• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Team 120 - 2016 Tennessee Volunteers Football Thread

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivals
You look at things differently and that's why I've decided to give up football and just be there for my family. Spend time with my brother, my dad and my grandparents because you don't know how much longer any of us have. It just gave me new perspective."

Tennessee head coach Butch Jones recently reached out to Stewart, and Jones told VolQuest.com that Stewart always will be a Vol.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five best SEC defensive backs of the past decade
1. Eric Berry, Tennessee (2007-09): Arguably the best defensive back in SEC history, Berry’s three seasons at Tennessee saw him win enough awards to fill a gigantic trophy case. He was the SEC’s defensive player of the year as a sophomore in 2008, a season where he tied for the national lead with seven interceptions and returned those picks for a total of 265 yards and two touchdowns. He was a unanimous All-SEC and All-America selection in 2008 and 2009 (he also was second-team All-SEC as a freshman in 2007) and won the Jim Thorpe Award as the nation’s top defensive back in 2009. After going fifth overall to the Kansas City Chiefs in the 2010 NFL draft, Berry has been just as successful as a pro. He’s a four-time Pro Bowler and two-time All-Pro with the Chiefs and also won the Associated Press NFL Comeback Player of the Year award last season following his comeback from Hodgkin’s lymphoma. As good as the other players on the list are, Berry has a resume that is awfully difficult to beat.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest reason for hope for every SEC team
Tennessee: Jalen Hurd and Alvin Kamara are the most talented running back duo in the nation
With so many talented running backs in college football right now, plenty of teams have a guy who they can feature their ground game around. Not many teams have two though, and that’s where the Volunteers have an edge. Jalen Hurd is the obvious name that everyone knows, rushing for 1,286 yards and forcing 65 missed tackles on the ground, but Alvin Kamara was even more impressive last year, albeit in a limited role. He carried the ball just 106 times, but racked up 702 yards and forced 28 missed tackles. He also added 13 missed tackles forced as a receiver on 35 catches, compared with Hurd’s five from 23 receptions. This isn’t about trying to argue one is better than the other though, this is about pointing out just how talented the Tennessee backfield is, and just how big an impact they can make in 2016.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenny Chesney to perform on eve of Battle at Bristol
Country star Kenny Chesney will perform at a concert at Bristol Motor Speedway on the eve of the game as the top act of the Bristol Tailgate Party. Others performing will include The Band Perry and Old Dominion. Chesney is an alum of East Tennessee State and said it is a dream to perform at the speedway.

”I had a lot of dreams then, but never did I dream I would be playing at Bristol Motor Speedway,” Chesney said. “The idea of that was too big to dream.”

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tick, tock, tick, tock... Soon, we will hear the echos...