• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TEams that draft a rb

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's a good chance Miami grabs one. They seem pretty unsure of drake.
I think they'll sign CJ..they already have Gore..maybe they grab a late round, flyer/special teams/depth guy, but can't imagine they go early rounds with the intention of one being a major contributor

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they'll sign CJ..they already have Gore..maybe they grab a late round, flyer/special teams/depth guy, but can't imagine they go early rounds with the intention of one being a major contributor
What’s early rounds for you? I see first tier (Barkley) as early first round, the second tier (Guice, Michel, Chubb) going late first and second round, then tier three RBs that have some potential studs going three maybe fourth round, after that you got the PPR types that can be useful in a role going later.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dint really expect them too as much as i think there's opportunity if they do take one. They don't have any proven backs and the 2 they took last year both were late picks.
Wasn't it third and fourth? I thought they both showed quite well, especially given no Rodgers

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s early rounds for you? I see first tier (Barkley) as early first round, the second tier (Guice, Michel, Chubb) going late first and second round, then tier three RBs that have some potential studs going three maybe fourth round, after that you got the PPR types that can be useful in a role going later.
I consider rounds 1-3 early, 4&5 mid, 6&7 late

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't it third and fourth? I thought they both showed quite well, especially given no Rodgers

4 and 5. I agree they looked good. I dont think GB needs to take a RB but i wouldnt be shocked and if they do in say the 2nd i think there would be a lot of opportunity. Not the most likely spot though i agree.

Miami you might be right if they bring in CJ. I'm not really sure what the hell they're doing lol.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 and 5. I agree they looked good. I dont think GB needs to take a RB but i wouldnt be shocked and if they do in say the 2nd i think there would be a lot of opportunity. Not the most likely spot though i agree.

Miami you might be right if they bring in CJ. I'm not really sure what the hell they're doing lol.
I'm not sure they do either, but I'm sure that here shortly, Tranny, Parker, and five other guys will be "primed for the best year ever"

And I wouldn't be shocked if GB went RB in one of the too four rounds. If anything, last season taught them that they simply can't depend on TyMo there, and that they were darn lucky they had 3 competent options. So that really only leaves them with the two...so they do need one more that can contribute if called one..not just a body

Last edited:

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is also why i dont like mid tier rbs in dynasty. So many of them can be replaced in an instant. Ill take the studs, but the drakes and millers and hydes of the world make me nervous.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is also why i dont like mid tier rbs in dynasty. So many of them can be replaced in an instant. Ill take the studs, but the drakes and millers and hydes of the world make me nervous.
At one time I thought you believed the best plan was to take WRs high then stock up on mid tier RBs on the cheap.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drake was a 3rd rounder. Miller was a 4th. Hyde was a high 2nd.
In today's NFL, I think teams are more content with these types.
Dallas just cut former first round pick Dez Bryant because he got too expensive.
Maybe it's a different position, but cheaper players are worth keeping around longer.
The big money first rounders have more at stake.
Just ask Trent Richardson, David Wilson, CJ Spiller, Jahvid Best, Knowshon Moreno, Donald Brown, Felix Jones and Beanie Wells.

Unfortunately there aren't that many impact rookies in this draft, little more than half
^^^^^ This. But I've also read the opposite is true. :noidea:

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At one time I thought you believed the best plan was to take WRs high then stock up on mid tier RBs on the cheap.

Depends when we're talking. Right before the season? Sure. In the offseason before the draft? Nope.

And at all times id rather consolidate into a few studs regardless of whether their RBs or WRs.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drake was a 3rd rounder. Miller was a 4th. Hyde was a high 2nd.
In today's NFL, I think teams are more content with these types.
Dallas just cut former first round pick Dez Bryant because he got too expensive.
Maybe it's a different position, but cheaper players are worth keeping around longer.
The big money first rounders have more at stake.
Just ask Trent Richardson, David Wilson, CJ Spiller, Jahvid Best, Knowshon Moreno, Donald Brown, Felix Jones and Beanie Wells.

^^^^^ This. But I've also read the opposite is true. :noidea:

Maybe. My point is simply that rb is an incredibly volatile position unless you're a stud. There's a ton of turnover because most guys are replacable. And since a lot of that replacement comes from the draft (especially in years like 2017 and 18 with loaded rb classes) i tend to shy away from replacable guys leading up to the draft.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dint really expect them too as much as i think there's opportunity if they do take one. They don't have any proven backs and the 2 they took last year both were late picks.
While Williams and Jones were both picked in the second half of the draft, they both showed that they can start. I think Williams is the goal line back and pounder for Jones, who is much more electric

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. My point is simply that rb is an incredibly volatile position unless you're a stud. There's a ton of turnover because most guys are replacable. And since a lot of that replacement comes from the draft (especially in years like 2017 and 18 with loaded rb classes) i tend to shy away from replacable guys leading up to the draft.
I agree that RB position is volatile.
But I don't think it's because they're replaceable.
The draft may reflect the "value" of the player coming out of college.
But once he establishes himself in the NFL (which is something that even a heralded first rounder cannot always do), that in itself should be the justification a GM/team needs to hang onto a player like that.
It could be argued that a first round pick may have a longer leash.
But if a fifth round guy like Jordan Howard runs at 5 yards a clip, why should he feel threatened?

Last edited:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that RB position is volatile.
But I don't think it's because they're replaceable.
The draft may reflect the "value" of the player coming out of college.
But once he establishes himself in the NFL (which is something that even a heralded first rounder cannot always do), that in itself should be the justification a GM/team needs to hang onto a player like that.
It could be argued that a first round pick may have a longer leash.
But if a fourth round guy like Jordan Howard runs at 5 yards a clip, why should he feel threatened?
bingo