• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TCU Game Thread

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point can we win out, or do we continue to slide?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shame this one had to end.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point can we win out, or do we continue to slide?

Good question. You don't play this kind of schedule and not suffer both a physical and mental beating.

This is not a confident team. And, too many kids are down with injury. Fortunately, the schedule gets a whole lot easier.

WVU should win the rest of their games.

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question. You don't play this kind of schedule and not suffer both a physical and mental beating.

This is not a confident team. And, too many kids are down with injury. Fortunately, the schedule gets a whole lot easier.

WVU should win the rest of their games.

Good answer. I guess my question should have been, does the team pick themselves up and win out, or does 0-4 destroy their confidence, and they give up?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT has one of the worst defenses in the country. So, I see some big plays happening. Once this happens, you'll see the kids relax and play with tons of energy.

It's hard playing against great teams when you know you cannot make a mistake. Once you make one, it tends to snowball.

The kids are playing way too tight. No way the WR's miss those easy TD catches if they're playing Kansas.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT will be a toss up imo, not sure we can keep pace with their offense.

Texas is a loss imo, too much talent on defense for this pathetic offense.

Kansas will be a win

Iowa State.... prob a win but will prob be tight and wont be shocked if we lose that one.

KState I think Snyder will have the QB situation figured out by then and he will out coach our OC once again we lose out there imo.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT will be a toss up imo, not sure we can keep pace with their offense.

Texas is a loss imo, too much talent on defense for this pathetic offense.

Kansas will be a win

Iowa State.... prob a win but will prob be tight and wont be shocked if we lose that one.

KState I think Snyder will have the QB situation figured out by then and he will out coach our OC once again we lose out there imo.
I think that is probably accurate, I don't see us beating Texas, they are getting better every week, Snyder has our number so KSU is probably a loss, TT depends as much on each teams attitude as talent, IAST is dangerous, and if we lose to KU Lyons has to earn his pay. It is time for Holgorsen, pulling down $3 million a year, to produce. We fired a coach for 9 wins a year for losing 3 games by a TOTAL of 14 points, one of those by 6 AT LSU, yet some make excuses for the multiple blowout losses we have had since the change. I am tired of those losses, I am tired of excuses, I am tired of watching our coach whine to officials while his team is unprepared to play the game. It is sad to see the Mounties floundering, even sadder to see some fans making excuses for our failed coach. If Clarke's fumbles were Stewart's fault, then surely the fact that our QB can't deliver the ball, our receivers can't catch the ball is Holgorsen's fault!!!!!!!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 2-3 the rest of the way out.

With 5 wins DH probably gets the door.

Defense is a joke just as much as the offense. Howard played pretty good last night, but our WR's forgot how to catch. Everybody forgot how to tackle. Hell when is the last time we said our special teams was the best part of a game?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 2-3 the rest of the way out.

With 5 wins DH probably gets the door.

Defense is a joke just as much as the offense. Howard played pretty good last night, but our WR's forgot how to catch. Everybody forgot how to tackle. Hell when is the last time we said our special teams was the best part of a game?

Yes BBW it was Skylar's fault on the first two passes to open up the first Quater..he was late on both throws......But he played better as the game went on..

My takeaways from last night game..can't believe all of the dropped passes..except for one..( I will get to that in a second)..Shell has stopped playing...The Officials were horrific..how does a guy clear across the field 40 yards away call a pass interference penalty?..and some of the othe PI's?? Holy Cow!!..are you kidding me??..Worley has regressed...ugh.

But back to one of the dropped passes...WHY did Dana burn Sill's red shirt?..to get him in for maybe 6 snaps a game??...are they that thin at receiver? Or is he not the NEXT QB at Wv??..speaking of which if you have decided to burn his red-shirt isn't it time both he and Crest to stop playing Wr and start playing QB?? As they were both recruited for?...

At the end of the day I agree with DCW..and here you go DAD...IMHO this team is not getting better..they are regressing or in neutral at best..DANA said this is his best team since he has been at Wv if that is the case and this is all the progression they have made in 5 years it is a fair enough sample size that maybe it is time for a change at Head Coach...with all the drops last night I saw a major focus issue...shouldn't be the case after a bye week and playing in a big game....

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas has one of the worst defenses in the country... currently ranked #101. They pair this with one of the worst offenses in the country... #106.

If they were an OOC opponent, WVU fans would be calling them a cupcake.

TT has an even worse defense. They cannot stop the run nor the pass. The 2nd worst defense in all the land.

KSU is really bad this year. Even a great coach like Synder can't polish that piece of shit.

ISU just fired their OC. And, KU is the worst team in FBS.

5-0 is very likely.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes BBW it was Skylar's fault on the first two passes to open up the first Quater..he was late on both throws......But he played better as the game went on..

My takeaways from last night game..can't believe all of the dropped passes..except for one..( I will get to that in a second)..Shell has stopped playing...The Officials were horrific..how does a guy clear across the field 40 yards away call a pass interference penalty?..and some of the othe PI's?? Holy Cow!!..are you kidding me??..Worley has regressed...ugh.

But back to one of the dropped passes...WHY did Dana burn Sill's red shirt?..to get him in for maybe 6 snaps a game??...are they that thin at receiver? Or is he not the NEXT QB at Wv??..speaking of which if you have decided to burn his red-shirt isn't it time both he and Crest to stop playing Wr and start playing QB?? As they were both recruited for?...

At the end of the day I agree with DCW..and here you go DAD...IMHO this team is not getting better..they are regressing or in neutral at best..DANA said this is his best team since he has been at Wv if that is the case and this is all the progression they have made in 5 years it is a fair enough sample size that maybe it is time for a change at Head Coach...with all the drops last night I saw a major focus issue...shouldn't be the case after a bye week and playing in a big game....

You have a real problem with Skyler. All because your boy Crest didn't pan out. His first passes could not have been better. Klatt is a former QB, and he was singing Skyler's praises after those throws.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha!

Texas was shut out by fucking Iowa State. ISU with the #103 scoring defense shut out the mighty Longhorns.

And all that talent on the #101 defense in all the land faced a first time starter at QB and a new OC...and got whipped.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That TT defense looked really solid too.

How many points did Okie St score,against WVU,in regulation?

Too funny!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more win to go. 4-0 in November.

Time to triumph over the old geezer...

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how everyone wrote this team off as dead. 4-0 in the last 4 with only K-State to go. Hey, let's fire Holgorsen!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yeah!!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what point in Mountaineer history did it start to matter who WVU beat? When did WVU fans start feeling some conference wins were unimpressive because of a team's pulse?

There is a group of WVU fans who hated seeing a coach fired when his teams went 9-4. Those teams were favored in almost every game they played under his tenure, and lost 12 of them over that time. WVU lost to teams that did not have a pulse.

We have a group of fans who want to see WVU back in the spotlight like they were from '05-'07. The '05 team was recently celebrated at the Okie St. game That team beat one ranked team in the regular season… beating UofL when the officiating crew missed a penalty on the onside kick… costing UofL the win in regulation time. That '05 team beat one other team with a winning record that year.

We have a group of fans who love to talk about the glorious '88 season… The Perfect Season. WVU played two teams with a winning record that year. Beat one team with a pulse when beating SU in the season finale. They played 4 teams with a 3-8 record. One team with a 2-8-1 record.