• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

teams in the KC race this off season

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think he would only give the Browns and similar teams the option? I mean outside of possibly the G-Men and Maaaybe the 49ers (not likely now), why would Bruce give a damn who Kirk talked to? Assuming the trade value is fair, I doubt he would prevent him from talking to most teams. Not sure why you think this?

Cousins wants a LTD done, whether it be here or elsewhere. If he gets a good deal from someone he would like to play for, then he will take it. You are making this whole thing out between The FO camp and the KC camp to be much more personal than it really is. I don't think that the FO would prohibit KC to talk to half the league out of pride and ego.

I base what I expect Bruce to do off of what I have seen him do in the past. Bruce is a political animal. If he is going to lose or get rid of Kirk, he will try and direct the narrative into what looks best for him, while also painting Cousins in the worst possible light and leaving him in the worst possible position he can manage to put him into.

If you doubt this, I say look back to last off season and how the SMGM thing was handled.

Look at how Bruce tried to paint the offer in a light where it was just Cousins greed that prevented a deal from happening.

I dont think its the Front Office against Kirk. I think that its Bruce and Dan refusing ti admit they screwed up, and they will continue to try and make this seem as if they were right all along.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I base what I expect Bruce to do off of what I have seen him do in the past. Bruce is a political animal. If he is going to lose or get rid of Kirk, he will try and direct the narrative into what looks best for him, while also painting Cousins in the worst possible light and leaving him in the worst possible position he can manage to put him into.

If you doubt this, I say look back to last off season and how the SMGM thing was handled.

Look at how Bruce tried to paint the offer in a light where it was just Cousins greed that prevented a deal from happening.

I dont think its the Front Office against Kirk. I think that its Bruce and Dan refusing ti admit they screwed up, and they will continue to try and make this seem as if they were right all along.

According to KC, it was Scot who made the lowball offer. It kinda makes since that Bruce fired Scot, since he created this mess.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to KC, it was Scot who made the lowball offer. It kinda makes since that Bruce fired Scot, since he created this mess.

If you think Bruce fired Scot over not being able to sign Cousins... I got a bridge in NY and a ful metric ton of horse crap I will give you at below wholesale.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ebb i have watched and posted video on jackson . he is a run first qb at this point there is no disputing that

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ebb i have watched and posted video on jackson . he is a run first qb at this point there is no disputing that

I mean... there is disputing that. Cuz when he's asked to pass he...looks to pass first... pretty simple.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk Cousins Would Reportedly 'Seriously Consider' Playing for Browns
TYLER CONWAYJANUARY 10, 2018

hi-res-6ac332f6cb372dedcd0da4fc6e9534c5_crop_north.jpg

Bill Kostroun/Associated Press
Kirk Cousins is apparently not intimidated by the Cleveland Browns' quarterback graveyard.

During an appearance on 92.3 The Fan on Wednesday, Albert Breer of the MMQB reported Cousins would "seriously consider" the Browns if he hit free agency (h/t Kyle Kelly of Browns Wire).

Cousins, 29, could be an unrestricted free agent in March if he's unable to reach a contract agreement with Washington. He has played each of the last two seasons under the franchise tag, making the potential for a third tag seem unlikely.

Washington would have to pay Cousins $34.5 million under the franchise tag. The transition tag, which would require a $28 million salary, is also a possibility.

Washington coach Jay Gruden told Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post he does not want Cousins back on another one-year deal.

"I think something has to be done. I personally don't want to go through another one-year deal, and just [keep going] one year, one year," Gruden said. "I think you want to have a quarterback in here that's going to be here. And hopefully that is Kirk, and if not, we have to move on and do what we have to do as an organization.

"For the most part, the great quarterbacks are in the same system year in and year out, and are developing in that system. [Teams are] not holding our breath every March and April, waiting for the guy. But if that's the case, that's the case. But we like Kirk and his development. He's played well at times, without a doubt, proven that he's a good starting NFL quarterback."

Cousins threw for 4,093 yards and 27 touchdowns against 13 interceptions during the regular season. He saw his numbers markedly decline from his Pro Bowl campaign in 2016, with his QBR dropping more than 16 points. In December, Cousins completed just 56.7 percent of his passes and posted a 75.0 passer rating to complete a 7-9 season on a low note.

"When you're 7-9, you know it's hard to say, 'Wow, this guy really was outstanding,'" Gruden told reporters. "Kirk had his flashes where he was really good. From a consistent standpoint, over the course of 16 games, you know we're 7-9."

The Browns have started 27 different quarterbacks since coming back to the NFL in 1999. DeShone Kizer started 15 games in 2017, posting an NFL-low 60.5 quarterback rating and throwing an NFL-high 22 interceptions.

Okay, I officially have no fkn clue as to how this is gonna play out.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In short don't TT tag me.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk Cousins Would Reportedly 'Seriously Consider' Playing for Browns
TYLER CONWAYJANUARY 10, 2018

hi-res-6ac332f6cb372dedcd0da4fc6e9534c5_crop_north.jpg

Bill Kostroun/Associated Press
Kirk Cousins is apparently not intimidated by the Cleveland Browns' quarterback graveyard.

During an appearance on 92.3 The Fan on Wednesday, Albert Breer of the MMQB reported Cousins would "seriously consider" the Browns if he hit free agency (h/t Kyle Kelly of Browns Wire).

Cousins, 29, could be an unrestricted free agent in March if he's unable to reach a contract agreement with Washington. He has played each of the last two seasons under the franchise tag, making the potential for a third tag seem unlikely.

Washington would have to pay Cousins $34.5 million under the franchise tag. The transition tag, which would require a $28 million salary, is also a possibility.

Washington coach Jay Gruden told Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post he does not want Cousins back on another one-year deal.

"I think something has to be done. I personally don't want to go through another one-year deal, and just [keep going] one year, one year," Gruden said. "I think you want to have a quarterback in here that's going to be here. And hopefully that is Kirk, and if not, we have to move on and do what we have to do as an organization.

"For the most part, the great quarterbacks are in the same system year in and year out, and are developing in that system. [Teams are] not holding our breath every March and April, waiting for the guy. But if that's the case, that's the case. But we like Kirk and his development. He's played well at times, without a doubt, proven that he's a good starting NFL quarterback."

Cousins threw for 4,093 yards and 27 touchdowns against 13 interceptions during the regular season. He saw his numbers markedly decline from his Pro Bowl campaign in 2016, with his QBR dropping more than 16 points. In December, Cousins completed just 56.7 percent of his passes and posted a 75.0 passer rating to complete a 7-9 season on a low note.

"When you're 7-9, you know it's hard to say, 'Wow, this guy really was outstanding,'" Gruden told reporters. "Kirk had his flashes where he was really good. From a consistent standpoint, over the course of 16 games, you know we're 7-9."

The Browns have started 27 different quarterbacks since coming back to the NFL in 1999. DeShone Kizer started 15 games in 2017, posting an NFL-low 60.5 quarterback rating and throwing an NFL-high 22 interceptions.

Okay, I officially have no fkn clue as to how this is gonna play out.

It's a LTD that's driving this guy, number blindness will get them every time, and if Cleveland offers the best deal and he's free to negotiate that deal, buh bye!!

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I don't think he has any intention of signing with the Browns. His agent knows the Browns and Jets are the only teams that can put something together that we can't match. He's trying to scare us into not using the TT.

Kirk wants pure free agency. He wants to get wined and dined and may ultimately choose the Skins. But he wants that choice.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look the skins need to crap or get off the pot . simple as that . and target keenum bridgewater or bradford while drafting another qb for the future . now if i am the skins and he is available i would look at bridgewater . he is young and seems to have more upside then the other 2 . the injury is an issue but he would fit into the gruden system better in my opinion

now that is a KC nut hugger giving us a legit option

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13 259 402 64.4 2,919 7.26 14 87 12 3 54.4 85.2
16 292 447 65.3 3,231 7.23 14 52 9 5 57.5 88.7
1 0 2 0.0 0 0.00 0 0 1 0 0.0 0.0
Career 30 551 851 64.7 6,150 7.23 28 87 22 8 -- 86.3

here are his career stats IN THE NFL . he is 25 yrs old . looks like a guy to look at

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I don't think he has any intention of signing with the Browns. His agent knows the Browns and Jets are the only teams that can put something together that we can't match. He's trying to scare us into not using the TT.

Kirk wants pure free agency. He wants to get wined and dined and may ultimately choose the Skins. But he wants that choice.

Why would he want them to NOT use the trans tag?? Its actually the best shot for Kirk to get out of DC or get paid really well for staying.

A team might be willing to pay really well for Kirk. But paying really well AND giving up two first rounders is a steep price.. especially for what many here have termed a mediocre QB made too look better by the system and the talent around him.

If IM his agent IM praying for either unrestricted FA, or the Trans tag. I get to sell my client without the anchor of two first first rounders I need to sell the new team on. And WORST case, the Skins match the offer from another team, and my client gets paid well any way.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong, but I think Kirk just wants a fresh start. He loves his teammates and o-line. He has said as much, but I think Bruce has really disrespected him.

If he gets the TT he would not be able to sign with a team he really likes because we will just match and he'd be stuck in Washington. The only way to avoid that is to leak that he'd be willing to play for a team like the Browns who could offer a contract that we couldn't match.

That leaves us FT, which he either gets 34 for one year and then bolts or the Skins say too rich for our blood and he gets TRUE free agency and can sign with anybody.

Like I said. I have know real feel for this right now. Just my sense of things. I don't think LTD is out of the question. I do think he does not want to get tagged.

Also, we don't get compensation on the TT. We lose him for nothing.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong, but I think Kirk just wants a fresh start. He loves his teammates and o-line. He has said as much, but I think Bruce has really disrespected him.

If he gets the TT he would not be able to sign with a team he really likes because we will just match and he'd be stuck in Washington. The only way to avoid that is to leak that he'd be willing to play for a team like the Browns who could offer a contract that we couldn't match.

That leaves us FT, which he either gets 34 for one year and then bolts or the Skins say too rich for our blood and he gets TRUE free agency and can sign with anybody.

Like I said. I have know real feel for this right now. Just my sense of things. I don't think LTD is out of the question. I do think he does not want to get tagged.

Also, we don't get compensation on the TT. We lose him for nothing.

Again.. why would he NOT want the Trans ag. If he really wants out its his easiest route.

If they franchise him, he will sign it because its a hard sell to get a team to give up two firsts for a mediocre QB (Not my words, but the term that has been attributed to him by MANY posters around here at almost every turn).

So if Kirk really wants out, he is hoping for the trans tag. If Bruce really wants rid of him, compensation wont matter. And I dont think it does. Bruce looks right if Kirk bolts for nothing but money. And looking right is more important than being right to Bruce. NOw if he can actually look smart and be right, great. But to him perception is reality.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce has two options if the premise is to keep Kirk. If Bruce wants Kirk to leave than this whole conversation is null and void. Let's say Dan has told Bruce to make it happen. Let's just say that.

Bruce basically has two options. He can let his nuts hang, TT Kirk and gamble that he won't agree to a contract with the Browns or Jets that we can't match. He has to call Kirk's bluff that he is willing to sign up to play in Cleveland or behind that horrific o-line the Jets have. Thats the gamble. Kirk may just do that and we are left high and dry with a 3rd in 19.

Arizona, Denver, Jacksonville.....Bruce can and will match those offers all day and Kirk is here long term.

Or

He can place the FT on him and if Kirk says okay, I'll play in D.C. for 34 and then I'm gone. Now the Skins can control the situation. If Kirk won't agree to sign LT you can trade him to his preferred destination for a 1st and change of course.

If they TT Kirk he has to play in Cleveland, NY Jets or Washington.

If they FT him he's in Washington or some place he'd really like to go, but on our terms with compensation.

If we don't tag him at all, he's probably gone.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or the Skins can be a competent franchise and (in my Rounders Russian accent) "pay that man his money."

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they TT Kirk he has to play in Cleveland, NY Jets or Washington.

If they FT him he's in Washington or some place he'd really like to go, but on our terms with compensation.

And thats the real problem. Bruce thinking he is in control. He screwed that up three years ago.

If Kirk really doesnt want to be here, even if they Franchise tag him, nothing says we are destined to get a good return for trading him.

Case in point, Champ Bailey wanted no parts of this team. Dan tagged him. Eventually we traded him. We gave Champ AND a 2nd rounder for Portis straight up. The worst thing Bruce could do is tag a player who publically says I dont want to be in DC. Because it means either Kirk signs and plays on the tag, or he gets traded, but I doubt Kirk would be willing to do the Skins any favors in that instance.

If Bruce has no intention of paying him, we either need to accept that we screwed up and just let him go, or trans tag him. Because the Franchise tag simply means this gets messier and I will say it now.... we aint going to get a first rounder for a player that doesnt want to be here and we dont really want any way.