week. With a four game set in Colorado later in the week, it could bite you in the ass.

Not saying automatic benching, but if we're talking about streaming saves, I assume there are more options from which to stream.

sure, it depends on the options... But I would ALWAYS bet on a closer to at least get one save ANY WEEK... sure, there will be many weeks I lose that bet... but it is still the right bet...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I was assuming he is talking about a points league.

Even still, in a roto or cat league, in which streaming is a viable option, one can conclude the guy you're benching him for can also get "a save".

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I was assuming he is talking about a points league.

Even still, in a roto or cat league, in which streaming is a viable option, one can conclude the guy you're benching him for can also get "a save".

assuming he gets as big of a percentage of the teams opportunities.... I mean, would you stream Nate Jones for Barraclaugh??

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure, it depends on the options... But I would ALWAYS bet on a closer to at least get one save ANY WEEK... sure, there will be many weeks I lose that bet... but it is still the right bet...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
assuming he gets as big of a percentage of the teams opportunities.... I mean, would you stream Nate Jones for Barraclaugh??

I streamed an Oakland holds guy over him in the big league. Currently a 12 point mistake...with Miami headed to Colorado today. We'll see how it plays out. (not gonna matter anyway this week...getting whooped)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I streamed an Oakland holds guy over him in the big league. Currently a 12 point mistake...with Miami headed to Colorado today. We'll see how it plays out. (not gonna matter anyway this week...getting whooped)

clearly in holds leagues you have more options... and all are crapshoots... Really cant wait until fantasy finds a way to include relievers better... I tried in our failed SportsHoopla dynasty, but even that doesn't do it well...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
clearly in holds leagues you have more options... and all are crapshoots... Really cant wait until fantasy finds a way to include relievers better... I tried in our failed SportsHoopla dynasty, but even that doesn't do it well...

That is why I'm starting to really like my money league rule (15 team points, but can still work for roto, and/or lesser teams)

Team bullpens. No 'P' slot, just RP, but you can swap in and out to your choosing within your owned bullpens. Also makes them worth more in trades. In my league right now, the Herrera owner is in panic mode. He will need to pay up to make a change with someone.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here u go
TOP 5

SEA=29
WAS
BOS
NYY
COL

BOTTOM 5
BAL=14
PIT
MIN
MIA
SF

:suds:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why I'm starting to really like my money league rule (15 team points, but can still work for roto, and/or lesser teams)

Team bullpens. No 'P' slot, just RP, but you can swap in and out to your choosing within your owned bullpens. Also makes them worth more in trades. In my league right now, the Herrera owner is in panic mode. He will need to pay up to make a change with someone.

I am thinking that if you make the RP stats more pronounced other than Save/Hold then it would do a better job...

Maybe double all their stats

so a RP SO= 2 SP SO
a RP IP= 2 SP IP

by doing this, they will be more of an affect on the team ERA, WHIP and SO...

Keep saves and holds the same...

Just brainstorming... not sure if this works...

the way RP is currently seen in fantasy baseball is just broken...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking that if you make the RP stats more pronounced other than Save/Hold then it would do a better job...

Maybe double all their stats

so a RP SO= 2 SP SO
a RP IP= 2 SP IP

by doing this, they will be more of an affect on the team ERA, WHIP and SO...

Keep saves and holds the same...

Just brainstorming... not sure if this works...

the way RP is currently seen in fantasy baseball is just broken...

Digging up from last year...

But this is why points leagues are best. Points for good things, negative points for bad things.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Digging up from last year...

But this is why points leagues are best. Points for good things, negative points for bad things.

Point leagues have their faults too. For example if a pitcher has both rp and sp eligibility the sp is safer to use because he will definitely at least play one game. If not have 2 starts. There is no reason to even start a rp!!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point leagues have their faults too. For example if a pitcher has both rp and sp eligibility the sp is safer to use because he will definitely at least play one game. If not have 2 starts. There is no reason to even start a rp!!

That's where my league's rules come in. RP is for RP. No Sparps.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's where my league's rules come in. RP is for RP. No Sparps.

I can see that working in points leagues... But I don't like it all in rotisserie or H2H categories...