• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Team draft grades. Rated by us.

What is your final evaluation of the Lions draft?

• A

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • B

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • C

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally have to go with a B for now.

I love the Jarrad Davis pick. The fact that he is 10-15 pounds heavier than Foster and still ran 4.5 with a 37inch vertical let's you know this guy is a stud. Should be the centerpiece of our defense for years to come.

I have a feeling "Teez" will be a bust, hope I am wrong.

The WR out of northern Illinois is scary but I think I read from another poster on here he only dropped like 5 out of 100 catchable passes or something like that. That already makes him better than Ebron.

Maybin will hopefully take over at WLB later this year or next.

That little CB was an athletic stud at his pro day. I guess insurance in case others get hurt but I don't see why we will need him when Davis and Maybin will be able to cover the middle of the field.

We also snagged a couple DL guys who should hopefully rotate in this year.

Not too shabby. I love the fact we stayed on the defensive side of the ball. There were really no good pass rushers left after round 1 anyways. Glad we didn't reach for one.

The one miss I think that Quinn will regret is picking Tabor over Obi in the 2nd.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give it a C.

Love the first 2 rounds, was not thrilled with every pick after that. He swung for the fences a lot, so if one or two pan out it could be much better. I think he ignored the 2 biggest needs completely, and you can't even say it is BPA gone wrong as he did not take BPA as far as I can tell.

I love the Teez pick, I think way too much is made of a 40 time. Worst case scenario is he becomes a great safety IMO.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B-

Love the first two picks. Davis and Tabor will be studs in Austin's defense. I love how BQ speaks about the rest of his picks, but none of them are guys I know much about, or wanted. We passed on a lot of guys I wanted (Watt, Cook, Obi, all the MI players), so if they work out and these guys don't, it could end up being a C or lower. No RB or Dline hurts too.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this on the other thread.

"Love Davis of course. Tabor was a reach at best. Golladay who I even like quite a bit was a reach in 3. Maybin will probably never see a down on defense unless we have injuries. I over-reacted on Roberts before seeing much on him and he actually looks pretty decent. Agnew will be a nice replacement for Bademosi, but also may spend the year on the PS unless we cut Johnny Badass. Ledbetter will never be a starter, he is rotational at best. We passed on both Smart and Qualls for him. Kaaya was a bargain in round 6. Pat O'connor we will never see again.

Grade C or C+ at best."

And Keep in mind that we picked 2 guys that I actually had in my personal draft list...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions GM Bob Quinn said first-round pick Jarrad Davis will play middle linebacker.

It's good news for Davis' fantasy IDP value. "We'll play him at middle linebacker," confirmed Quinn. "We hope for many years with him calling our defense." The Lions will apparently move Tahir Whitehead outside to compete for playing time with Paul Worrilow. Detroit mistakenly bypassed pass rushers in the draft, instead using multiple picks on off-ball linebackers. Detroit is likely headed for another mediocre season in the middle of the NFC North.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B

Detroit mistakenly bypassed pass rushers in the draft, instead using multiple picks on off-ball linebackers. Detroit is likely headed for another mediocre season in the middle of the NFC North.

Not really impressed by any of the drafts in the North. Chicago took some weird turns, Minnesota is barely improved but has more question marks than Detroit, Green Bay didn't exactly nail it. As it stands today, Detroit looks to be competitive in the North based on the perceived improvements in free agency (O Line) and the draft (some D needs addressed). Not much more that we can ask for in May.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions GM Bob Quinn said first-round pick Jarrad Davis will play middle linebacker.

It's good news for Davis' fantasy IDP value. "We'll play him at middle linebacker," confirmed Quinn. "We hope for many years with him calling our defense." The Lions will apparently move Tahir Whitehead outside to compete for playing time with Paul Worrilow. Detroit mistakenly bypassed pass rushers in the draft, instead using multiple picks on off-ball linebackers. Detroit is likely headed for another mediocre season in the middle of the NFC North.

Not exactly sure whoever is writing for Rotoworld for us but I know that the team is a lot more solid than most of them realize.

QB, WR, OL and TE is pretty much set.
RB is the only weak point but may be better if AA can stay healthy.

DL is middle of the pack.
LB's should be much better with Davis. They were a major weak point last season.
Secondary is very solid as well. the only real question mark is Killebrew.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When did middle of the NFC mean lead the division until week 17? That feels more like competing for division title than middling.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whitehead back to the outside. Looks like Bynes is not coming back afterall. Unless we are thinking of changing to a 3-4. We have the personnel to do that now.

As far as pass rushers go, the so called experts are way off. We do need a DT that can do that. Ziggy, Cornhole, and Hyder are above average pass rushers at DE. The faster LBs will allow the D-line more opportunities to rush the passer this year. I have posted a 1000 times that we got conservative after game 4 on defense cause our DBs got burned often. It payed off too. We went 8-1 after that. We lost the last 4 but defense didnt lose it for us. Our offense was even more conservative then the defense and didnt carry its weight down the stretch.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Round 1 the Lions upgraded the weakest unit on the team.

Round 2 the Lions drafted a game changer this defense has lacked for some time.

The difference in our outlook on this draft boils down to how we perceive a single player. Golladay. I don't really care where BSPN had him ranked. A big, athletic WR that does nothing but catch the ball. I'm trying to see the downside. I can't. And I don't want to hear any bullshit about him being there in the 4th. It only takes one other team to screw you over. And it was a 3rd round pick. After the 2nd round you may as well throw the draft boards out the window. Go get your guys. BQ did. Great draft.

The Elephants 'team defense' just got a lot stronger, too. :hammer:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prolly a C+.

I like the Davis pick a lot. Not crazy about Tabor, but I don't know shit about secondary ins and outs. I do know I ran a faster 40 in high school and I'm Stafford sized. That concerns me.

If we drafted Jake Butt I'd have given the draft an A. But we didn't. We took a TE from a conference that doesn't play defense. Then took another defensive guy from that conference. Really don't see the Dlineman making the active roster tbh.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost forgot... C

There may be a reason they passed on players I know are good for what they drafted. But, for the life of me I can't get over the Lions being better than mediocre. If the Lions can't get to the QB, the secondary will only last so long before it breaks down. I'm a trenches kind of guy.

I can't remember if it was last year or the year before that 2017 is the Lions turn to win.