• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TCU game

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody gives us a chance in this one. Many say we can't cover the 13.5 point spread. Can our D hold up?

Will Lee Corso put on a Mountaineer coonskin...unlikely.

Can TCU stop us?

I think the game will be close if some of these guys make it back.

West Virginia
Date Pos Player Injury Status
10/05/17 S Kyzir White Undisclosed is upgraded to probable Saturday vs. TCU
10/05/17 CB Mike Daniels Jr. Undisclosed is upgraded to probable Saturday vs. TCU
10/02/17 S Marvin Gross Jr. Undisclosed "?" Saturday vs. TCU
10/01/17 LB David Long Jr. Knee "?" Saturday vs. TCU
10/01/17 OL Grant Lingafelter Knee "?" Saturday vs. TCU
10/01/17 OL Jacob Buccigrossi ACL "?" Saturday vs. TCU
10/01/17 S Toyous Avery Undisclosed "?" Saturday vs. TCU
09/25/17 LB Brendan Ferns Shoulder out indefinitely

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding is that everyone... except Ferns who is lost for the season... is expected to be available Saturday.

The WVU defense has been exposed. At least we all know that heading into tomorrow's game. I'm not as savvy as Slaton when it comes to all the X's and O's, but Gibby has to be able to negatively impact TCU's run game. It has been so proficient this year, it has taken the stress off of Hill. They have the highest 3rd down conversion rate in the country, and this is in large part due to so many 3rd and short situations.

Hill is completing something like 70% of his passes, but his WR's are midgets.

TCU's defense is solid against the run... giving up less than 100 yds/gm. But, their pass defense is below average... only slightly better than where WVU sits.

I hope WVU can use the passing game to open up the running game. This will allow them to take control of the clock when they want to. If WVU can jump out to a 2 possession lead late in the 2nd half, it will force Hill to have to throw the ball. If WVU can slow down the rush of TCU and put them behind the chains... it will force Hill to have to thrown the ball.

I don't trust Hill to be able to handle that kind of pressure. Gibby ain't got nothing to lose. Let your CB's go man on them little midgets and press them like mofo's. Zero blitz the hell out of them boys. And, see what happens...

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU by 14+, unfortunately.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding is that everyone... except Ferns who is lost for the season... is expected to be available Saturday.

The WVU defense has been exposed. At least we all know that heading into tomorrow's game. I'm not as savvy as Slaton when it comes to all the X's and O's, but Gibby has to be able to negatively impact TCU's run game. It has been so proficient this year, it has taken the stress off of Hill. They have the highest 3rd down conversion rate in the country, and this is in large part due to so many 3rd and short situations.

Hill is completing something like 70% of his passes, but his WR's are midgets.

TCU's defense is solid against the run... giving up less than 100 yds/gm. But, their pass defense is below average... only slightly better than where WVU sits.

I hope WVU can use the passing game to open up the running game. This will allow them to take control of the clock when they want to. If WVU can jump out to a 2 possession lead late in the 2nd half, it will force Hill to have to throw the ball. If WVU can slow down the rush of TCU and put them behind the chains... it will force Hill to have to thrown the ball.

I don't trust Hill to be able to handle that kind of pressure. Gibby ain't got nothing to lose. Let your CB's go man on them little midgets and press them like mofo's. Zero blitz the hell out of them boys. And, see what happens...

I think you nailed it. Gotta get up on them and make Hill beat us.

I'm hoping that our injured defensive guys can get back this game and make a big impact because if they can't... IMO this could get ugly for the good guys.