• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Team Off Season Report

txTIGER1963

ONE TOKE OVER THE LINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 417.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO it starts at QB. Either Bryant needs to improve his passing game or one of the young guys needs to be the starter. With Feaster and Etienne we have as good of a 1/2 punch at RB as anybody in the country. Just need the passing game to complement them.

Some of the younger receivers started to emerge later in the season and honestly Deon Cain declaring for the draft is addition by subtraction. Cain gets a ton of credit for his "WOW" plays, but for every play like that he had two where his lack of effort cost us. I see Tee Higgins moving into his spot and he's already shown that unlike Cain he can make the tough contested catch. In another thread I posted about how I was looking forward to Amari Rodgers replacing Ray-Ray McCloud because for all his athleticism McCloud was never a natural receiver. Rodgers is just as athletic and is far more polished at this point than McCloud ever would be.

Another big addition this year that was missing this year was TE Garrett Williams. He was lost for the season in the spring with a torn ACL. He was never a starter but played in all 30 games his first two years and was the most effective blocker out of the TE group.

this and hopefully ETN will learn some pass blocking

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Adjusting to a new starting QB for the first time in roughly 11 years. This will be crucial. Haskins' ceiling is elite, now he just has to follow through.
2. Mike Weber coming back muddied up the backfield situation a bit, which will lead to some redshirting and probably a transfer, my guess from Antonio Williams.
3. The stud defensive players from the 2017 class are going to be heavily relied on. At least 4-5 of them will be starting this year - DE Chase Young (5*), MLB Baron Browning (5*), CB Shaun Wade (5*), CB Jeffrey Okudah (5*), and CB Isaiah Pryor (4*). We'll see if they live up to their billing.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, here is the schedule of Florida State tomorrow. Our fate in recruiting will
be basically settled by 1 pm tomorrow.

We have risen from #65 in Rivals rankings to #14.

We have 8 remaining targets tomorrow.

This is when they will announce...

7am-RB Anthony Grant. He is a UT commit from Buford, Ga but we have a shot.

10am-DE Malcom Lamer. We're his leader from Seffner Armwood.

10am-ILB James Miller. We're his leader from Seffner Armwood

10am-DE-Andrew Chatfield. Miami and UF lead for him. He's from American Heritage

1045am-QB James Foster. We have a 6 in 10 chance of beating out TAM for him. He's from Lanier,Ala

1045am-Ath Tre'Shaun Harrision. We are his leader. He's from Garfield, Washington

1130am-DL Jamarcus Chatman. We're 4th on his list, but believe we have a shot. He's from Rome, Ga

1PM-WR Jordan Young. He's a soft verbal to UT that we believe we'll flip. He's from Conyers, Ga.

If we get 5 of those, we should crack the Top10 in recruiting and have completed a pretty large
rise in just 45 days.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off to a good start.

We flipped Grant away from UT and VPI at 7am this morning.

Next possible Nole signings won't come until 10 am. 3 of them at that hour.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 for 2. Malcolm Lamar, the big 4-star DE from Seffner Armwood has just signed his
LOI. Team has moved to #11 in Rivals.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had some assistants get poached to Tennessee. They've all been replaced.

Top ranked recruiting class by all sites.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did what we were supposed to do today but didn’t get all the o-line recruits that we needed. That will be priority one next year and will probably need to mine the Juco market as well.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We finished in Rivals' Top10. I'm thrilled.

Plus we got some burners at wr and some height at wr.

And we got LB's with some size and muscle. We always have speed there, but there
are times we have issues when folks run right at us.

Great DB's again.

And a new "simple" offense. It's meant to get playmakers in space. One of the issues
of Fisher on offense was his playbook was very difficult to learn. Many times we have frosh that
could get some reps, but were limited because of the difficulty of the playbook.

This year we've just signed at least 3 kids that run a legit 4.3 40. If we run double slot with
two of them on the field on a hot pattern, we'll create some match-up issues for opponents.