• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TCU is next

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU has now lost three straight. First time this has happened since the 2003 season.

Yesterday's loss was the 7th by 20+ points in the past 2 seasons.

This is not the best of times...

WVU opens as a 14 point dog to the Horned Frogs. Ouch...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU has looked pretty bad in Big 12 play, so for the oddsmakers to give them 14 is interesting to me.

WVU's pass defense was a joke yesterday. Maybe they will make TCU's passing game come alive for one game next week too?

I had hoped to see signs of improvement yesterday, but I have nothing...

Trickett has his issues. I have been on record to voice my concerns about his play. I am more concerned about his reaction to what happens during the game.

Winning cures a lot of ails... this team needs some wins.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU has looked pretty bad in Big 12 play, so for the oddsmakers to give them 14 is interesting to me.

WVU's pass defense was a joke yesterday. Maybe they will make TCU's passing game come alive for one game next week too?

I had hoped to see signs of improvement yesterday, but I have nothing...

Trickett has his issues. I have been on record to voice my concerns about his play. I am more concerned about his reaction to what happens during the game.

Winning cures a lot of ails... this team needs some wins.

I do not see any improvement from game one this year, when we lost close to OU, I had some hope, when we beat OSU I had hope, but the team has NO confidence at all, the players are not buying whatever the coaches are selling. I see MAYBE one more win, and am starting to waiver in that. This is a down year for the entire B12 conference, so WVU should be doing much better. I have said all along that Holgorsen is another Charlie Weiss a good assistant, but not a head coach at all. Can he learn? I do not know, but a team like WVU who recruits kids from elsewhere with little home grown talent can not afford many more of these blowout losses and expect to recover from it. Holgorsen sounds like Sonny Randall in his post game pressers, "it is all on me, the boys played hard, I let the team down" etc. Just like last year, the team is getting worse as the year goes on, this staff does not seem to learn or adapt, they are arrogant in thinking that what worked in the bowl against Clemson will always work with any personnel against any team. There will be no bowl game this year, so there will be less practice, less oportunity to learn and play together. Things look bleak for WVU football for the future. :gaah:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU has now lost three straight. First time this has happened since the 2003 season.

Yesterday's loss was the 7th by 20+ points in the past 2 seasons.

This is not the best of times...

WVU opens as a 14 point dog to the Horned Frogs. Ouch...

We lost 5 straight last year.......... and it looks like we will see that again, I see no reason to think we will beat TCU or Texas, and we MAY split with KU and IAST, things are in complete disarray now. I am sick of the blowout losses:gaah::gaah:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost 5 straight last year.......... and it looks like we will see that again, I see no reason to think we will beat TCU or Texas, and we MAY split with KU and IAST, things are in complete disarray now. I am sick of the blowout losses:gaah::gaah:

Good catch. We did lose 5 straight last year.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My observation from yesterday is that the QB sucks. Absolutely fucking horrible. He missed some really easy throws even as O line gave him time. The O-Line's run blocking is also fucking horrible--Sims is a good player but they don't open holes. So is Smith, once again no holes. The WR's are not that bad, it is the QB missing throws. The Defense played well until KS decided to throw and our defensive secondary couldn't cover an arthritic 80 year old man. So it ain't looking pretty. I would not be surprised to see Luck and Holgerson both jump ship at the end of the year. Remember, you heard that here first.:whistle:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My observation from yesterday is that the QB sucks. Absolutely fucking horrible. He missed some really easy throws even as O line gave him time. The O-Line's run blocking is also fucking horrible--Sims is a good player but they don't open holes. So is Smith, once again no holes. The WR's are not that bad, it is the QB missing throws. The Defense played well until KS decided to throw and our defensive secondary couldn't cover an arthritic 80 year old man. So it ain't looking pretty. I would not be surprised to see Luck and Holgerson both jump ship at the end of the year. Remember, you heard that here first.:whistle:

Do you see Holgorsen going back to an OC job somewhere? I really do not see him getting any other HC jobs with the job he has done here.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you believe the Internet rumor mill, it will be announced this week that Luck has accepted the Texas AD position.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely he goes to an OC job at like Texas or a Pac 10 school. I don't see him staying around here and if Luck leaves, it is a no brainer, he is toast. I still am trying to keep an open mind here about Dana but I don't like his demeanor very well. He doesn't really resonate with the press or the fans and he has a little shitty attitude at times. If your winning, nobody cares but it becomes annoying when you getting pasted by 20 every week and struggle to score.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely he goes to an OC job at like Texas or a Pac 10 school. I don't see him staying around here and if Luck leaves, it is a no brainer, he is toast. I still am trying to keep an open mind here about Dana but I don't like his demeanor very well. He doesn't really resonate with the press or the fans and he has a little shitty attitude at times. If your winning, nobody cares but it becomes annoying when you getting pasted by 20 every week and struggle to score.

That your wife, Diehard?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little follow up about the Luck to Texas rumor.... from our old friend goose...

Randy Gyorko@gyorkocfn [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]394870528495730688[/MEDIA]"]16s[/ame]
RT @ChipBrownOB West Virginia AD Oliver Luck could be named AD at Texas by the end of November, sources tell OB. ... http://SportsHoopla.com/1aBs1U5

Last edited by a moderator:

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU opens at a 14 point favorite? Dang that seems high. I know our secondary and QB are pathetic but dang. There O has been worse then ours. Ohh well I don't expect a win however a 2 TD loss to a team who is in disarray. DAYYYUMMMMM

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hated Frauds demeanor and attitude, thought he was an arrogant asshole, but he was one of us, and he won. Our fans connected with him, even though he was a jerk, he was OUR jerk, he was one of us. A local guy who wins will be forgiven a LOT. An outsider hired under less than ideal circumstances, who loses more games by worse scores than we have seen in 35 years who was brought in to be the next Nick Saban has little wiggle room.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah let's bring RR back his 5-17 record vs ranked teams screams he deserves this...I guess we can overlook all his blowout L's since he is from WV. Fuck rich rod he won when we were the big fish in the little pond and has not done shit since he left...even at a place where you just show up and get recruits.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So sick of this "be one of us" bullshit....what the hell does that even mean? I am from WV was Stew supposed to represent me? RR? DH? They are the coach of a football team, I could give a crap less if he knows about dolly sods or the new river bridge. My grandad was a coal miner born and bread....he hated Stew so what does "one of us" really mean?

And way to get the selection pool really thin....let's see do we go with the guy who lost our biggest game ever and then has sucked since leaving or the guy who is 21-23 with Marshall's schedule? Oh wait maybe the rumor mill is right and Nick Saban is coming back....lol. We are just to proud of a people to let a guy develope. Smh

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we have to wait n see but, as we sit ol Roots has a "basketball school" sittin pretty in the PAC south chase. I don't look for it to stand but... facts is facts..

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah let's bring RR back his 5-17 record vs ranked teams screams he deserves this...I guess we can overlook all his blowout L's since he is from WV. Fuck rich rod he won when we were the big fish in the little pond and has not done shit since he left...even at a place where you just show up and get recruits.

11-14, go count again, no one said to bring him back. Holgorsen 5-7, soooooooo???????????
As to Frauds time at UM, there is chemistry and fit, he had neither there, he did not rub the boosters there the right way, he can coach.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was wrong he was 2-11 at Michigan vs ranked teams 2-5 at zona. Lol 4-16 but thank god he is one of us.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So sick of this "be one of us" bullshit....what the hell does that even mean? I am from WV was Stew supposed to represent me? RR? DH? They are the coach of a football team, I could give a crap less if he knows about dolly sods or the new river bridge. My grandad was a coal miner born and bread....he hated Stew so what does "one of us" really mean?

And way to get the selection pool really thin....let's see do we go with the guy who lost our biggest game ever and then has sucked since leaving or the guy who is 21-23 with Marshall's schedule? Oh wait maybe the rumor mill is right and Nick Saban is coming back....lol. We are just to proud of a people to let a guy develope. Smh

If being one of us means nothing, then why is Holgorsen deciding to teach the kids on the team WVa history? If tradition means nothing, why now the desire to get our rivals back on the schedule?? Why dont you take a look around college football at the coaches with ties to WVU? Not only Saban, but Jimbo Fisher, Holtz, all the Bowdens, Carr. When Holgorsen made changes on his staff after last year, he sought out guys with prior ties to WVU. I do not get the love for this failing coach, I think he is a Charlie Weiss, a great assistant, but poor HC.